countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on May 3, 2013
I read the bad reviews and decided to risk it, if you buy this, yes it may come perfect, but there's a good chance it will have major flaws, thank god for me they weren't structure flaws, maybe there were but i couldn't even put it together so i don't know.

Received and stopped after step 4 of the instructions, says there's 3 bolts, only got 2, 1 doesn't even fit, the holes in the 2 sidebars don't match up evenly at all, what was supposed to be a hole was a slit.
I could mess with it for a while with some tools but even if i get it built, if it came in this condition i don't trust the company with my safety.

This is not worth 40 dollars, wouldn't even pay 10, even the box looks like its been delivered from the dollar store and the main piece that holds it to the wall is plastic.... the rest is metal, i don't understand why they couldn't spend a few more cents and make it metal.

I've never returned an item before, even bought off of eBay, now i have to, oh well hopefully it won't be too much trouble.
on May 18, 2016
I found the GoFit chin up station easy to assemble. The metal components are decidedly stronger and the unit as a whole feels more durable than the perfect fitness pull up bar I currently have. As advertised, the GoFit chin up bar gets you higher off the ground and it feels like I can do more complete chin-up/pull-up and have better form for exercises like hanging knee raises. Early days, but this appears to be a great product.
on January 29, 2012
I decided to get back into shape and I thought a chin up bar would be perfect. so I picked up this one, but it only lasted about 3 months before the plastic piece that anchors the bar to the top of the door frame broke. I only weigh about 165 pounds, and although I was doing upwards of 150-200 pull ups a day (which I realize is not normal in the slightest) this is what it's designed for so it shouldn't have broken like it did. it also dented my door frame. decent product, but there are definitely better options out there
on March 9, 2016
We had bought a doorway chin up bar before and it ended up not fitting in our doorway! When we finally decided to give it another go, we went to a fitness equipment store and the guy told that many of them get returned because of that reason and so they stopped selling them in-store but that he heard GoFit was the one everyone boasted as the best for fitting doorways. We ordered it here on Amazon and got it within 2 days time! Totally unexpected since it said 5-7 days originally. Anyway it fit our doorway perfectly, easy assembly, comes with a little safety hook that you just slip on and off of your door frame whenever you are using the chinup bar, which for me is extra piece-of-mind even though the unit is very sturdy and after a couple test runs I feel very safe hanging on it. My husband and I both use it with no problems. No screws in the wall or door frame needed for this unit and it hasn't made any marks on our door/wall thus far. Definitely 5 star.
on May 25, 2012
When I received the box it was already unsealed. I figured what the hey, as long as the product was in good working condition I'll just look past it. Unfortunately, while putting it together two of the screws and two of the bolts among several that were provided did not fit. Just terrible quality assurance overall and a frustrating experience.
on January 3, 2013
after the initial trouble of assembly,,,, (not too bad) its all smooth sailing from there!!! great bar great product sold by amazon.. highly recommend, just got a 2nd one for a loved one to get into shape! :)
on September 2, 2013
I most probably would have liked this product.. having received all of it! More than half of the items needed to assemble the station are missing from the box, which leaves me with bars and no parts to put them together! Paying and waiting to receive an incomplete product is very disappointing and frustrating. Now I am left with the running around, trying to figure out which bolts and nuts I'll have to buy in addition to the purchase price already incurred. All there is to this box is 1) bars and 2) parts to assemble these bars. How can the company miss on half of the content? Not impressed.
on September 29, 2014
It works ok

Why the 1 star rating? Missing parts. I was just missing the washers. I considered myself lucky.

The hardware they did include was the wrong size.... although still works... mostly. Even for the instructions they had 2 listings of parts. The parts were different in each listing. This is so amateur and disgusting to have the same problem after so long. I had to add my own washers and a couple more nuts to stabalize the thing

Unfortunately for tall people there doesn't seem to any other pull up bars like this... are there?
on January 9, 2012
It only took two days to ship and when I got it wasn't that difficult assembling it. It does the same job as similar more expensive products so I'm happy.
on September 1, 2013
I purchased this more than a year ago. It is still sturdy and useful. The customer service for this company is flawless. I stripped the screws when I was trying to secure them, so I called the company to see if I could get a new tool set. Being an American company, the guy was unsure if he could send them to me because I am in Canada. He asked and discovered he could. Got the pieces a week later. Good product and nice colour!

See 1 answered question