countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on April 25, 2016
This cable has been a great purchase. I shopped around in stores and online for a good strong cable for a reasonable price. My cable that I received looks exactly like the one pictured. It is a solid and heavy duty cable. I have had it for several years now and it is still going strong. The ends fit well into my tv and computer, but they are a little loose. It can be into my computer and tv, no one touching it, nothing move, it is completely and fully stationary and somehow it does not stay securely in place. The picture will flash here and there because of the cable not quite being a tight enough fit. I always have one end in my tv, so I put a little tape on it to secure it into place. The way my tv is set up, you cannot see the tape at all or notice it, so I do not mind. The end that I sometimes attach into my computer usually is not too bad, but I obviously cannot tape it into my computer every time I want to use it. All of that being said, it does not always do this. Some days it works well and is not finicky. It is minimal enough hat I have never felt the need to go out and replace this cord with a new one or give this one a low number or stars. It works well for the most part, just a little wiggly in my tv sometimes.
I regularly buy cheap HDMI cables, and often the plug covers are loose if not poorly made, where these ones were on par with regular brands you would buy in a store.

Not tight fitting, it clips just fine as expected, it's been running between my PS3 and my Bravia 52 TV for month, no issue with any blurays or games, even with Avatar... I recommend definitely this brand and seller (fast shipping, got it 5 or 6 days after ordering)
on January 22, 2014
The cables I received did not have the nice red sections on the connectors - they were all black. Nonetheless, I have been using them for more than a year now and have had no problems whatsoever. Performance and durability are just as good as those very expensive brand names!
on January 8, 2015
Feels like a "bait and switch" scam.

I have GTMax cables with the red and black from a previous purchase and I can vouch their quality - the cables I purchased are NOT those cables. Instead, the ones I received were black, were very thin and could not handle 1080p.

The saddest part? I picked up better (and thicker) HDMI compliant cables from a Dollarama (a local dollar store( for CAD$3 and had no issues with them.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
on April 29, 2015
It arrived a lot faster than Amazon anticipated because it was coming Honk Kong but it's not like it arrived a few days after. It was so long ago that I forgot I had ordered it. It doesn't look like the image in the item description. I received an all black cable with these two big cylinder looking things attached to the cable. There is one cylinder on each end of the cable pretty close to the HDMI tip. I'm not completely disappointed because the cable works but I don't like the way it looks and I don't like the cylinder things. They take up unnecessary space and add more weight to the cable. I didn't pay much for the cable but if I knew it would come with those cylinder things I would have purchased another cable from somebody else.
on January 9, 2011
First of all, yes, most HDMI cables are ridiculously overpriced. It's a scam.

However, this cheap ones do have their drawbacks.

I found them to be fine for a single direct connection with a display, but ran into problems when running them into a receiver (brand new Sony) then out again into the display.

The Xbox seemed to handle it OK, but the PS3 and the LG bluray player both got 'sparklies', pops and flashes both audibly and visually, indicating that data is being lost. If you look at the wikipedia page on HDMI, you can see that this is an established phenomenon with sub-par cables.

I just wish that there were cables that found a happy medium... around the $10 - $20 price point perhaps.

Caveat emptor.
on July 3, 2016
Why pay premium price for a cord that works just as good? The nice thing about HDMI is that it's fully digital, so it either works perfectly or not at all. These cables work perfectly. I bought four of them, all for work great, and I'd buy them again.
on February 11, 2015
Item not as pictured. Seller says they have no control over the images that are shown on Amazon, but will return it if I mail it back. The Cable I received works so it's not worth the hassle over 5 dollars.
review image review image
on March 20, 2010
I actually bought a $50 cable from the Home Depot and then returned it after consulting amazon and being absolutely blown away by the price difference. In terms of functionality, this is fantastic. I actually use my laptop for video-conferencing and now I can hook up my 52" LCD. Also, with this cable, I can use my laptop as my DVD and media player of choice!!! Great Product, Great Price.
on November 9, 2010
I own a >$100 HDMI cable and I can't tell the difference between the quality when compared against this one - Too bad I didn't think to search amazon the first time!