Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

Customer reviews

Sanctuary: The Complete First Season
Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(5 star). See all 35 reviews
on May 6, 2010
I have always been a big fan of SciFi shows such as the Dresden Files, Fringe, Stargate, and Stargate Atlantis. I was thrilled and pleasantly surprised to discover that many of the cast from Stargate have appeared in Sanctuary as a guest or recurring roles! And it's a Canadian show (filmed in Vancouver, B.C.) Christopher Heyherdahl, from Twilight New Moon is featured quite a bit in it as Big Guy and Jack the Ripper. I loved the unique storyline of Sanctuary, it was very unusual show right from the beginning, it captured my heart as well as the writer in me. I very much enjoyed the stories and wondered where their adventure would take place. I highly recommend this DVD, you won't be disappointed.
One person found this helpful
on April 26, 2010
I'll admit that I only bought this DVD set based on a cheap price and hearsay - that is, I'd heard it was pretty good and I knew it had a lot of producers and writers from shows I already loved. That said? I don't regret it one bit. I watched the show shortly after receiving a prompt delivery, and I fell immediately in love with it. The stories are gripping, the characters are wonderful and compelling, and while the CGI is occasionally a bit noticeable, the affects and visuals overall were stunning.

The DVD set itself is of amazing quality - the video and sound quality are top of the line, and the set up is easy and smooth, if a little simplistic. The special features are nothing spectacular, but they are interesting enough, and are more than enough considering the price and the quality of the rest.

Overall? I definitely recommend this set to any Science Fiction or Fantasy fan - it's well worth a look.
4 people found this helpful
on June 25, 2014
Sanctuary is a creative concept and lives up to your expectations. Amanda Tapping is brilliant and so is the rest of the cast. A huge shout out to Christopher Heyerdahl as John Druitt and Biggie, two contrasting roles which he beautifully executes. The creatures which you encounter in this show are fantastic and so is the storyline. Cut short too early because of budget loss.
on July 11, 2017
Super!!!
on February 3, 2017
Great show. I'm glad to get the DVDs. I have no idea why buying them separately is cheaper than buying the single "all episodes" package.
on April 24, 2017
tres bon dvvd
on December 19, 2016
on February 4, 2016
Fantastic watching!!!
on October 3, 2016
I love this series. Too bad it ended after 4 seasons.
on September 19, 2017