Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

Backspacer-Limited
Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 26, 2010
Backspacer-Limited by Pearl Jam
now i heard some pretty bad things about this album but I have to say i disagee. it is definitely not like any other pearl jam album, it's more upbeat in the pop/alternative rock range. Eddies vocals care each song, the lyrics are interesting and meaningful. great guitars throughout with excellent percussion. the cd cover is a piece of art in itself. Well worth the 8$ i paid for it. love boxing day sales. check it out, don't listen to the criticism, make up your own mind on this one.
One person found this helpful
on February 7, 2018
Awesome
on September 26, 2015
sound great
on March 19, 2010
This album is awesome, another great lp from Pearl Jam. Though purchasing in through Amazon.ca, could have been a bad mistake. The packing was all wrong for this lp. It was shipped in a box that was not wide enough to support the width of the lp, therefore could have been warped, had it not arrived very quickly. The album did not fit properly in the box it was sent in. The person packing it, would have had to have known this, but shipped it bent into a box that was too small, risking it's safety during shipping. There are proper LP boxes available, I suggest Amazon buy some!!
2 people found this helpful
on October 4, 2009
Pearl Jam have released many amazing albums, Binaural, Vitalogy and Self Titled in 2006 for example. This album is great in its own way, with Unthought Known, Speed of Sound, Amongst the Waves, Gonna See my Friend and Got Some all spectacular additions to their catalogue. With the exception of the Fixer, the rest of the songs are quality, though the vocals on Johnny Guitar detract from an otherwise interesting song in my opinion.
2 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2014
The beginning of Pearl Jam's decline.
on November 22, 2009
To start off I have to say that listening to this CD was thought provoking; the initial thoughts being the 1960's and The Who. As soon as the first song started, it was as if the psychedelic '60's were back. "Gonna See My Friend" is a flashback track mixing The Who with Lenny Kravitz. You might be reminded of The Killers when you hear "Got Some", albeit with a slight Buzzcocks punk rock tinge. I pose this question in a good way; this is Pearl Jam? Things get even better from there; "The Fixer" is the best song The Kings of Leon didn't record. This number was also the first single released and you can hear it on local radio, it's fantastic. Continuing on, fans of early Elvis Costello should dig "Johnny Guitar" and "Supersonic" is pure adrenaline-on speed! It's basic rock and roll at its best.
To be honest, with the exception of a few songs, I pretty much hated the whole Grunge movement of the 1990's. I was familiar with Pearl Jam's hits and a few other songs but that was it, so I went into this review with no pre-conceived notions or expectations. With that, besides the great songs mentioned above, when I heard the fifth track, "Just Breathe", it was a 'Wow' moment; I have never heard Eddie Vedder sound better (yes, that rhymes!). This song is pure magic, with a message you can take to the bank. He does it again with just as much passion on "The End".
For this album, Eddie Vedder and band mates looked to the past in the form of producer Brendan O'Brien, whom they worked with in 1998 on the band's "Yield" album. Brendan was also the producer responsible for AC/DC's masterpiece CD "Black Ice", as well as the new Killswitch Engage and Billy Talent CD's. His pedigree also includes Neil Young, The Black Crowes, Rage Against The Machine, The Offspring and Bruce Springsteen (to name just a small few) so he's a heavy hitter when it comes to music and the recording studio. Reaching back to the past, and to Brendan, has given Pearl Jam another disc to be proud of. There are lots of people who can tell you more about Pearl Jam than I can, but what I can tell you is that this CD is rock and roll at it's purest, it's a high energy drive along a musical highway that is a trip to totally enjoy. I hated Grunge but I do like its legacy. I am now a Pearl Jam fan.
on November 8, 2009
I like Pearl Jam, always have. I'm not a fanatic tho and a few of their albums have not been above 3 stars. This one rates 4 stars for me. Easy to get into and enjoyable. I enjoy it more with headphones, it sounds tighter and mellower.
Mightymike