countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on March 3, 2016
This blade is made of plastic, which will probably snap, bend or warp over time. The size is completely incorrect; it won't scrape the sides of the bowl it advertises for. For me this is a waste of money and I probably won't be using it any longer.
on September 12, 2013
This product exceeded my expectations. I bought it because my mixer is old and for whatever reason the flat beater that came with the machine started hitting one side of the bowl and adjustment didn't help. The Metro Design KA-5L beater blade only needed my machine to be adjusted slightly. It has given my old mixer new life.
on March 8, 2010
This tool has solved the problems I always had with my kitchen aid: when mixing a cake or cookies, the ingredients just got stuck against the walls of the bowl and did not integrate properly. This goes all the way to the edge and insures proper mixing. Absolutely a must for older kitchen Aid mixers. I highly recommend it.
on January 13, 2012
I just purchased the New Metro Design KA-5L Beater Blade for my 5-Quart KitchenAid Lift bowl mixer. I couldn't wait to try it and was very pleased with the performance. I made a double recipe of cookies and never had to stop to scrap the bowl edge with my spatula as I did in the past with the standard metal beater which came with the mixer. I recommend this product
on August 25, 2014
This is my 2nd one as the first one I ordered her broke on the 3rd use. It works well but please be sure your butter, etc is SOFT and that your batter is not too stiff or it will snap at the slot where it hooks to the KitchenAid.

I am thinking the Heavy Duty one (its here on Amazon as bright yellow) may be better suited to my needs.
on January 25, 2014
Edit: I originally rated this beater poorly because although I have a 5L bowl and purchased the 5L beater, it was only scraping the bottom 3" of the bowl and not touching the upper sides. Turns out that I have the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus model which requires a different beater blade - the 6L which is for 6L bowls and the 5 Plus model of KitchenAids. My fault for ordering the wrong one, although I wish it was a little more clear as to which one I needed to buy. I have ordered the correct one and hope to have much better luck with it!
on May 9, 2013
Price was better than any store that carried this item. I absolutely LOVE this attachment! It is ridiculous that the manufacturer does not ship the mixers with this. No more bowl scraping. I was a little concerned about it being made of a nonmetal substance, was not sure that it would hold up to a thicker mix, but so far so good. I will be getting one that fits my smaller mixer as well.
on May 27, 2012
The product arrived on time and works great. It is not metal but plastic so the longevity will be in question but I suspect will not be an issue. The grey that is in the picture along the edge of the beater is a flexible rubber that effectively scrapes the sides and bottom of the bowl. It is a big improvemt over the stock paddle that is shipped with the kitchenaid. I would recommend it without hesitation
on September 25, 2012
You have finally come up with a blade that fits my bowl, but I would have never in the first place bought this blade if I went with the measurement you have given on this.
The true measurement is; 19.2 CM X 14.5CM X3.5CM . Check this out yourselves. The blade does a very good job,but we would not know the durability of this product yet
on September 28, 2013
I thought I would buy this so that I could avoid stopping the mixer to scrape the bowl and that is exactly what this helps with. At first I was sceptical when I got it as it is plastic and I thought it may break (which it may still do as I have only used it a few times). When on a high speed the dough did creep up the sides of the bowl and I had to slow the mixer down so dough didn't fly out. Overall it is okay but eventually I may have to look for a different design.