countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on August 22, 2013
Very nice romantic tale with a nice ending. The story is about a tour guide in Greece, so you also get to see a little of Greece.
We liked this movie.
on April 22, 2017
Ok movie.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 9, 2009
Georgia (Nia Vardalos) is an American living in Greece and working as a tour guide. She hates her job, thinks all tourists are idiots, and is sick of Greece, too. But on her next four-day trip everything will change for the better, thanks to the quirky members of her tour and her moody bus driver.

This movie had so much potential but is really terrible. It's neither funny nor romantic and the dopey cast is always blocking our view of beautiful Greece. The plot is a lackluster rip-off of the very funny If It's Tuesday This Must Be Belgium but lacks its charm and good script. Vardalos' self-deprecating character that was so witty in My Big Fat Greek Wedding is just tedious here, making her transformation at the end ridiculously far-fetched. The tourists have one-dimensional personalities and are uniformly corny and over-the-top. Veteran actor Richard Dreyfuss plays the sterotypical saintly old man who turns Georgia's life around by urging her to find her "spirit." I was fascinated that he looked so much like Eli Wallach but he was such a know-it-all that I couldn't stand him. Rachel Dratch is also extremely grating as a fellow passenger on the Bus of Fools and there's nothing appealing about Alexis Georgoulis who plays the object of Georgia's affection. The plot is so predictable, it's insulting.

Stick with If It's Tuesday for a genuinely funny look at the trials of the guided bus tour. The DVD has no Extras at all. I gave it two stars for the lovely scenery.
on October 27, 2009
I think the person who wrote the other review is living in the past, today is today, look at the movie the way it was meant to be. I loved this movie and thought it to make people feel good, which is something we all need today, there is enough pain and violence. I look at movies like this to take us away from our everyday problems, and that is exactly what this movie did for me. I have a lot of my friends who saw the movie and loved it as well. I thought they covered the beauty of the country really well, and one of my friends told me she was feeling lousy and after seeing the movie, she felt like a different person. I LOVED IT.
on February 15, 2010
My Life in Ruins I found this to be a delightful movie. Have watched it twice already, the second time was as entertaining as the first. A wonderfully entertaining movie, the interaction of the various tourists traveling on the tour buses is both funny and serious. The story line is beautiful. If you have ever been on a tour bus you will relate well to this movie. I highly recommend it for a good evening at home and don't forget to invite some friends as I did, they will enjoy it too.
on January 16, 2012
This is a delightful movie. The first half is a bit annoying in that everything goes wrong for the character that you are meant to identify with, but you can tell that things will turn around for her, you can just feel it. She is adorable and the other actors are well cast. The scenery is excellent. The script is good and the movie comes together nicely at the end making for an overall positive "entertaining" experience.
on December 21, 2014
This is an all around feel good movie. Great scenery in Greece and a wonderful story. A comedy about learning to live rather than just survive. Embracing the past while living in the now.
on January 6, 2014
Funny, romantic, and Poopi's cute too! Love Richard Dreyfuss in this movie. Scenery is of course is beautiful. Have watched the movie several times, always enjoyable.
on April 26, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie. It has a good story and was very comical. Also the scenery was beautiful and made me want to travel there.
on February 22, 2010
I wanted to see "My Life in Ruins" because of the "hunk" that was in the movie. The movie is an ok story, and wasn't as funny as I thought it'd be, but it was fine. I also got the video for free!