countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on November 16, 2010
Works well, have it partitioned to use for my wii backups and to backup my computer files. Havent had any issue yet.Would Recommend this external harddrive.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 26, 2011
It wasn't too long ago that a 500GB drive could cost you up to $300, which is why this kind of rig is a welcome sight.

The drive itself is pretty standard: 1TB housed in a hard plastic casing. Depending on what you're looking for, this drive could be just what you need, or fall short. The drive is a little slow on the write speeds, and even goes into an idle if it's not being accessed. This can cause waits of about 15 - 30 seconds when bringing it out of the hibernation state. Another curious thing about it is it's lack of an off switch. You must use the Windows "Safely Remove Hardware" option in order to turn the drive off.

For me, this drive was a good choice, as I needed maximum space for archiving, not performance. If you need lots of space for storage and aren't too concerned about write and access speeds, this is a good choice. If you're looking for lightning fast read/write speeds then you should look elsewhere, and maybe even consider a solid state drive.
on May 4, 2011
Great item, very quiet, sure makes easy keeping all your data back-up secure. Although not USB 3, I find it's fast enough for most of my need. I loved-it so much that I bought a second one for my second computer. I shoot lots of videos and pictures and I find it perfect for backing up all my stuff.
on December 14, 2010
Plugged and played excellently into Windows 7. The only problem so far has been the slightly loose cord that connects to the device. Can be a wee bit touchy and become unconnected if jostled at all. Backup speed is relatively fast. Super quiet so I don't even notice if it takes a long time.
on May 1, 2011
I bought this disk in order to store backup and some other things. As expected, it's quite fast and work totally silently. No noise.

I like the fact that you let it plugged on the power, and it turns on by itself as soon as the USB is plugged. Well, i had 2 of this model in France, and was really satisfied with it. So, since i'm now in Canada, i bought the same piece of hard, provided with US/CA power plug.

I use it as a crypted drive with GNU/Linux "cryptsetup". The USB cord is long enough to run all over my desktop, so as i can plug it on any of my laptops.

Total satisfaction.
on May 16, 2011
Great product, just a blank hard drive with 1TB space. No need to install software, just plug it in and transfer files.
on September 7, 2011
I was using this product primarily as a media storage device to attach to my WDTV, so my review is based on this functionality. When I received the product, I'm not sure how, but it was formatted to have 1.5 TB of storage space, even though it is a 1TB hard drive. Although Windows recognized the drive and allowed me to store information on it, WDTV did not recognize the drive, requiring me to reformat it. However, when trying to reformat the drive, Windows would perpetually stop working half way through the reformat citing some error. In the end, I had to delete the main, then create a new volume on the drive, then reformat it. This process took close to a day to finish. After reformatting, the drive showed 1 TB of space, which is what it should have shown initially. At this point, it is recognized by WDTV, and I have no problems with it. I'm actually glad I bought the drive as it is very silent, and powers on when needed, if only the initial set up wasn't so problematic, I would have given it 5 stars.
on April 17, 2011
The product works very well for the price. Saved my photos and music from my laptop with no issues. My only minor complaint is the size of the product as I have seen others with same hard drive size that are much more smaller in size. Overall well worth the buy.
on May 9, 2011
Je l'ai acheter il y a 2 mois pour brancher sur ma Wii version 4.3U et il est parfait il fonctionne très bien.
on January 14, 2011
Rien de particulier à dire, sinon que tout fonctionne sans problème. Le disque est silencieux. À 90$ pour 1TB, ça me semble un excellent achat.
Utilisé sous linux (debian sqeeze).

See 1 answered question