countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty Pets Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on January 16, 2013
1. Eccentric shape of glass jar makes for easier emptying.
2. Locking mechanism of jar to base is greatly improved - simpler, sturdier, easy on, easy off.
3. Base gasket easier to install/remove.
4. Easy wash [I prefer by hand].
5. Stable
6. Noisy, but that's expected,
7. Blends well even though blades aren't sharp; a safety feature
8. Better than 2 other brands which preceded it and better than the older KitchenAid
on November 10, 2012
So far I am fairly satisfied with this blender. The motor is extremely powerful, and it does a great job on soups, smoothies, anything liquid.
I would have given this item 5 stars, if not for the fact that the ice crushing mode turned out very scary. The first time I used it for this, I put in about 5 cubes directly from my freezer and used the "crush ice" setting. The pulsing movement seemed to be working fine, but, on about the 4th pulse a big chunk of glass blew out of the side of the jar. Some glass stayed inside the jar, and got shredded on the next pulse, before I could shut it off, damaging the blades. I called KitchenAid Canada and told the rep what had happened, and they replaced the jar and the base; the parts arrived in about a week, and I did not have to send back the damaged parts as proof of loss. This is customer service as it should be!
In short, great blender, fantastic customer service, wear safety goggles if crushing ice!
on January 3, 2014
We've been using this to make smoothies and the power is awesome! The ice crushing mode works perfect, although I always cringe expecting the glass container to shatter when it starts throwing the cubes around. One of the reasons we chose this over other brands was the fact the container is actual glass and not cheap plastic but I did see one review claiming the glass shattered while crushing ice.

The only negative is the noise it makes and the smell of what I would describe as over-heated oil if you run it for more than a few seconds. I though this would go away in time but so far it hasn't. Otherwise this is a great machine and has the power to liquefy pretty much anything you feel like putting in there!
on March 5, 2011
Bought this blender based on the reviews I read on this and other sites. It landed here at $149 with all taxes and shipping in. It blends fine, seems powerful enough and is fairly quite. We use it daily for smoothies and it will crush ice and frozen fruit without a problem. It cleans easily and over all seems like a decent machine. Time will tell on how durable it is but the construction looks solid. Wanted the stainless color but it cost more and did not seem worth the extra.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 13, 2012
In the past 6 months I've purchased both kitchenaid's artisan blender and their matching stand mixer. For years, when I'd go to replace our large mixer, I always wanted the kitchenaid brand but thought it was unnecessarily more expensive. I was wrong. Kitchenaid is well worth the extra money for any product they produce. I've never been so satisfied with a kitchen essential before. The blender is so easy to use, clean and set up. I don't have t o search for the right position of the canister on top of the motor, it just "goes on" correctly every time. It crushes frozen fruit expertly, no matter how full it is and it whips those smoothies into the frothiest drinks I've ever had. Holy cow, I wish I'd skipped all the other brands years ago and shelled out the extra money for kitchenaid. I couldn't be happier.
on March 3, 2013
I bought this blender for its ice crushing capabilities and it works well. Does a good job on protein shakes and soups too. I like the fact that it starts slow and then speeds up. My only critism is that it tens to walk when crushing ice so hang on!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 3, 2013
I had read reviews saying that this machine wasn't working to make super smooth smoothies for people. Wrong, it makes great smoothies. The trick is to use the pulse function or the ice crusher function to really blend everything to perfection. I get a perfect smoothie everytime now in spite of starting with all frozen fruit. Otherwise, that machine is a spiffy addition to my kitchen. I love having small appliances that aren't too ugly to leave on the countertop.
on January 30, 2013
Overall the blender is fine...does its job. The mechanism to take apart the base and remove blade to wash though is a bit tricky and a source of frustration. It seems to be made a bit flimsily (if that's a word?!) and seems like it's liable to break after a bit of use. We much prefer the Cuisinart we had for so many years however its glass pitcher that broke was no longer being manufactured.
on June 10, 2013
My wife's primary criteria for replacing our existing Oster blender was it had to be better at crushing ice. I bought the KSB565 on the basis of positive reviews on its ice crushing. It lived up to its billing. Sometimes it has a little trouble getting the cubes into the blades, and you have to add more liquid. But in general we've been very pleased with its ability to make smoothies, daiquiris, etc. Have not tested it extensively with other blending tasks. Time will tell if my decision to get the smaller glass pitcher was wise. (I was worried about microabrasions in the plastic one.)
on June 4, 2013
I've been using this blender daily for the last couple weeks for breakfast smoothies and it has been great. Does a great job of blending whatever fruits and vegetables I've been throwing in there. It leaves minimal to no lumps in the finished smoothie making for an easy drinking breakfast replacement.