countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

on January 16, 2013
1. Eccentric shape of glass jar makes for easier emptying.
2. Locking mechanism of jar to base is greatly improved - simpler, sturdier, easy on, easy off.
3. Base gasket easier to install/remove.
4. Easy wash [I prefer by hand].
5. Stable
6. Noisy, but that's expected,
7. Blends well even though blades aren't sharp; a safety feature
8. Better than 2 other brands which preceded it and better than the older KitchenAid
on September 6, 2015
This blender is great... when it works. The first one I had, the blades came loose from the coupler assembly and leaked all over the place. Kitchenaid sent me a replacement jar, and the jar wouldn't fit properly in the coupler and wobbled really bad, making it leak all over the place. I'm going on Monday to pick up the second replacement jar they've sent me, and I'll update my review accordingly. Not really a fan. Get a Ninja or something.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 10, 2012
So far I am fairly satisfied with this blender. The motor is extremely powerful, and it does a great job on soups, smoothies, anything liquid.
I would have given this item 5 stars, if not for the fact that the ice crushing mode turned out very scary. The first time I used it for this, I put in about 5 cubes directly from my freezer and used the "crush ice" setting. The pulsing movement seemed to be working fine, but, on about the 4th pulse a big chunk of glass blew out of the side of the jar. Some glass stayed inside the jar, and got shredded on the next pulse, before I could shut it off, damaging the blades. I called KitchenAid Canada and told the rep what had happened, and they replaced the jar and the base; the parts arrived in about a week, and I did not have to send back the damaged parts as proof of loss. This is customer service as it should be!
In short, great blender, fantastic customer service, wear safety goggles if crushing ice!
on January 3, 2014
We've been using this to make smoothies and the power is awesome! The ice crushing mode works perfect, although I always cringe expecting the glass container to shatter when it starts throwing the cubes around. One of the reasons we chose this over other brands was the fact the container is actual glass and not cheap plastic but I did see one review claiming the glass shattered while crushing ice.

The only negative is the noise it makes and the smell of what I would describe as over-heated oil if you run it for more than a few seconds. I though this would go away in time but so far it hasn't. Otherwise this is a great machine and has the power to liquefy pretty much anything you feel like putting in there!
on March 16, 2015
Love my blender! Didn't need to buy a vitamix! Love the glass jar and it is sturdy! I had it for a few year and use it many times per week. And i once broke my glass jar but could buy one online for about 20$ shipping included, and everything is fine! I recommend it!
on September 29, 2014
Small problems since Day 1 with leaking. Replaced blending section and o-ring, leaking reduced to only occasionally. Lately the smell of electric wiring under stress in the motor became apparent. Today parts became separated in the base blending section. I use it daily, but it should not have been this unreliable and have failed after a year and a half.
on July 22, 2015
The only point that attracted me in the first place was it's glass jar (as opposed to plastic ones).

It is just bad design. The first time I used the ice crasher, it sliced the sealer rubber ring in pieces! So, I cannot use it anymore. Without the sealer ring, it cannot hold liquid.

The few times that it worked, it was very difficult to clean it. It gets very messy in places that it cannot be rinsed properly unless it is disassembled fully which is inconvenient to do _every single time_.

All in all, I would not recommend this item. Better look for more practical alternatives.
on April 3, 2014
I knew what I was buying. But too bad the price increases and reduces time by time. You have to watch as the prices start to change. Normally around the Christmas/New Years time amazon has some great deals. But I bought it at a high price. anyhow the product is amazing and the shakes are smooth. love it.
on March 3, 2013
I bought this blender for its ice crushing capabilities and it works well. Does a good job on protein shakes and soups too. I like the fact that it starts slow and then speeds up. My only critism is that it tens to walk when crushing ice so hang on!
on March 5, 2011
Bought this blender based on the reviews I read on this and other sites. It landed here at $149 with all taxes and shipping in. It blends fine, seems powerful enough and is fairly quite. We use it daily for smoothies and it will crush ice and frozen fruit without a problem. It cleans easily and over all seems like a decent machine. Time will tell on how durable it is but the construction looks solid. Wanted the stainless color but it cost more and did not seem worth the extra.