countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Colour: White with stainless steel shaft|Change

on November 6, 2014
Yes, I know that statistically this is one of the most popular hand blenders in history, but I think that is because of the low price and the fact that is also one of the ONLY models readily available. I have had three and here is the painful truth: CUISINART built their entire line of hand blenders around a defective design. The weak point is the fact that not only are the gears (the heart) 100% plastic but they are located at the point in the unit where it comes apart for cleaning adding extra flex and stress to already bad design. Assuming the motor bearings are OK out of the box (and I had a new unit where this was not true) if you use this daily (smoothies for eg) it will last less than a year before the plastic gears fail. On the other hand if you use it rarely, it could last a lifetime. Yours. Not its.
on October 10, 2010
The Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender is fantastic and I am so glad I purchased it. I find it efficient and easy to clean and have used it to make smoothies (keep the fruit pieces small), puree soup, and cream peanut butter. My sister-in-law makes a to die for Chocolate Dream Pie which requires the blending of peanut butter and tofu. She couldn't find anything in my kitchen that produced the creamy filling needed for this pie, so as I love this pie, I started looking for something that would do the job. The answer, the Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender. Perfect results everytime.
on September 25, 2016
Since I had a Cuisinart in the past, I bought this for my mom, knowing that it would be OK for what she wants to use it for. Once in a while she needs an immersion blender for making soups. For that purpose, this hand blender is just fine. It's not very powerful but if you need something to mix your smoothies (without ice), or blend your cooked veggies for making soups, then it does a proper job without a doubt. Furthermore it has a decent price for quality. I would never buy again a plastic shaft that ends up cracking, the stainless shaft is much better.

On the other hand, if you, like myself use your hand blender a lot, and don't mind spending more for a professional/heavy duty item, then I recommend the Braun 400W Turbo hand blender. I've used mine for over 12 years and it still works like new.

It all depends on your budget and what you need it for. Overall, the Cuisinart CSB-75C is a great tool for the average usage. If you use it without blending hard food or ice, it will last you a long time.

Hoping this is helpful.
on November 11, 2016
I bought this mixer for making soap & I just love it. There are only 2 speed settings but even on high this doesn't form bubbles in my cold process soap. I have used expensive $500 mixers and this one so far is holding out better (which i saying a lot since I makes about 2000 bars of soap a year). It also came with a good warranty & was a great price.
on May 25, 2013
I had the exact same problem as Cher, who commented below. Our motor suddenly ran out and we only used our blender for very simple jobs. When it worked it was a perfect blender, but it's too bad it died. No point in returning it to Cuisinart, as the price for shipping combined both ways would be more than we paid for the blender in total (on sale). Oh well. Look elsewhere...
on December 27, 2011
When the motor burned out, it was still on warranty. BUT I would have had to ship it to Ontario for a minimum of $15, and include a cheque for $10 to cover return postage. At $25 to maybe receive a replacement, I've decided to buy a new one. Probably won't buy a Cuisinart again.
on November 26, 2014
I ordered this cos the picture shows it with a chopping bowl / attachment & a slicing / grading attachment too,,, It does not come with all seen in the picture, talk about misrepresenting a product & misleading the public / customers ,, however the blade looks better then the other blender I bought
on February 3, 2011
I purchased this hand blender to puree hot soups on the stove and it works great. The blades are large and chop the ingredients very well.
on April 13, 2011
I dont often write reviews on the items I purchase but i wanted to say that this was excellent. I bought it for making soups and protein shakes and it is excellent. As other reviews have commented there is great power, it is super easy to use and clean and is really just a very good product at the right price.
on May 20, 2014
I use frozen strawberries to make smoothies and one of the strawberries made the blade get stuck. After I removed the berry, the blade wouldn't turn. It's now taking up space in my cupboard. Unfortunately, I bought it on final sale and can't get my money back. Complete waste. I'm sticking with my normal sized blender.