countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 6, 2010
I was waiting for this release all year, and the fact that it's on vinyl just put it over the top! I am glad they used extra thick vinyl instead of the flexi disc method. This will ensure that it will last through numerous plays! The sound on the LP is well mastered with a warmth that is usually lacking in today's productions due to too much compression. If you like this band, and have a turntable, then I highly recommend you pick this up while you can!
on January 7, 2010
To me, 2009 was a great year for music. With the new albums by Muse and Wolfmother, I thought that the year just couldn't get any better. Then I heard about Them Crooked Vultures and being a fan of Josh Homme's vocals/guitar and Dave Grohl's drumming I knew I had to check this out.

I wasn't too surprised by the album, but that was because I had ridiculously high expectations. This album is absolutely phenomenal. I listened through it several times on a daily basis and I have yet to get sick of any of the tracks save for Mind Eraser (No Chaser) which I overlistened to in anticipation of this album's release.

Overall, the instrumentation was great and it was a fantastic album overall. The only thing that annoys me is that I'm pretty sure these guys won't return for a second album.
on January 12, 2010
very good debut,has some sounds of times and bands from the past,zep,doors,beatles,cream.not a total ripoff but has distinct riffage from these classic bands,which works very well.probrably will be one of the best cd`s of the year,the only thing is that they will need to change it up next cd or run the risk of being unoriginal.
on November 25, 2010
First time I played it I didn't like it
Second time, I liked it somewhat
Now I love it!! Can't get enough!
on March 7, 2010
Them Crooked Vultures By: Them Crooked Vultures
this is one of the best albums of 2009.a cross between queens of the stone Age and led zep. more queen of the stone Age influences here but that is ok, since their one of my favorite bands. I admit they have gone back to their roots. great guitars, cool bass lines and excellent drumming. This is a must buy album. on another point r. I. p. jacksoul, fought bravely but passed recently from lung cancer. Heart felt sorrow goes out to his family and friends.
on May 4, 2016
Perfect. Great in every way
on April 2, 2010
I would highly recommend this CD to any fans of Led Zeppelin, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age sound.
The influence of John Paul Jones is immediately apparent and the incredible bass and drum cohesion is wonderful to hear.
Josh Homme's riffing is superb and very unique.
The singing and song writing is top rate through out.
Scumbag Blues is a particlar standout but all the songs are good.
Great CD and hopefully there will be more to come.
on December 18, 2009
A long time fan of Queens, Foo's, and Zeppelin I had to check this out. Amazing. #5 Elephants, thats the track....Driving Guitar, Slick lyrics, Solid delivery....Very impressed...
on December 18, 2009
I am a fan of Dave grohls drumming, queens of the stone age, and an even bigger fan of Led Zeppelin. Having a band that offers music blended from all three of these artist's is simply amazing!