countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports tools Registry

on November 5, 2013
This cordless saw replaced a Mastercraft cordless saw we had purchased 10 years ago from Canadian Tire. When the batteries failed in that saw, we tried to purchase new batteries but they were no longer manufactured and we would have had to purchase a new brand new saw. When the saw itself was perfectly good, this goes against my environmental/recycling philosophy. Checked on line and this saw was available from Amazon.ca at an incredible price, even less expensive than Amazon.com in the States. DeWalt batteries fit all their products as we have several and they are interchangeable and when different models are introduced, older batteries will still fit, enabling the product to be used until the product itself is kaput rather than the batteries. DeWalt builds quality and have never had a problem with them. Athough they can be more expensive if not purchased on sale or as "specials" they are definitely worth the extra outlay. Very satisfied with this product. Would buy again but probably will not have to for a very, very long time.
on April 14, 2013
I researched a bit before buying this. Most complaints seem to be the saw isn't tough enough or the battery doesn't last. I have no problems with either. You have to let the saw cut for you and not force it. And battery life is surprisingly efficient. Of course this doesn't replace a corded saw. But I've had zero issues cutting chip board, plywood, 2x3, 2x4 even cement board. Great tool. I picked up two xrp batteries for 90 bucks after so I wasn't sharing batteries with my drill. Very satisfied.
on May 3, 2016
Heavy and drains batteries in a matter of minutes. Thought it would be a better idea to buy a cordless. By the time I ran inside up and down stairs swapping batteries 2-3 times making one 4 x 6 gate I was exhausted and regretting my purchase
on March 10, 2015
I finally broke down and bought this saw. I'm glad I did as a bunch of home projects came my way. Great saw! Easy to use as it is light and yet powerful and lasts a good long while on the XRP battery pack.
on November 22, 2014
Powerful on 18 volts, so it drains the battery fast. But like the jigsaw, I prefere a strong tool over a weaker one that would be less hungry on energy. Gives you a feeling of sturdiness. Recommended.
on August 14, 2013
THIS TOOL IS VERY USEFUL. I'VE USED IT FOR CUTTING UP OLD 2X4'S FOR FIREWOOD. I MADE ATLEAST 50 CUTS AND THE BATTERY STILL HAD LIFE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS ALL THE TIME BUT IT WAS MORE CONVENIENT THAN AN ELECTRIC ONE. THE MOTOR IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO HANDLE MOST JOBS AND THE TOOL ITSELF HAS A GOOD WEIGHT AND EASY TO USE. VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE AND IT WAS ATLEAST $25 CHEAPER THAN LOCAL HARDWARE STORE "SALE PRICE".
on January 23, 2015
Purchased to make cuts in 2x4s in an area where I would have a hard time running a corded tool and it does the trick. It takes some time compared to a corded tool but I never felt like i was lacking the proper tool for the job. It will spend most of it's life cutting sheet goods which it does very well. The on board storage for the hex key for changing the blades is a nice touch.
on December 30, 2013
Here's another great tool from Dewalt, Just what I needed a circular saw. Unfortunately I haven't used it yet.
I guess because it's winter here I'll just have to wait for spring/summer/fall to use it. Thank You Amazon
on February 3, 2013
Great saw, great brand name I have a number of De-WALT tools as a professional carpenter for the last 30 plus years I have come to rely on power tools to help get any job done. I give this saw the full test and It as not let me down yet.
on August 25, 2016
Used this tool to help build a 16x16 floating deck in the backyard and it worked really. Got it on sale for $99 and couldn't be more please with how it performed. It was nicely weighted and very well balanced when using it. I've used a few different brands in the past (corded) but this circular saw was so easy to use. The battery lasts longer than expected with all the cutting i was doing but these are just my first impressions. At the end of the day, i think it was a great purchase.