countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on June 6, 2014
The Logitech LX8 had been my all time favorite mouse both functionally and, especially, ergonomically. However, after being dropped a few times, it finally gave up the ghost. I checked around for another full size Logitech mouse , but it seems that with with the growing popularity of laptops, mice are getting much smaller, and I personally found them uncomfortable after extended use. Then I ran across the M510. It's almost exactly the same size and shape as the LX8 (I couldn't tell the difference) and the performance, so far, has been excellent. Two words of advice....for some bizarre reason the mouse doesn't come with software (the instructions say it's "optional"), and I found the default settings to be really wonky and skittish. However, you can download the SetPoint software from Logitech and adjust all the settings exactly to your liking. I did, and now it performs beautifully. Second, after using it for a while, I found that the mouse benefits from one of those plain, black mouse pads, one that gives it just a bit of traction since the pointer can be a bit skittish/unpredictable on shiny, smooth or light colored surfaces. Others have remarked on/complained about this trait as well. I found this with the LX8 also.
on August 11, 2014
I purchased this mouse as my previous M510 was displaying erratic behaviour (mostly during scrolling). I use Win7 and Firefox.

The mouse pointer would not start moving until at least 3 clicks of the scroll-wheel and then continue moving after I stopped rolling the wheel.

After a couple of days of checking out the forums and Logitech help/FAQs and taking the old mouse apart to clean it out, I decided to just buy a new one. Wouldn't you know it? It behaved in the same way. I delved deeper into into the depths of the internet and stumbled upon an answer to someone else's question that related to "delayed scrolling with Logitech Mice". The answer to my problem was to disable the Setpoint Extension in FIrefox.

Both mice now perform as expected. The reason for just 4 stars is that Logitech support refuses to accept this solution and wants me to repeat all of the steps I previously employed trying to track down the problem.
on December 6, 2014
I found it difficult to find a quality 5+ buttons mouse at a decent price. After a couple of months in my cart, it was offered with a rebate. That's what I was waiting for. The software is the bigger part of this mouse.

Customizable buttons... and even customizable to a specific application.

For example let say you like to play solitaire, you can assign one of the side buttons to do "control-z" UNDO
and in your favorite Internet browser make it a BACK command
or "space bar" PAUSE in Netflix etc.
on July 27, 2016
Very good mouse, I was looking for one similar to the M310 with side buttons and this fits the bill. It's a little big for my small hands, but I've gotten used to it. I may need to get a wired keyboard however, because I've been having issues with my wireless keyboard ever since I got this wireless mouse.
on July 21, 2016
It is the brand new M510 in retail package. Please see pictures. The batteries are in the mouse. You can use it directly after you pull out the insulation strip. Good price(CND$30 included tax & free shipping). Fast delivery.
review image review image review image
on August 26, 2014
Programmable 5 button pretty much ambidextrous mouse.
I'm left handed although I sometimes use the mouse right handed. I also like being able to assign keystrokes to mouse buttons and I like 5 buttons.

So for years I've been using logitech LX7 and LX8 mice. But the only place to get them these days is on ebay. But the real problem has been with getting the receivers.

So I finally bit the bullet and got a M510. I don't like it as much as two of the buttons are on the right side instead of on the top as LX7 and LX8, but otherwise it is as good or better and used the tiny universal receiver and the same logitech setpoint software for windows.

Highly recommended.
on June 27, 2014
This mouse is pretty awesome. The back and forth buttons on the side are nifty for clicking forward and back while browsing the internet. It's advertised as a mouse for both lefties and righties, but the buttons are on the right so I don't see how a lefty could use i without a thumb beside their pinky. It works wonderfully for my purposes though.
on April 25, 2016
I was worried about the precision because some reviews mentioned it. But if you're using it for general browsing on your laptop, works great! I like how it goes on standby when I'm not using it because I forget to turn it off.
on February 8, 2012
I had bought another logitech wireless mouse for my laptop in 2010 and it worked fantastic. I wanted to get another one for my desktop but they weren't making that one anymore so I got the M510, and it works just a good. I have not had any issues with it yet. I know on some of these there are problems with getting "traction" on all surfaces and I'm sure this is one is no different, but then again you should be able to expect that from these things, nothing is going to be perfect on any surface!

I highly recommend this mouse!
on November 22, 2015
I have long been dependent on the forward/back buttons on the side of a mouse. Ive been needing a new mouse since my last mouse I purchased off amazon was starting to fail (only a few months in) because it would randomly double click when clicking on the single click left button. I was so happy I spent a little more this time ($40, on sale from $50) for this mouse. Has the forward/back buttons that I can't live without.

The side scrolling feature of the click wheel has changed my minimum requirements of a mouse. I work in excel a lot and this function is so dramatically useful when working with large excel sheets that frequently go beyond the sides of the screen.

I find the mouse is very comfortable, I prefer mid to large sized mice, this one would fall in the mid sized range, so most peoples' hands would likely find it comfortable. It also has a nice rubbery grip on the sides. Also (although I myself am not left handed) I imagine it would be an appropriate mouse for lefty's bc of its symmetrical design but I dont know how the forward/back buttons would work for that.

I'm looking forward to see if the mouse lasts the projected 2 year battery life.