countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on February 1, 2016
Quality seems OK, so far. The listing says Electrohome, but we got a Magnasonic box/product. The one we got looks identical to what's pictured. I've never had much luck/faith in either brand, but time will tell. I took a chance and purchased an open box at $10 less than new. The focus knob is of cheap quality, but you can eventually get it focused. I love the fact that you can choose to turn off the screen's backlight. The red light displayed on our ceiling is not at all bothersome while sleeping. You cannot read the time during the day, but that's to be expected. The clock's built-in thermometer seems accurate; it matches the other thermometer we have in the room to the nearest degree.
on January 21, 2015
I previously had a projection clock I got from Costco but the plug got bent so this was the replacement. I think its great. Before I could read the time off my ceiling at night I thought this was a stupid and unnecessary gimmick... now I can't imagine not having a bedroom clock that does this, so great. It has two alarms that can be buzzer or radio (each can be different or the same, but always the same radio station). I am personally guaranteeing you - 100% the screen shuts off at night if you leave it alone for a few seconds. The projected readout works as expected and can be easily read on the ceiling, although I have good vision so I'm not really the best to say if you don't. All in all it does what I want it to do and is great.

I reduced a star as the previous unit I had could tell me the OUTSIDE temperature via a wireless device I set outside that had a AA Battery in it.... this one only does inside temp... I have a thermostat for that... which I set... no idea why you would ever need to know the inside temperature from this unit. "Oh hey its exactly what I set my thermostat to..." go figure...
on December 22, 2014
So far, this clock is great. You can turn both the projection and the backlight for the main clock off.

I am nearsighted, I start to lose focus about a half a foot from my face and I can see the projected numbers on the ceiling without glasses, although I do have to squint a bit.

The alarm self set feature did not work for me out of the box, as the little battery that keeps time went dead, after contacting support via email they let me know and I swapped it with a good battery and all is good.

The only suggestion I can think of that would make this alarm even better would be a gradual buzzer alarm - i.e. starting out quietly and slowly increasing volume until it's at its maximum.
on May 16, 2014
I like the projection feature, and the sound is certainly an improvement over our 20 year old clock radio.

Looking from across the room, the numbers on the screen could have been a little more prominent with less background lighting. The instructions are somewhat sparse, and lacking some key information. I set the alarm for the first time but wasn't sure if I had completed all of the required steps. Example: Did I need to enter the day of the week along with the time? As it turns out I didn't need to do that, but I did wake up frequently to check the time because of the uncertainty of knowing if the alarm would work. Yes, it did.

Bottom line, it's a reasonably priced well performing product. The dual alarm capability is a nice feature. No, it doesn't have the sound quality of 5.1 stereo. I don't expect many, if any, clock radios do, but it does the job it's supposed to do.
on February 27, 2014
Sets time by itself, nothing wrong with that. I really like that you can have alarms that only go off during weekdays and not on the weekend.
The display is really bright though! So I leave it in "auto" mode, so the display turns on only when you are interacting with it, or when the alarm goes. The projection stays on all the time, contrary to what another reviewer wrote. The projected image is fine for me, but I don't wear glasses.

My wife is a little blind, and without her glasses on, she can't read the numbers projected on the ceiling.
So I was a little disappointed by that.
I wish you could do things like ZOOM or ROTATE the projected numbers, and not just do a vertical flip, since some people can't see as well as others when they're in bed and not wearing glasses.

I wish I could find a clock that does all that this one does, but also has an SD card slot so one could wake up to a playlist of MP3s. That one would be the perfect clock-radio for me. But until I find one, I guess this is the next best thing.
on January 25, 2016
Setup takes 15 minutes; another 10 minutes to change time and test radio.

Bought two, for mom and sister; they wake up early. Set alarm A as buzzer; set alarm B as radio, 5 minutes ahead. So she wakes up to music (minimal volume is gentle on a sleepy person), then definitely wakes up to the buzzer.

Clear radio reception requires a nearby window with a metal frame.
on October 24, 2014
Works great, a bit complicated to set up (I had to read the instructions...imagine that! LOL!), the LED lighting on the clock is a bit bright for my liking but there is likely a way to turn this down a notch...back to the instructions I go. Love the time projection on the ceiling (or wherever you want it). Nice size too, not bit and bulky but not overly tiny either. Overall a good buy.
on August 12, 2015
I received this clock 2 days ago. After some degree of confusion with the instruction manual, this clock worked pretty much as advertised. But, after a few hours, it started to do some strange things. The projector switched from time to temperature all on its own then kept rotating the display by 180°. I switched it back and it did it again a few hours late. At another time that night, the alarm went off even though no alarms were set. I shut it off and it did it again 3 hours later, then I couldn't stop it, so I pulled the plug. After some thought during the night, I decided that there might be a problem with the backup battery, that being the most vulnerable part. So, I replaced the battery and all the problems were solved. CAUTION ... if you change the backup battery, BE SURE TO KEEP THE CLOCK PLUGGED INTO THE WALL while you do it. Otherwise, the clock will lose most of its brains ... all settings will be gone and none of the buttons will work. If this happens, unplug it, remove the battery, then plug it back in without the battery. Then just put the battery back in and all should be fine. You will, however, have to set the time, date and DST zone. These are set at the factory and, in my case, that was in January 2015 and I bought it in August so the backup battery was in use all that time. I guess that's why it was almost dead. That factory setting is what Electrohome refers to as the "SelfSet Technology" !?!? It will only reset the settings if the power goes out and the battery keeps your previous settings.
Some of the instructions are not the easiest to follow since most of the buttons have multiple functions.
Contrary to some earlier posts, this unit does have a "high","low", and "off " setting on the display, and the off setting does not turn off the projector. I think others may have confused this with the EAAC600 unit. Even the low setting is pretty bright in a dark room, though.
I found the FM reception to be fine for a clock radio as long as the antenna is stretched out and away from the power cord.
This is about it for my experience over 2 days of ownership. Very Satisified now.
on March 12, 2015
The clock is just what I expected. The projection is great. The dimmer has three settings but the lowest setting is still too bright for sleeping. So I just turn it off and use the projection. You just have to tap the snooze button to change the dimmer settings. The clock is easy to read and the radio works just fine for a smaller unit. The setting of the alarm and time are easy and straight forward. I live in Canada (Orillia, ON) and the automatic time set did not work. The clock also has automatic DST which is a great feature. So far so good.
on August 4, 2016
I really like this product...love the adjustable LED projector!!! which was the main reason for the purchase ..our alarm is on the night stand on my husbands side of the bed, so previously if I wanted to know what time it was I would have to sit up in bed and stretch over to see the time. Now I just look up. We have it set back slightly so I look up and over to see the time, that way it is not in my face every time I open my eyes. Alarm is always set which is nice, we have it set to Mon-Fri and off on Sat & Sun. It has an aux port if you want something other than the buzzer or radio. Also gives room temp. It has 3 different dimmer settings (bright, low, and so dim it looks off).
Reason why it is a 4 and not a five is the button locations. I think the snooze on/off, etc should be illuminated on the front panel instead off on top where in the dark cannot be seen, and the up down arrows, etc should be on top as they are not used as often. Maybe someone from the manufacturer will read this review and realize, yah that makes a lot more sense!