Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on March 22, 2013
After reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews for this monitor all over the internet, I decided to purchase it as a replacement for my ancient 17" LCD. After using it for a while, I have to say that overall I am disappointed with my purchase.

Pros:
- Stable base and solid construction.
- Sharp picture.
- Lots of options in the built in menu.
- Detected without any problems under Windows and Linux.

Cons:
- Default picture settings aren't optimal.
- Blue power button is a bit distracting (but it can be turned off in the settings).

MAJOR Con:
- Backlight bleeding! There is a haze on all four edges from the LED backlight. Turning down the brightness helped slightly, but it's still noticeable at all times, even when a fairly bright image is on screen. When viewing anything dark on screen the bleeding is downright distracting. Maybe I got unlucky, but I can't believe that I'm the only one having this issue.

This monitor would be perfect if it weren't for the terrible backlight bleeding.
on May 16, 2016
Awesome monitor (I have dual setup). Built-in speakers are convenient and comparable to inexpensive PC speakers. I would recommend this monitor to anyone.
on December 29, 2012
I gave it the rating because I am very pleased with the quality of the monitor and also the price I paid.
I was very pleased with the free shipping which sealed the deal to buy the product.
on April 5, 2014
Bought this for my wife's computer (Dell3100) practically plug and play. However the Dell 3100 video card does not support the native screen resolution size but using the largest proportional size worked and gives a sharp picture.
on July 27, 2012
Received the Monitor in record time. Easy to set up and great color and nice viewing area. Had a 19" Monitor prior to this and what a difference. It does everything I want it to and I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a monitor for everyday use.
on June 10, 2013
It's a very good monitor. This is the first time I use an HDMI monitor and I like it except the volume of built-in speaker is toooo low.
on February 21, 2013
This screen is wide enought and very bright. I had to lower the brightness to the minimum. It was a good purchase!
on December 2, 2010
Only had one issue with this monitor which is when I connected it initially using DVI cable to a Macbook Pro (with a minidisplay port to dvi adapter) I got these weird flickering pixels in random locations across the screen. Very disturbing. Fortunately I had also a VGA to minidisplay port adapter and used the VGA cable instead; no more flickering pixels. But I wanted to go back to DVI! So I tried it again, using first the "memory reset" feature on the monitor to return to factory defaults. The flickering pixels were gone. It's good now. And one of the nicest features, besides great colour and depth, is that with the auto shut off, when my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor shuts off, saving power. I can now edit with Final Cut by moving my Viewer and Canvas windows, and the timeline, to the large monitor, and expand the list of shots on the laptop. I love it!
6 people found this helpful
on October 10, 2015
Once you buy this monitor, forget about playing shooters. The blur will make you rage. If they haven't fixed this by now in their newer models, they deserve to go bankrupt.

Should have just made slimmer CRTs in the first place.
on January 13, 2011
I purchased this monitor in replacement of my dead samsung 22in. Resolution, sharpness and color are really good.

My only complaint is the black level is relatively poor and the stand isn't adjustable in heigth.

Otherwise, good product for the price (I paid 189$)
5 people found this helpful