Top critical review
on March 22, 2013
After reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews for this monitor all over the internet, I decided to purchase it as a replacement for my ancient 17" LCD. After using it for a while, I have to say that overall I am disappointed with my purchase.
- Stable base and solid construction.
- Sharp picture.
- Lots of options in the built in menu.
- Detected without any problems under Windows and Linux.
- Default picture settings aren't optimal.
- Blue power button is a bit distracting (but it can be turned off in the settings).
- Backlight bleeding! There is a haze on all four edges from the LED backlight. Turning down the brightness helped slightly, but it's still noticeable at all times, even when a fairly bright image is on screen. When viewing anything dark on screen the bleeding is downright distracting. Maybe I got unlucky, but I can't believe that I'm the only one having this issue.
This monitor would be perfect if it weren't for the terrible backlight bleeding.