Echo Dot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on July 1, 2016
Perhaps, the most powerful series on TV. Power, love, hate, envy and fear with dire consequences for the masses. Power corrupts. Virtue is overthrown by treachery.

Tremendous production value in terms of imagination, locations, costumes and the quality of the acting. This is as good as it gets.

In Season I, the directorial quality is high though the dialogue could have been better. The narrative often slows down as characters explain their back stories.

We get to see the young Stark children before the blood flows. Shallow Sansa, inquisitive Bran and spirited Arya. Poor Jon Snow is the underdog.

By the sixth season, these Stark characters have come far. Sansa gets her revenge by using Ramsay's dogs to rip him apart. Arya gloats as she slaughters the Freys. The reluctant Jon Snow is proclaimed King of the North.

In addition, The Hound finally gets a chance at redemption as he finds himself in the company of decent men. We might wonder whether Littlefinger will get his just deserts, or redeem himself in the final season.

After the bloodshed, the game has been vastly simplified for the final season. The Tulleys and Tyrells have been eliminated. Similarly, the villainous Boltons and Freys are gone.

Jon Snow rallies the united North to repel the Night King. Cesei crowns herself, but the Lannisters stand along. Every House is against them. The virtuous Daenerys Targaryen crosses the Narrow Seas with her armies, fleets and dragons. Can she find happiness
on May 27, 2016
J'ai adoré écouter cette première saison sur Super Écran, mais j'avais envie de redécouvrir cette série dans sa langue originale (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1). Le son est super, la qualité d'image est optimal. Le coffret dispose de plusieurs langues dont le français ainsi que des sous-titre. Une excellente série que je conseil à tous!
on May 29, 2013
I have read and enjoyed all of Martin's installments in his epic fantasy series. This is a surprisingly well-done translation of his first book to screen. When I heard that Game of Thrones was coming to TV I had to watch, though at the time I thought it would be the equivalent of disaster. I always hate translations of my favourite books to the screen. They are always flat, butchered representations of themselves. In this case, I was wrong.

Game of Thrones season 1 is surprisingly faithful to book one. The actor choices made sense (to my mind's picture of the characters at least), the emotions are raw and beautiful... The director and cast has done a fabulous job with this "re-telling".

One difference (and not a problem for me) between the books and the TV show was the age of characters and the consequent shifting of the timing of the events relative to the rebellion. As I understand it, this is largely due to problems with depicting sexual relations with Daenerys who was 13 or so in the book. All of the children have been aged as a result.

Fans of the books will enjoy this as they wait the 5 or so years in between books.
on October 14, 2014
This particular format does have an issue I would like to point out to Canadians. If you follow the enclosed instructions for the digital version, you get redirected to the HBO home page and not to somewhere you can download the show. There is a small clue on the instructions that refers to the itunes terms of service. You may eventually figure out that you can enter the enclosed code like you would enter an itunes gift card. That seems to work. They certainly do not make it easy for Canadians to get the digital version they purchased, but otherwise the series is almost as good as the books and I would highly reccommend it to both fantasy fans and a general audience.
on April 18, 2014
One more HBO masterpiece, let's be realistic, for the last few years pretty much everything that came out of HBO productions are really ''Top of the line'' series that you can never stop watching until the last episode, once you've started episode one, once you're hooked your hooked...

Every HBO producer seems to have the highest sense of details and try to be as realistic as possible. Even though ''Games of Thrones'' is a fiction, the shear material of the story, the cinematography is just mind bogling. Heads up to the writers, actors and every body that as been working on this set... This series is just a work of Art... HBO is really pushing the TV series to new and never seen before limit in this format.
on January 8, 2018
season 1 is by far the most true to book. the series is one of the boldest in showing the reality that not all heros get happy endings, justice is not a given, and all men must die.
on October 17, 2017
This was awesome, I've waited a few years, so I could binge watch all the Game of Thrones seasons and I LOVE this show!!
on January 12, 2016
So DVD's are a "want" commodity, to be clear.
So when one of my loved ones "wanted" this for Christmas, I looked to Amazon.
In stock, priced well, two day shipping.
Buy it? Heck yeah!
Like it? Loved it!
on March 15, 2013
I don't know if it's just me or what but, I am a fan of that time period. I've watched other movies and read books on the times they lived in, and you had to be strong in order to survive. I love the devotion to family and friends and the honor in the name of the "true king". Bound by that same honor to life and love. I got a true feeling of loss and strength to carry on and in some cases, avenge those they loved and cared for. This first series made me want for more and I got it in the Second Season. Love, love, loved it.
on April 22, 2015
I love the format, normal blu-ray case. It fits perfectly in the library, I hope they'll be releasing the other seasons like this!