Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 5, 2011
This my third stick blender I bought. The first two were Cuisinart. The first one worked very well for approx 2 years but was killed by some baby carrots. The second died without a known killer, much earlier. So I gave up the brand, at least for hand blenders.
This De Longhi blender is amazing. It is very powerful. The only flaw is that both speed buttons are a little hard to keep them pressed for a continuous work. Maybe it is more difficult for me, as my right hand is still recovering after a broken wrist. The Cuisinart were easier to use from this only point of view.
It comes with a quite big chopper, that works like a dream.The chopper has a removable plastic base, that also works as a lid. The whisk looks a bit flimsy, but works OK. It comes out of its base, as the whisk is machine washable. There is also a tall beaker with a lid, good for smoothies.
The blender looks very well, and seems sturdy. I didn't try any raw carrots, but I think that being more powerful, it won't be so easy to break.
Actually, Cuisinart stick blenders were not killed by the lack of power, but by their plastic breakable parts.
I only hope De Longhi will last longer.

Update:
After some time I had problems with the chopper white lid, as its shaft became loose. I contacted Delonghi, and they soon sent me a new lid (it was still under warranty). It was free. I loved DeLonghi for staying behind their customers!
4 people found this helpful
on December 14, 2012
Has worked well so far, just seems to have a bit of trouble with smaller particles, maybe due to how much of a vortex it creates...
One person found this helpful
on November 12, 2012
I'm really pleased with my purchase of the DeLonghi Triblade hand-blender! I've used it for a few months now and it's perfect to make good soups, pesto, tartare, etc. It's very powerful and handy. It's a MUST in a kitchen!!
One person found this helpful