countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(4 star). See all 526 reviews
on July 18, 2017
Overall, I love the performance of this grinder. It grinds the coffee very finely with much less noise than my previous Oster burr grinder. The glass ground coffee container affords less static electricity meaning there is very little coffee stuck to the sides. However, I have taken a star off because the Bodum Bistro could become the ideal grinder if they would make the bean hopper out of glass (not plastic), increase the hopper capacity and change the hopper lid to a more user friendly design. It is very difficult to seal the hopper lid without pressing down VERY FIRMLY and frankly, I'm apprehensive about pushing too hard and breaking the plastic hopper. Are you listening Bodum???
on June 13, 2017
Good size for small space. perfect for two ! a bit noisy (would wake a light sleeper in a small house) but coffee is consistently ground and the options for grinding from drip to press are quite accurate. I would buy again. Get the coffee brush to go with to tidy out the glass cup - very effective. Was a gift - he said it's a "game changer" and I say the coffee tastes better with this burr grinder.
on May 13, 2017
Overall, a great grinder. Would be 5 stars if the container unit could be sealed and also generated less static residue with each use. Visually the grinder is quite attractive and can remain on your counter-top all the time. No issues after a few weeks of use, highly recommended.
on April 21, 2017
Overall very good for the price. Downside is that it is small and light, and you have to run the auto timer twice for 12 cups. Also it is very noisy. Good features are that it makes a great grind and the glass container prevents powdered coffee from flying all over the place. This grinder is overall better than the Starbucks one we had as well as the Cuisinart, mainly due to glass container.
on June 5, 2017
Grind consistency is perfect for espresso. Haven't tried any other setting. One thing that I didn't like is you need to rest the motor for 5 minutes after each 20 second grind. It's not a big deal though. You can get 2 double shots in 20 secs.
on March 2, 2017
Bon produit, mais j'aurais aimé avoir une mouture plus fine
on July 16, 2017
love it, much much quieter than the first one,
on April 29, 2017
Still working after 5 years.
on March 6, 2014
5 sur 5 !
on June 2, 2012
I've had this grinder for about a month, using 2-3 times a day, and so far so good. In the past, I've had a Krups (twice) and a Cuisinart, and all stopped grinding within a year. Fingers crossed the Bodum will last, but at least this one seems to make it easier to get at the grinding mechanism to clean it - which I suspect was the problem with the others.

The Bodum is definitely quieter than the others, it takes up less counter space, and is more attractive. The container for the grounds is easy to whip in and out, and I LOVE that they've solved te static problem! Also like the air tight lid to keep the beans fresh. And the fact that there's no mess. If there are any grounds on my counter after use, it's because I was sloppy.

Overall, it's obvious that a lot of thought went into its design and if it keeps working, I'll be thrilled!

My only negative comment is that after a couple of weeks, it stopped grinding for the full 15-20 seconds (or whatever I had it set on), and now only grinds for a few seconds at a time. I have to push the little top button a few times to get as much as I need, almost like the pulse button on a blender. I don't mind doing this, but hope it's not a sign that it's going to stop altogether.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse