Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(2 star). See all 724 reviews
on December 30, 2017
Returning this and buying a Capresso Infinity instead. Pros: Large hopper, grinds a lot of coffee quickly, glass reservoir is sturdy, it's compact. Cons: It's super noisy, the grind is inconsistent, it's very 'static-y'" and coffee grinds are everywhere on the counter all the time, everything about it just feels 'cheap' except the glass grind reservoir, very lightweight.
on July 2, 2017
This is a fine, but messy burr grinder. I question whether it is worth using everytime I use it. I purchased this grinder approximately six months ago for use with a french press. It grinds the coffee nicely, it is the mess and the clean up I have a problem with. It is so aggravating the way the coffee sticks to the glass and everywhere. I feel like I waste so much coffee as a result. I had no idea about cofee grind static issues before this grinder. Boo!
on February 10, 2013
The first one of these had to be returned because although it turned on and seemed to be working almost no coffee was being ground. After several attempts and many hours trying to find help on the web or from Bodum we were forced to return it to amazon. Amazon was amazing in its return process. Another arrived but as it came at an inconvenient time we have not been able to use it as normal. I will say it is a beautiful machine and if it holds up i will highly recommend it. It is disconcerting that the company does not offer any real manuals or on line help and for this i can not rate it higher. I am hoping it does perform as it looks.
I do recommend Amazon and will not hesitate to buy from them again!

Update... It has been some time now and even though it will not work when the grind is set finer than drip it does seem to work in general. We use it for espresso and so the grind could be finer but it isn't that bad so we get by. The first one that was sent back seemed to not grind in espresso mode either. But then it would not grind at all.

We have to be careful as Bodum glass is quite fragile (i had a couple of glass cups that broke when receiving ice from the fridge machine). It looks good but when It goes it will be replaced by something that is hardier and fully works. Also we never could get any help from Bodum so it will likely not be from this company.

Update, this thing just went to trash a couple of months ago. Thought i should post a warning. First off if you take it apart to clean it might never fit back together again. Second it looks pretty out of the box but its high maintenance after using. Just imagine dark coffee clinging to surfaces and the top easily stains. Also, could never get it to grind espresso. Had to settle for next one down and just put up with that. Its too much money for such a delicate product that never lasted that long. But if you want it for looks than great. Two stars are for the looks basically.
6 people found this helpful
on January 16, 2014
I had one for 2 years, I am very happy with it; I decided to give one to my son has a gift a year ago; it fails 11 months later, I contact Bodum N.-A.; they confirm a 2 years warranty and asked me all necessary info for repair or replacement. after I send the requested, I never heard from them. If you contact them by mail, you have an automated answer: ''we will come back to you within 3 working days''. As of yet, no answer, 5 weeks after first contact.
9 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2017
After only a few months, this grinder gets jammed constantly. Coffee that has been freshly roasted seems to cause it a lot of trouble. It could be that mine is defective based on all the other reviews, I just wish it had failed while I could still return it.
One person found this helpful
on January 9, 2017
I bought this to use for espresso and the grind isn't quite fine enough. Close, but not quite so you can't get enough pressure for good espresso (with a higher end Breville machine).
Also, within the first 6 months of use, the machine started to automatically grind the moment the power was turned on even though the button hadn't been pressed. I'm guessing something problematic with the grind button. That problem comes and goes. Over all just okay and not really worth the price.
on November 7, 2017
Seemed like a good purchase at the time, however only a few weeks in it started malfunctioning. Still worked, but not as well as we hoped, ended up selling it.
on June 18, 2012
First off, I'm only using this grinder for drip coffee and it works great...when it works.

I've been getting on-and-off problems with the timer not working as expected ever since we purchased this 6 months ago. Occasionally, the grinder would stop before it reached the time it was set to. Playing with the coarseness of the grind seems to help a little, but it still stops prematurely from time to time.

Trying different beans and ensuring the grinder did not have any loose grind inside it does not seem to affect this problem.

For the moment, I've been living with the coarseness setting at maximum and setting the grind duration to the minimum setting.

I'm not quite sure who to talk to about getting it serviced, so I figured I might as well write a review.
One person found this helpful
on June 9, 2018
Do not get for espresso machines, it is not consistent on grind size, and does not go fine enough to maintain pressure in our Breville espresso machine.
on December 19, 2013
It worked great for about 6 months, when the red button on top that starts the grinding broke. Very inconvenient, now we use a tooth pick to start it, and you don't always hit the right spot, can take minutes to get it. It is a cheap product.