Top positive review
9 people found this helpful
Easy. Durable. Low maintenance. Done.
on February 7, 2017
I have now owned this Bodum Burr Grinder for just over 5 years so my feedback is coming from a period of extended use. When I say extended I mean almost daily use over the 5+ years. We use this for French Press, AeroPress, pods, and even for baking. If you are in the market for an electric burr grinder I would highly recommend this. If you are in the market for a blade grinder for coffee drinking, give your head a shake and focus on burr grinders :) You can find cheaper grinders and more expensive grinders, but this one will handle all of your needs while combining ease of use with durability and low maintenance. To summarize with pros and cons......
- Easy: Plug it in and go. The dial settings are easy to view and simply turn to the desired grind. Very coarse for french press or super fine for espresso (and all in between).
- Consistency: Whichever setting you choose, you get that throughout the batch. No half-ground beans lumped into your fine espresso grind.
- Durable: In over 5+ years we have had minimal maintenance and cleaning required. It just keeps going.
- Size: Standing at 11 inches tall and about 4-5 inches wide this unit takes up a minimal amount of space on your counter. With the flat top you can even stack something light on top like a box of tea!
- Silicon band: A small detail but important. Makes for a secure feel when holding the receptacle as well as providing the ability to "tap" out the remaining grinds into your glass french press (etc) without the risk of chipping the glass.
- Noise: Like most grinders, it can be noisy. Will you be running this while everyone in the house is sleeping?....no, but it's no louder than most.
- Mess: You will get some grinds that won't make it into the receptacle. These grinds do not get blown away from the unit resulting in a mess, they simply end up in the reservoir where the receptacle sits.
This is definitely an item where you get what you pay for. Enjoy.