countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Color: Black|Change

on February 14, 2012
The first grinder I got was a green one that di not work right from the start. Would not even turn on. So I returned it and got a black one. The black one works awsome. I purchased it so that I could get the propper grind for my french press. I am drinking Jamacian Blue Mountain coffee which is one of the most sought after coffees in the world so I wanted to brew it the way the grower recomended. This grinder makes that possible. Mornings never tasted better. even with the failure of the first grinder, I highly recomend this grinder. It is a great value for the money, very little mess, easy to clean. Glass grounds container which means no static, which means far less mess.
on December 22, 2012
I bought this in orange (which isn't listed anymore, so i came here) a year ago and use it every day to grind espresso grind coffee. It has been excellent value, and looks okay. It is a bit messy, but I dry coffee isn't hard to clean up.

Static does depend on the time of year. Ottawa has very humid summers but very dry winters, and dry times have more static problems and more coffee stuck here and there.

But now, after a year, it has begun to jam and stop grinding. I cleaned it out the first time and it worked again for a month, but has become unusable this week as I cannot seem to clean it out well enough. It comes apart easily enough, including the metal grinder (but only the one top piece of two).

I think a $100 device should last longer than a year.

If anyone knows how to deal with this, please respond. Thanks.

EDIT Aug 2015: I found out that it doesn't handle very dark,greasy roasted beans well. If you avoid those, it works perfectly in all other ways and it's still going strong.
on March 15, 2011
After a fair bit of research and hemming and hawing over many burr grinder models I finally came across the Bodum Bistro Burr coffee grinder. I liked what I saw and read so I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I was not disappointed. Aside from the splashy red colour, which looks fantastic on my counter, it also performs as I expected and has proven to be a great value for the cost. I find it easy to use with minimal mess and the glass receptacle is relatively static free. I use it primarily on the coarsest grind setting for a french press coffee maker and although it does not produce perfect, consistently sized grounds there is definitely a huge improvement over my old blade grinder. No more super fine mixed in with the super coarse grounds. The few times I've used it on a finer grind setting for our drip-style coffee maker the grounds came out looking like they were purchased pre-ground. Last but not least, I definitely notice a positive difference in the taste of my coffee since switching to a burr grinder!
on June 28, 2016
Ravie de ce moulin á café, nous avons des soucis de moutures non adaptées á notre machine á expresso Breville même lorsque spécifié á la brûlerie. Depuis que nous avons ce grinder, plus de problème de filtre bouché.
on September 26, 2011
First the pros-
Relatively low price, great styling, fast and quiet. Good range of grinding settings (I have not used this for espresso).

Now the cons-
Grind setting adjustments can only be made when unit is running. No matter how much I tap the unit after grinding, stray coffee grinds end up falling out onto the base where the cup sits and onto my counter almost every time. There is a power switch with indicator light, both that really serve no purpose - the only way the unit will run is when you press the timer button. There is no need to have an indicator light burning all day and night.
on February 10, 2012
Having coffee in the hopper is great in the morning, and all you have to do is switch the grinder on and press the start button. The 20 second grind time suites my wife and I four "mugs" of coffee.
on March 26, 2011
I am pleased with this product. Very convenient to use and a lot less mess than my previous simple blade grinder. It only takes a bit of experimentation to discover exactly how many seconds worth of grinding are required to produce the correct amount of ground coffee for either my french press or my drip maker. Attractive enough to leave out on the counter as well.
on December 1, 2012
I've had this grinder for a year now, and I must say it is very good.

In the past, I've had burr grinders that had a tendency to jam, or that were very messy — this grinder is perfect. I haven't had a problem with it yet and use it almost every morning (though, if you're the first to wake up in your household, grinding at night before people are in bed would be better — it IS loud, as any grinder would be). The glass canister eliminates any static that would make the fresh grind fly every where, and the different settings are great whether you like espresso, percolated coffee, or just in a regular coffee machine.

No issues whatsoever with this grinder yet. Very pleased with it so far!
on December 3, 2011
I've got this grinder since a month now and I love it. I use it almost every morning for my French Press coffee.
At first, I was making my French press coffee with pre-ground beans. Then I grinded my beans with my roommate's blade grinder. It was much better, yes, but the uneven size of the grains (the filtration/pressing was leaking to powdery residues) made me buy the Bodum Bistro. It makes such a HUGE difference to have a a good burr grinder!
Pros : small, beautiful, makes excellent coffee and the even-sized grains makes the filtration/pressing perfect (no leak)
Cons : noisy (more than a blade grinder, I don't know compared to other burr grinders), more expensive.
on February 19, 2011
I thoroughly researched burr coffee grinders in the $75 - $250 cost range before deciding on this Bodum. The low end grinders were reportedly noisy, messy, difficult to clean and likely to burn out in under a year. Even the higher end imports with solid reputations had numerous bad reviews. For the cost, this grinder is fantastic. It definitely is very quiet for a burr grinder, not painfully loud like some, and the glass carafe minimizes the powdery mess caused by static electricity. As for burn out, the manual does instruct one to give a 5-minute break between grinds to avoid overheating the motor. Aesthetically, it's cute as a button. No complaints.