countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: Black|Change

on July 27, 2016
I recently purchased this Bodum Bistro Electric Conical Burr grinder to replace and older Saeco burr grinder of equal value.
After a few weeks of use, I am more than happy with the Bodum. It's quieter than my Saeco and runs slower so it doesn't burn my beans. The conical hopper makes it easier to fill with beans, and the round glass container is a breeze to empty.
So far grind consistency is excellent for both my Oster drip and Saeco Aroma espresso machines. Removing hopper and burr for cleaning only takes a minute.
I only wish the electric cord was a little longer.

I couldn't be happier with this grinder and highly recommend.
on July 27, 2016
Bought this model based on reviews after our 10+ year old Cuisinart burr grinder bit the dust.

So far, I've only brewed a couple of pots, but I'm impressed with the consistency of the grind. Regular grind for filter coffee is even and coarse grind for french press coffee is all coarse. There's little fine powder that end up in the dregs of the Bodum pot.

I like the glass receptacle. Plastic receptacles get static cling and the finer grinds have to be scraped out. Conversely, it is easy to empty out the glass container.

On the downside, figuring out quantities takes a bit of trial and error. The settings are for time, not quantity, so we have to figure out for each grind setting how much coffee we need.
on July 24, 2016
If you want good tasting coffee, a high quality burr grinder is just as important as the coffee. Those $20 electric grinders actually burn your coffee. This does a fantastic job. No need to spend more money.
on July 22, 2016
loved it until it began sounding like a tank going over gravel...not impressed with the warranty that ran out in Feb of this year (2 years) with no offer of compensation of any kind from the US distributor. nor any provision of a service company to rectify the problem.
I was told that there is no service available in Canada or the US
I would have that with the higher cost of an appliance like this, there should have been something more.
on July 20, 2016
Very good grinds. Quality construction. Would recommend.
on July 17, 2016
the problem with these types of grinders is that due to static electricity the ground coffee sticks to the plastic containers and ends up making a huge mess every time you grind.
on July 16, 2016
I love the coffee that my new Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder produces. It has so much more taste. The grind is much finer than my old Kenmore burr grinder, and I am sure that is why my morning cappuccino tastes so good. Yes, it is a bit loud but only grinds for a short time. I like its appearance, its large capacity for beans, and the glass container. If it lasts as long as the Kenmore, I will be happy.
on July 15, 2016
It works very, very well for sure. Unfortunately my first one slowly had the timer get shorter and shorter, or there is a thermal cutout that hit sooner and sooner. I guess I can't complain - it worked fine for 5 years. I have noticed that the top of the unit is always warm, that the the control board is always energized. We have resolved to keep this one turned off when not in use. Looked at others this time, but this unit still seemed to be the best value. Static is minimal, a few taps of the jar on the counter settles things to the bottom.
on July 8, 2016
The colour is a bit nauseating, but it has served us well for several months. The coarseness of the grind is not entirely consistent, but if we plunge the french press slowly there's not much sediment. We don't twist the hopper around to change to a finer grind, so there's less opportunity to break something. Grinds do constantly stick to the outside of the glass jar which requires attention unless you want to leave a trail everywhere.
on July 3, 2016
I think it's an excellent machine, for the price. Burrs could be made of ceramic and the top could be engineered better (no big deal but it could seal better). Great price and value. They make it in green, they make it in red! It grinds course enough for a French press, and fine enough for espresso. My favourite grinder of all I've ever owned! I accidentally broke my girlfriend's little buster type grinder and I was glad because it meant I could buy her this one.

Really good design. Being able to set and leave a dial for the grinding time, and start it by pressing a button is the best. Once you figure out how much you want ground, you awake, go to your kitchen, press one button, and make coffee. The same every time. You'll feel like a coffee God. You'll feel like you're living in the future.