Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on December 30, 2017
Returning this and buying a Capresso Infinity instead. Pros: Large hopper, grinds a lot of coffee quickly, glass reservoir is sturdy, it's compact. Cons: It's super noisy, the grind is inconsistent, it's very 'static-y'" and coffee grinds are everywhere on the counter all the time, everything about it just feels 'cheap' except the glass grind reservoir, very lightweight.
on November 7, 2016
I've used this grinder for a couple of years with success, grinding a variety of grinds for press and espresso coffee. Recently the performance has dropped off dramatically in spite of careful cleaning. I'm not sure whether the problem is mechanical in the adjustment of the burr height or a worn out burr, but in any event, it no longer grinds coffee at any of the finer settlings.
on August 6, 2017
My sister recommended this coffee grinder to me after using it for almost 2 years.
I knew it was reliable, and i had read many reviews saying the same thing.
I use it for a normal coffee machine and with my espresso machine. It is so easy to adjust the grind with a simple rotation of the plastic top.
We always use the same quantity every morning so i don't have to measure every day.
I would never go back to pre-grind coffee. The coffee always smells free and then taste is a lot smoother.

Very happy so far and i would buy it again.
I will edit review if anything comes up.
on July 18, 2017
Overall, I love the performance of this grinder. It grinds the coffee very finely with much less noise than my previous Oster burr grinder. The glass ground coffee container affords less static electricity meaning there is very little coffee stuck to the sides. However, I have taken a star off because the Bodum Bistro could become the ideal grinder if they would make the bean hopper out of glass (not plastic), increase the hopper capacity and change the hopper lid to a more user friendly design. It is very difficult to seal the hopper lid without pressing down VERY FIRMLY and frankly, I'm apprehensive about pushing too hard and breaking the plastic hopper. Are you listening Bodum???
on January 23, 2018
UPDATE: I contacted Bodum directly (Amazon wasn't all that helpful) and they replaced it. The replacement unit is absolutely perfect. Love the unit, and Bodum for standing by their product. Great company.

Original:
Having owned Bodum burr grinders before (multiple previous generations of this unit) I had high expectations of it, but at a minimum I expected it to perform at least as well as far less expensive burr grinders. Maybe my unit is defective, but it is terrible. There seems to be no correlation between the grind setting selector and the grind size. I've ruined plenty of coffee, trying to grind for espresso and getting course, or asking for course and getting gravel sized coffee grinds. Very dissatisfied, especially having had so many great experiences with Bodum products for so many years. Unfortunately the return window had closed by the time I opened it and figured out how bad it was.

On the plus side, it's a very pretty unit, and looks great on the counter. Too bad it doesn't actually grind coffee reliably!
on November 9, 2017
It looks good, but build quality is lacking. The tactile materials are nice, and the hopper and catcher work well, however the grind selection mechanism feels weak. The main problem though is that the motor appears to be under powered, at least on the finest grind setting. The grinder worked well for about a month and then started jamming regularly, requiring disassembly and cleaning. Full stars to Amazon though who quickly prepared a free return shipping label 45 days after purchase.
on November 2, 2016
After all the research I had done, and the reviews I had read, I was really hoping to love this product. After a few weeks, I like it, but don't love it. I also bought a good coffee machine that heats the water to the proper temperature (BonaVita - 195-200 F). We had used a blade grinder for years and years and when it stopped working, I couldn't find the same one for sale anywhere. So started down the path of "upgrading" to a stainless steel burr grinder. It took about 15 experimental pots before we found the grind and the grinding time that suited us. But even then, I feel something is missing in the taste. But we have adjusted pretty well, and perhaps we were just used to unsophisticated coffee. And I will continue to try different beans.
As for the static free claim, which I was really looking forward to, it is not the case. I've tried different types of roasts and there is always static cling. Oily dark beans are the worst, but it happens with any kind of bean. This was a disappointment. I bought the off white grinder to go with my kitchen, but wish I had purchased the black one as the mess left by grounds sticking everywhere shows up SOOO much on the white grinder.
We do like the convenience of keeping the hopper filled so that it's just the press of a button in the morning to get our coffee going.
So, although satisfied with the product, I will most certainly try something different when it comes time to purchase a grinder again.
on January 1, 2018
Great grinder, does the job quickly. I prefer to grind only as much as a I need. As a result, I don't really experience the static issue that some others have mentioned. I've used the coarse grind for my french press and it's perfect. I've yet to try the other settings. It's relatively easy to clean. Would recommend some sort of brush in order to do a deeper clean if you are using multiple varities of coffee. So far, I just take it apart on a weekly basis which is easy to do. It's been pretty easy to clean.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 16, 2015
I have been using a delonghi grinder for a long type, however over type the grind started to be inconsistant, the wheels were not adjusting anything, so based on reviews I bought this one, plus red is a nice color.

So far very happy with it
Pros
-quieter than previous burr grinder I had
-consistent grind
-easy to clean
-close to no static thanks to the pyrex container

Cons
-caps on both the grinder and container are not tight seals, i.e. they just sit on top but do not clip/press in. Not a big issue but still worth mentionning as I was a bit surprised
on September 14, 2017
For espresso geeks, I would not recommend it... It is overall well made but the thinnest setting does not allow you to get a proper extraction for espresso.I can't get a proper crema and it drips too quickly, even if I am generous with the tempering process....