countdown boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on December 10, 2015
Superior, fantastic artwork. The detail is phenomenal and better than 99% of animated feature films. It doesn't follow the books very closely, but is still an excellent plot. I watch it often when I need to just relax and enjoy being entertained. I am still amazed by the artwork every time I watch it.
on May 24, 2017
Great movie
on April 14, 2017
great
on March 27, 2017
good
on July 14, 2017
Bon film, mes enfants ont adoré. Livraison en parfait état et rapide!
on May 22, 2015
excellent movie
on February 4, 2011
I never read any reviews for "Guardians", and had no preconceptions about the film before I saw it. I was pleasantly surprised. The visuals alone are breathtaking. It's a grand testament to the animators and their talents. More so, however, the film develops lovable characters (Gylfie, Digger, Twilight, and Lyes of Kiel specifically), and an identifiable lead in Soren. Its themes explore the validity of honouring our culture's legends, defending the innocent, and self-sacrifice for what is right. It is unashamedly a book adaption--though I never felt as though the film tied itself down in unnecessary exposition.

Instead the film thrusts its viewers into the world, mythos and story of the Owl Kingdoms...and succeeds. Its characters are humorous and lovable, its plot includes betrayal, friendship, honour and justice. And as a book adaption, its pacing is well developed and reworked into an understandable screenplay.

Now, would I recommend it for a younger audience? No, not necessarily. It does not employ a Disney or Pixar-esque family quality about it. Parents should know that there may be some scary moments for your young children. Does it leave some things unexplained (such as the "blue-lightening" as described in the editor's review)? In a sense, yes, but this in no way hinders the plot or the understanding of the risks that exist for our heroes. Though I can understand how some might consider it slow or muddled, I didn't find that. It had me, and I was enjoying every moment of it.

Some of todays animated films (and television programs) are regrettably damaging. So much of it centres around pathetic humour, and a lack of reverence. Children need to be inspired; this is what equips them to better live in a world which presents both real difficulties and hardships as well as great beauty and life. I feel that "Guardians" draws our attention toward the latter. Its deals with healthy dreaming, the love for old stories and legends, the choice to do what is right, the betrayal of close friends and family, the need to seek out justice for the innocent and the reawakening to the grim reality of war.

I heartily recommend "Legend of the Guardians".
on June 20, 2017
very pleased,great value for all you get This product is comfortable and effective, good, and not expensive, and very easy to use, without any flaws.amazon's logistics has been doing very well. good price also Excellent product! Great product and very easy to work with. I will be buying more.
on April 8, 2017
I saw the movie when I was 4 and read the books when I was 12 and, what I remembered the movie characters as helped me piece together what the book characters looked like. as for the relations to the book, it does not make much sense. (why would the pure ones want an elf owl?) and the kludd person had the cutest hair/feather/crest thing
on March 5, 2011
Not only is the story quite good, the visual effects are amazing ! I bought it thinking it would rather be a children movie kind, but I loved it myself and deeply recommend it.