Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30
Format: DVD|Change

on March 3, 2015
I own quite a few of Jillian Michaels DVD’s but Ripped in 30 is my favorite. I wish she had more DVD’s in the 30 day format. Although it is my favorite, it is not perfect and here are my Pet Peeves:

With all the money they spend on these can’t they edit out mistakes. In Level 3, Jillian misses a set of “Wide and Low Rows” for the second set and goes right to the cardio. I stop the DVD and do the other side. Can’t the video editors cut the exercise into the video if it is missed or reshoot that scene and edit it back in???
I found Level 3 on this video the most difficult of all the levels. I seem to sail through Level 4 and feel it really should have been the Level 3.
It always seems the people she chooses to demonstrate the “advanced” user often do the exercise incorrectly or at the same level as the beginner. I am often further advanced than the advanced users which isn’t as motivating.
Yes, sometimes the talking is annoying. I find the exercises she pronounces as “killer” with such statements as “you’re gonna hate me for this one”- are not difficult for me. So it’s annoying to hear her go on and on throughout the exercise about how tough it is.

I would consider myself an advanced user. After doing this DVD of and on for 3 months, I no longer find it challenging but I do find it a great overall workout for toning, building strength and losing fat.
on November 22, 2013
these were some seriously challenging workouts. i have been doing jillian for 5 months now, 4-6 days per week on average and i have done 30 day shred, banish fat boost metabolism, and no more trouble zones. level 1 of this dvd was actually too easy for me, i did it 7 times anyway, but level 2 was a big shocker. i did that one 8 times before i moved on to level 3, but there are some moves in there i need to go back and master. for example...crow push ups?!?! AHH. some of the moves in level 3 i just cant do, my arms are not long enough to do what they do on screen, trust me i have tried, maybe its a short person thing? anyway i am feeling better every day and i love jillian dvds i want to own them all. i have lost weight and definitely have muscles ive never had in my life. still have 15 - 20 lbs to lose but i am adding cardio back into my routine which i think will move the fat faster.
on November 1, 2017
Très exigeant. J'ai beaucoup aimé. Par contre un peu trop intense pour mon groupe d'âge (50+). Je me suis fait mal à un mollet. Je suggère pour quelqu'un qui a déjà un peu la forme. Trop dur pour quelqu'un qui part de zéro.
on April 1, 2013
While I certainly wouldn't say I got ripped doing this workout almost daily for 30 days and dieting (though not her diet plan) I liked this workout. The entire workout including warm up is only 30 minutes, making it easy to fit in to your day. I definitely did notice I got a little more toned all over my body and maybe lost a couple of pounds (5"3 female about 110lbs). I have tried several of her videos and would recommend this one. It is good for beginners and those who are more experienced as she provides modified and advanced versions of most of the moves.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 26, 2015
We did this video after 30 day shred, levels 1 & 2 were great, but then it got Extremely hard, levels 3 & 4 have too much coordination for me, my brain couldn't commute to my feet , what I was seeing her do on screen. She's a trillion times more obnoxious in this video then the shred, but still gets results.
on April 10, 2012
I did this video every day for 28 days, increasing the level every week with no rest days. It was a little tiring but it's a quick work out so I wanted to push myself.

I saw results after about 10 days and friends who did not know I started this work out told me I was looking slimmer. I lost 4lbs in 4 weeks which is huge for me, since I'm only 5'2" and within the "normal" BMI range. I didn't take any measurements but my clothes fit much better.

I did modify my diet a bit during the 28 days, mostly by decreasing my portion sizes slightly.

This dvd is amazing! It will definitely leave you sweating.

Some negatives: one move is forgotten, she does the right side but then forgets to repeat it on the left side. It bugs me but not enough to remove a star. Also at some points she's flirting with the other girls a bit too much and it can be a little annoying, but I stopped noticing after a while.
on October 8, 2016
These are the workouts that finally convinced me to buy Jillian Michael's DVDs rather than continuing to access them (sporadically) for free on YouTube. I got so frustrated when the videos were taken down that I just needed to own them. Very glad I do. Excellent program. HIIT combined with cardio and abs. Very effective, in under 30 min.
on November 9, 2017
If you liked 30 Day Shred you will love this one. Similar system with new workouts. Would definitely recommend.
on April 8, 2012
I have one other Jilliam Michaels DVD and I bought this one for variety. Well, if you want a good workout, this is the one for you. Only approximately 20 minutes per workout, you will get your moneys worth. I have been exercising on a regular basis for many years and this one is definitely challenging. I have only done workout 1, 2 and 3 and I find them a good workout, so I am sure workout 4 will be even more challenging. She is encouraging throughout the DVD to get you going.
VINE VOICEon March 1, 2017
Epic workout. Its really hard but you do break a serious sweat!