countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more Home vpcflyout All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on May 13, 2011
It seems to be six months to a year after a camera enters the market before a proper case is available for it. A year after purchasing my Canon SD1300IS I now have the proper case. I originally purchased a Canon SD940IS leather case for my SD1300IS but found the ergonomics to be compromised. The SD940IS camera is slightly smaller than the SD1300IS and this meant that the leather case took on the near exact shape of my SD1300IS camera and caused some unforeseen issues. The issue was that the SD1300IS becomes so snug in the case that upon holding the camera and case in a comfortable way the 'on' button would often become engaged causing a lens malfunction. Although a leather case is more desirable than this nylon/vinyl case, purchasing a case that is specifically designed for your camera is truly important. This case works well with the camera and has a magnetic closing. There is also a 'slot' for a spare memory card inside the back of the case. A spare camera wrist strap also comes with this case. The only drawback here is a vinyl belt loop. Most every camera case has a belt loop but often the vinyl type loops will tear. This has a nice overall fit for the camera and it is good value for the money though.
review image
on March 9, 2012
Hello I bought this camera case because it was on sale for a great price. However after using it I think that at twice the price it would still be a great deal. The camera is so small that even in the case it's still easily put in a jacket pocket.
on November 27, 2012
I needed a new camera and when I bought the Canon PowerShot A1300 IS, Amazon suggested this case to go with it.

While the camera does fit in the case, it doesn't fit very well as you have to REALLY push it into the case in order to get the magnetic flap closed and once the camera is in, you need to push on the bottom of the camera/case to get it out because if you try to grab the camera at the top, you'll end up pulling open the battery compartment...which will, I'd guess, cause the door to eventually break.

If I had it to do all over again I'd have bought a case locally. I'll keep using this case until something better comes along, but it's the last time I'll trust Amazon's recommendations for a camera case.
on May 4, 2012
This perfectly fit my Canon Elph 100HS. I will definitely recommend this product.
The magnetic hasp works for me and you can still put in your pocket which I like.
on December 26, 2012
Too small to fit my Canon Powershot ELPH 310 HS. Have to really push the camera into a very tight squeeze
on January 2, 2013
This case appears to be useful for protecting the ELPH camera, but I was disappointed in the bulk of the flap - the case could do without the Canon metallic clip, and probably the flap itself, to keep the unit small enough to fit in any pocket.
on July 18, 2013
This little cover is just perfect for the job. Just sturdy enough to protect the camera against chocs and squishing the bottom of a backpack, but light and small enough to fit pretty much anywhere. the belt strap may be a little small, but I never used it...

it's a pretty simple product, and just basically does it's job exactly as I want it to.
on January 5, 2012
This case was the perfect fit for my Cannon Elph 300HS. I really like the magnetic hasp as well. Small and well crafted, I've seen 30% less in price for a case but not near the quality. After all, once one has spent the bucks on the camera, why not get the best case for it. I'm happy..
John
on August 30, 2013
This case was recommended by Amazon for the Canon A2400, but the case is too short to accommodate the camera. It also leaves the corners exposed. Disappointing, but it was so cheap that I didn't bother trying to return it. Be wary of Amazon's camera case fit recommendations.
on January 3, 2013
Vraiment trop petit pour le modèle A4000, c'était comme rentrer où insérer, Tante Pauline qui pèse 100 Kg , dans des bas-culotte pour une fillette de 40 Kg.. Cela fonctionne ,avec conviction et force, mais cela dépasse aussi de tous les côtés.. On aime pas trop CELÀ..