countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on January 19, 2016
This is a very impressive knife definately designed by a man with a man in mind. (No offence to the ladies.) I doubt that it could be improved upon, it is certainly the right size and the feel is just perfect. It is visually very appealing giving the impression that anyone who owns it means business. The blade action feels smooth without being tight and the blade lock is very positive but quite easy to deactivate once you get a deployment method figured. Good job Gerber, if I lose this one I will have to buy another.
on November 13, 2013
Husbands Review: Where do I start? The knife is lighter than I expected after reading some reviews on it. It is extremely well constructed for a non fixed blade knife and makes a great backup bushcraft or survival knife. (which is what I bought it for).
I have owned several folding knives and this is by far the most sturdy. The balance point is at about the first black screw on the handle (blade side) which, while not perfect, makes the blade seem light (non issue for me, in fact I like it for this knife, but thought I'd mention it).
Blade thickness is a good 1/8" and I could easily baton with it (first folding blade I could say that confidently about).
The blade profile is outstanding for just about any task as well.
The rubber handle has fantastic grip and the jimping while it appears harsh is actually done to perfection as far as comfort and grip goes. The blade came razor sharp and after a stropping you could literally shave with it (I did lol :).
The sheath was very well constructed and sturdy as well... overall... I absolutely love it!
on March 31, 2016
This is a serious knife. It's not small, and it's not light. When the wide, thick blade is locked open, it's like you're holding a fixed blade hunting knife. Everything is well built - and the action is smooth. But don't expect to carry this around in your pocket. It comes with a very nice nylon pouch for attaching to a belt or molle pack. It's a keeper!
on November 26, 2014
Absolutely great knife, especially considering the price. The knife feels great in the hand, is super balanced, sturdy, has a nice weight to it, and comes out the box quite sharp. If you need a knife for hunting or general convenience, this is a great option. A knife like this should last quite some time--I've owned it for only a couple weeks now. You can feel the quality with this guy.

Highly recommended!
on June 11, 2013
I know that there is a lot of nice knives on sale through amazon, but this knife is really great.
I've owned this knife for almost a month now, and it's seen many home uses and a camping trip.

For the home use, this knife is comfortable in the hand and cut through all the hard plastic and cardboard that I've used it on. The knife feels really, and I mean REALLY, nice in the hand. The black rubber sides have a nice balance of comfort and rigidity that makes cutting things easy.

For the outdoor use, this knife stands well above the other knives in my collection. The rubber grips function well when they are covered in dirt/dust as well as when they are wet. The knife comes with a nice sheath that fits well on belts as well as just in the pocket.

As far as the blade goes, there is little to no flaws. As I've said above it cuts through any home use with ease. However, when it faced some tougher material outdoors it had a little trouble. This is mostly due to the fact that the blade itself is quite thick. I personally really like the durability and strength that the blade has presented through its uses. The blade locks into position very well as I have not yet had it come loose during any use.

Overall I would strongly recommend this knife to anyone who needs a strong yet comfortable knife to use indoors and out. The blade is still reasonably sharp after about a month of regular use and the grips are still like new.
on November 2, 2014
Great price.
NOTE:
- I do not use it for camping or hunting
--> I use it as a utility knife to open up boxes, cut through rubber, packaging material, rubber belts etc.
The knife is made of very good quality.
I have had it for a while now and it is not as sharp as when I first got it. But that is to be understood since I use it on materials that would make anything dull.
on October 10, 2015
It's okay but I definitely prefer the Gator series. This just feels a bit cumbersome compared to the gator rubber grip gerber lock knifes. It's still a very solid folder that will stand up to lots of abuse.
on December 28, 2013
i was leery about purchasing this knife as i had paid similar price for knives and been very disappoint.
when i received this and opened the package and had the knife in my hand for first time... i was very satisfied.
it has a nice solid weight and feel to it. the blade is sharp although i have yet to see how it lasts.
very good quality for the price
on June 13, 2013
I bought this knife to add to my backpacking accessories, and it has proven quite useful. The blade is strong, and stays very sharp even on harder woods like oak.
Due to it being a folding knife, I was hesitant to use to for batoning (to split thicker logs), but it held up fine and was quite effective.
on May 9, 2016
Great looking knife, beefy handle....but I broke the tip of this knife trying to peel some dry bark back the first time I took it out! I didn't think that was too a tough task to ask out of a knife with a big thick drop tip... it was. Regardless, bought a Kershaw and it makes this knife look like a plastic spoon. In fact, this Gerber is in my junk drawer and it gets used as a slot screwdriver sometimes. As a slot screwdriver, I give it a five star rating.