countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on August 7, 2017
One of the greatest movies of all time! Amazing story (originally a short story by Stephen King) about 2 men who in "normal life" probably never would have met and definitely would never have been friends, who become extremely close (but NOT gay!) due to their shared horrors and joys of "prison life". The plot is incredibly intriguing, the acting and directing is truly awesome, the set (an actual prison) is an almost overpowering presence and all combine to make this a movie that you don't even want to blink while watching for fear of missing something - I can not think of another movie that I would describe that way except Children of Men.
Shawshank is a true masterpiece and while the main flow of the movie is depressing (abusive prison) the overall theme is one of friendship, hope and rising above it all. Something we all need to be reminded of from time to time, especially these days.
The blu-ray version is an improvement over the dvd but I am disappointed that the special features are identical, you think they could have added something new.
All-in-all I give this movie my absolute highest recommendation.
on May 9, 2017
One of the best movies I've ever seen. Probably my favorite one. It never fails to lift me up & really makes the audience believe in hope. It's so beautifully acted & directed that somewhere along the line it makes the audience sympathize with prisoners. It's also the movie which made Morgan Freeman into a narrator in many future Hollywood movies & that in itself is a great legacy.
on August 12, 2017
I am disappointed. I thought there would be a lot of scenery from Zihantango but not so. I found the story very "sleepy".
on July 17, 2017
Without a doubt one of the best movies ever made
on July 2, 2017
This is a really good movie 🎥 I don't want to be a spoiler so lf you's get the chance to watch it take the offer you's won't be disappointed!!! 😊
on July 19, 2017
excellent
on April 22, 2017
This Movie is an all time Fave...
on August 1, 2017
Great movie. Follows the book closely which I had just finished reading (Stephen King's 'Hope springs eternal '. Morgan Freeman a good alternate to 'Rusty'.
on March 31, 2017
I really like Morgan freeman. He really shines in this one. Its a bit of a tear jerker.
on March 28, 2017
What can I say? In my top 5 all-time movies. One of the best endings ever in a movie.