countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports tools Registry

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 21, 2014
I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. They all used it within a week of setting it up. Now they all use it regularly, and they don't drink from the toilet almost at all anymore.

If you're wondering what the rings are, you can choose how many spouts of water the water flows out of from the top. You can have 1 large stream, 2 medium streams, 3 smaller streams... up to 5 I think.

It's a touch of a pain to clean. Yes, I did buy the brushes that the company makes to clean it, and they do help, but there's a few parts to disassemble (Johnny 5 memories hitting those of you born before the 80s). Honestly, it's not that hard to clean, my 10yr old can do it all in like 10-15 minutes, but sometimes she needs my help getting it back in the center peg, which is a touch hard.

Overall, it's worth it. It has a min and max line to know where to fill the water. It hods enough water that even with 5 pets, I only top it up every day of 2. I actually bought 2 of them.
on September 10, 2015
This fountain is probably ok for multiple animals. I really did not like the clips on the side that are made of plastic as they are not easy to get on or off and I actually ended up breaking one of them because they are so difficult. Also whenever my dog would get a drink it was always a mess. I actually got rid of this fountain and have just turned to keeping a couple of bowls of water in different high spots for the cats and I give them a fresh clean bowl every other day and sometimes will put one or two ice cubes in the bowl to help oxidise the water and keep it cool for them and they drink lots of water. One of my cats was actually drinking so much water I was concerned it had diabetes and had the vet run blood work and my vet ended up telling me it was the best blood work they have seen on a cat. My dog didn't care as long as it had some water to drink. So hopefully this helps save some people money with these little tricks. But if you have a cat that prefers "running" water then some type of fountain might be an idea.
on August 20, 2013
Edit to add... July 2016. we've now had this fountain for 3 years and it's still much loved and going strong. Great purchase!

We bought this to please our older cat who only liked drinking from the bathroom sink tap, and he'd want you to turn the tap on and leave the room before he'd drink. So after moving to a new house with wall mounted sink and watching him struggle to perch on the edge we thought we better find a better way. We researched a few fountains and decided on this one. We have had it for a month now and are very pleased with it. It does require topping up everyday and I wash it once a week but it's no more work than a regular dish of water. Less, perhaps, because if you forget to fill it the poor cat isn't going without water. The only downside is that it is quite large, about 13" in diameter and obviously needs to be near a plug in. It isn't very loud, doesn't annoy me anyway (and I'm someone who gets annoyed with noises).

Best of all, our cats both love it. The old cat drinks out of it, never asks to drinks out of the sink anymore. Both of them drink right of the top where the water comes out. The younger cat also treats it as his personal water playground and it isn't unusual to find him asleep with his head against it or his paw in it. Sometimes he puts his toys in it and then fishes them out.

It was worth the money and we don't regret purchasing it at all. As long as it lasts at least a year we will replace it will the same model.
on July 14, 2013
Vet said one of my cats was looking a little dehydrated and I should try a fountain. Bought another popular brand which worked, but the plastic bowl was giving him chin acne (and plastic never feels clean to me).

Got this one about a year ago and it's been working great ever since. The gentle trickle noise is an added bonus of interest for them.

Only word of caution is to find a placemat or area that tolerates moisture well. Spills and condensation are an issue, although the condensation is my fault since I circulate it with ice in it (also gets my cat drinking more).
on September 23, 2011
This fountain is awesome! Our cat who only drinks from the tap, drinks from this fountain! Our dog wasnt so sure at first. but my husband showed him what to do! and he drinks from it now!
Very easy to put together!
Thank you amazon and drinkwell 360! very good investment!
on January 29, 2012
I bought this item for my cat, she has had the worst case of crystals the vet has ever seen. She has suffered with urinary issues off and on. She rarely drinks, we have been back and forth to the vet for antibiotics and special formulated foods. She still remained dehydrated with very concentrated urine. I put bowls of water all over the house, trying to encourage her to drink more, no success. I heard of this water fountain like bowl for your pets, since cats like moving water, thought I would investagate. I found this particular drinkwell, liked the reviews, so bought one. I have never seen my little girl(cat)drink so much, she immediately gravitated to the bowl, she is finally drinking. Best thing I have done for her, all vets should be aware of this for cats that suffer urinary issues. 100% satified.
on November 12, 2011
Perfect for my two cats. They both enjoy the look at the sound of the water running. They now seem to be drinking more, which is good for my long hair cats.
on December 30, 2012
C'est un excellent produit. Déjà un an que je l'ai acheté et je ne le regrette pas. La version stainless est à privilégier pour une eau plus fraîche. J'ai essayé les différentes anneaux et celle à trois donne le meilleur rendement. Il faut cependant prendre la peine d'en faire le nettoyage au moins une fois par semaine.
on August 3, 2012
I had the plastic fountain, but when I saw the stainless steel one, I immediately switched. The cats and two dogs love it.
They really do drink more, and they love the sound of the water running. I only use filtered water in it, as we have quite hard water in this area.
Highly recommend this to anyone with more than one pet.
on January 3, 2012
I bought this for my cats for Christmas and 2 out of 3 love it! I'm sure the third will eventually drink from it too.

It's easy to put together, easy to clean and it looks really nice.