Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Deathwish Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on September 14, 2012
I have relatively young children and I am usually pretty hard on my cellphone. So when I got my iPhone a year and a half ago, I immediately researched what would protect it from both me and the kids. The OtterBox Defender was just what the doctor prescribed! Let me tell you, in the year and a half my iPhone has been protected by this case, it has been abused.

I've dropped it down stairs, onto the driveway getting out of my car, off the couch (onto hardwood), off the kitchen table (onto ceramic tile), and the kids are constantly playing with my iPhone. I usually leave the phone on the top of a half wall in the foyer; the wall is 4 feet high with hardwood on one side and ceramic tile on the other. It falls off that wall occasionally. Unfortunately, a couple of weeks ago it dropped off the wall and the piece that keeps the case in the holster cracked (iPhone in case, case in holster). Had the Defender fallen without being in the holster, this would not have been an issue. The fact this has happened previously probably contributed. The OtterBox is is still intact (as is the holster), and the case still does the job of "defending" my pristine iPhone. Problem is that carrying this in my pocket is not really an option for me. As a guy, the holster is definitely the best way to go.

Anyway, I liked this product so much, I've bought another one! Maybe this time I'll take better care, but then again, probably not!

Update: I put in a warranty claim for my damaged case and Otterbox is replacing it. The whole experience was excellent, thus I have upgraded from 4 to 5 stars.
on August 3, 2012
I have butter fingers which is why I decided to protect my iphone.

Pros
-no denying how strong the protection of the otterbox is, my phone is in mint condition after mutiple hard falls.
-price was less than half versus ordering from a retailer

Cons
-the rubber makes it stick inside jean pockets, sometimes its difficult to pull the phone out of my pocket, infact 90% of the times I've dropped my phone is because the plastic sticks inside my pocket and when I try to pull it out it only comes out half way then falls.
-case gets full of dirt easily and has to be cleaned out sometimes (I bought a white one)
-only comes with one screen protector which is now destroyed but it appears to be integral to the case, hopefully I can pull it out without messing up the case
-the case has a big flap at the bottom for access to the charger, this is a big mistake there should have just been a hole. The flap is all streched out and loose, everytime I press the circle button it opens the flap, i'd cut it off but its holding the whole bottom of the case together against the phone so ya I'm probably gonna have to cut off that flap and glue it or something...
on January 11, 2012
On January 4th I placed my order and had it sent standard shipping I received by Otter Box today January 11 th andwasreally pleased with the shipping time. I was pleased that the otter box was packaged in original store packaging and the great price of the product. The otter box interior is a little clicky when squat together and I did nor like the fact that everyone i spoke to about this produ t told me to use another screen protector beneath the otter box to prevent scratches. This disappointed me, other then that tho, great service.
on June 5, 2012
Shipping was fast, customer service was good, but pretty sure the product is fake. Came inside plastic wraps instead of actual otterbox packaging, linear lines on the sides of the rubber case that real otterbox defenders don't have, the bottom flap that covers the charger can't be secured so it kind of just flaps around, has a strong synthetic smell that I am hoping will go away soon... A little bummed that it isn't real but for half the price it looks pretty close to the real deal and I doubt my phone will break if I drop it so I guess it does the job at the end of the day!
on June 11, 2013
I purchased this about a year ago, and found it to be unlike your other OtterBox cases. It is flimsy and gets flimsier (that's my new word "flimsier") the longer it's used - and tends to fall off all the time. I had to purchase another OtterBox to replace this one.
on February 22, 2013
I bought my iPhone 4S case at a fair price and my package arrived exactly on the estimated arrival time which was only 4 days after the purchase! The product was perfect and I absolutely adore it! It's exactly what I wanted with 0 flaws or problems! I am so happy with the service, shipment and product and I will definitely buy from them again! I recommend highly!!
on December 25, 2011
I reviewed the previous reviews before purchasing this product for my iPhone 4S. I removed the plastic cover inside that went over the proximity sensor, as someone suggested, and it works great. I also received it within 2-3 days of ordering.
on February 3, 2013
The Otterbox is THE BEST protective case for an iPhone...period. I bought this one for my daughter as I have hade one on my iPhone for 2.5 years now. I've dropped it (several times), sat on it, scratched the screen protector, got grease on it and even got water sprayed on it. No damage whatsoever to my iPhone. Awesome product!
on July 24, 2013
I was quite happy to find this product online as I couldn't find it in store. The prompt shipping was very beneficial to my situation. However, when the case arrived I was quite disappointed with the beaten up appearance of the box that my case was in. I ordered a new case, but based on the packaging it had been opened many times and perhaps even used. The case was fine, but if this had been a gift I would have been embarrassed to give it to someone.
on May 22, 2013
just replaced this otterbox after 2 years of abuse and it held up very well and I only replaced it because it was too scratched up from being in my pocket with keys.. I have recently replaced it with a new otterbox which is now made with cheap materials and poor quality.