countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

on November 12, 2012
Having owned a TI-83 since 1996, I knew I needed to get another Texas Instruments calculator to replace it. All of the reviews of the Nspire CX CAS were good, but they all dealt with using the calculator for school. Being a professional in a technical field, and using the calculator for various operations on a nearly daily basis, I can safely say that this is the most advanced and capable calculator I've ever owned. I use the spreadsheet and statistics functions mostly, and the calculator allows me to trend my results graphically. The spreadsheet entries can be imported into Excel and I can do screen captures of my calculations for inclusion into reports. If you're an engineer, a chemist, a physicist, or a statistician, I highly recommend this instrument, but you'll need to invest some time into overcoming the learning curve associated with using it.
Amazon.ca shipping was fast and emails kept me well informed of my order progress.
on September 2, 2013
As a high school student that had just bought a TI-84 I found the inference really hard to use and graphing functions seemed very dated. I'm very glad I decided to buy this as it is a superior calculator in every way. The trackpad is very helpful to plot points and being in colour makes it easy to distinguish multiple lines on a graph. It takes some time to learn how to use the various functions and shortcuts, but once you've learned the basics you'll wonder how you ever put up with your old TI-84.
The CAS functions that can solve for x (and much more) are very helpful in checking your answers. I would recommend this calculator to anyone that is beginning pre calculus or above levels of math.
on December 18, 2015
Super fast shipping, and nothing bad can be said about this calculator, I am an engineering student and this calculator is a great tool for all the math and science courses (linear algebra, differential, integral, and vector calculus, statics, dynamics, thermofluids, differential equations... you name it) Does everything I need, it's like having Matlab in your pocket but this is a little easier to learn.
on September 6, 2016
I use this calculator for my university level math courses and this is hands down the best calculator I have ever used. It was delivered earlier then expected ( which was awesome). This calculator is the best long term investment as it has full colour and the screen it self is pretty decent as well. Makes it very easy to distinguish in multiple graphs because of the Colour and you can even open a table of values right next to the graph(s). Although, it may be a little too much for high school students but still worth getting if you are planning on going into any program that is relevant to math. As for college and university whose major is finance, engineering and anything that has to do with math, this is a must buy! It does everything a normal, scientific and other graphing calculators do but it does is ten times better!
on August 12, 2014
TI has done a good job of developing a modern graphing calculator with built-in CAS. Although I certainly haven't tried all the features yet, I've run into a few annoyances, but nothing I would consider to be a firmware bug.
on November 24, 2012
Good product.
A little complicated to work with than ti-83/84+, but do a lot more.
Getting an included, rechargable battery is more practical than standart AA-AAA battery.
on June 7, 2014
This is a must have if you are really into complex harcore math. Is really fun to play around with it, and is really pretty much the only way to get the hang of it.
on May 13, 2012
This calulator helps me with mathematics. It makes substitutions, algebra, easier. It may not show you how it got the answer, but by seeing the answer you can figure out the equation. For example, on the graph you can see the intervals on the X and Y slopes, and this helps you to understand a multivariable eguation. I would highly recommend this CAS model for anyone learning mathematics.
on February 2, 2013
This calculator is very good. It exceeds my expectations by quite a lot.
This is a great product and not even that expensive considering the quality and things that you can do with it.
I would only recomend it when you take university classes it seems to be a little too much for high school.
on September 13, 2014
My calculator actually arrived a day early,which was awesome! I purchased this calculator since I am an engineering student and I wanted a graphing calculator that would be advanced enough and easy enough to use for statics and dynamics problems.