Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Love_Simon Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

KitchenAid KSM100PSOB Ultra Power Plus Stand Mixer, Onyx Black
Colour: Onyx Black|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 26, 2016
I bought this for my wife and the five stars come from her actually - although I get the credit for getting it. When I was looking at other reviews and comments about countertop mixers is having enough power to make dough/batter. I got a slightly larger model than I had initially planned to buy but it appears that was a lucky call. It has been used a fair bit over the past month and it has worked even with very stiff mixtures and the feedback was that is working well and not underpowered. One comment that I will make is that for the price of the unit, KitchenAid should have included one optional item - Flex Edge Beater (for Artisan, Ultra Power, Classic, and Custom Stand Mixers) - if you get this unit you pretty much need this and you should buy it at the same time. The flex edge beater is a great design and you will need it and it is less aggravation to buy it at the same time, rather than muttering under your breath. I had planned to get a coloured mixer but in hindsight, I am glad that I did not since the white colour does not show the flour dust that will get on it. My wife likes the fact that the unit has enough power, is easy to clean up and mixes even stiff blends with ease and thoroughly. The prices have gone a bit crazy with the change in the value of the $CDN so you will need to decide if the new price point justifies getting one but from a performance point, this is an excellent unit for the home cook who likes to cook.
3 people found this helpful
on November 24, 2015
This is now my favorite item in my kitchen. It makes all recipes so much easier. I sometimes bake several times a week, and it is so easy to clean to make frosting while the cake bakes. Colour is gorgeous too of course, I've always wanted the red one. I might want to upgrade to the Professional series one eventually for the bigger capacity but this is great for at least several years.
2 people found this helpful
on May 22, 2013
I bought this for my gf, she loves it! she has been wanting one for some time now and when she saw it she was very excited. The Empire Red is an excellent colour that will go well with almost any kitchen, comes with three attachments and a pour/mixing guard. Works perfect and in great condition. This mixer is perfect for at home with plenty of power. The 4 1/2 Qt. bowl is plenty big enough and will fulfill your mixing needs. If you read the warnings and follow directions you shouldn't have any issues. I think it has surpassed her expectations especially for the price. Thanks amazon for the excellent service!
One person found this helpful
on May 25, 2015
The bowl does not turn, which would be helpful when mixing all ingredients together. Also you cannot make a double batch as only one size bowl although deep is narrow. Adding ingredients difficult narrow top close to where beater attached. Many things to like about this product but a few enhancements would make it more versatile.
2 people found this helpful
on December 15, 2017
Makes such a difference having this mixer when baking. I never had such firm egg whites before. It feels solid built and lives up to its reputation. I have waited 20 years to get one as they are very expensive. So I hope it will last.
on March 13, 2016
arrived two weeks early! works amazing and it a gift that keeps giving because it makes wonderful food and because there are sooo many attachments you always know what you can buy someone who has one of these
on February 5, 2016
I used this unit just twice so far. It does what it meant to do. I never had a stand mixer before, but I guess this is the best you can get in terms of price and quality. No issues. Easy to use. My only concern is about the clear plastic pouring shield which seems fragile and it needs to be handled gently.
on November 2, 2017
My mom is going to love this... so happy.

on February 28, 2017
It's good but it 's not right for me so I returned it.
on March 15, 2018