countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on April 16, 2016
First of all, this thing is huge. I was expecting it to be about the same size as the Nespresso I was replacing, but it is easily double the size and almost the same height as my Breville espresso maker. This is a serious appliance, not a handy tool. Also, it does a terrible job of foaming the milk in that it does not foam it at all. It merely warms it. If that's all you want, use your microwave.
on October 17, 2014
product did not perform as expected. Returned original product thinking it was defective but replacement was also poorly performing with respect to shutting off well before temperature reached and not frothing milk with cappuccino attachment. Have gone back to using older, better working Capresso machine.
on November 25, 2015
Worked well for 3 weeks. Then intermittently it would stop frothing after beeping three times. Manual indicates this 3 beeps is an overheating error. Unit needs 5 minutes between froths. Unfortunately it does this upon 1st operation in the AM. I got it to work today, after it stopped by banging it hard, but my wife didn't. No hot milk in her coffee. I literally ran out of my house.
on January 25, 2014
We purchased this milk frother in July 2012. It worked a few times in the beginning, just often enough to dissuade us from returning it. When it did work, it would do so only after about 20 minutes of repeated tries, while our coffee got cold. The problem was that the disc would not spin when the button was pressed, or it would briefly spin, then would stop, and the device would beep three times. Now it does not work at all. We have tried all of the troubleshooting tips that we could find in the manual and online, including cleaning every component thoroughly. Nothing worked. From what I have read online, others have had similar experiences. I am shocked that Breville would damage their brand by putting on the market such a clearly defective product. I expected more from this item after paying $130.00 for it, and I expected better from this company, whose other products I have enjoyed and found to be well-made and reliable.
on March 23, 2015
We purchased this frother based on the largely excellent reviews. It worked well for a couple of months and then stopped. We followed the every tip we could find. Nothing has helped - no foam and finally, very little heat. It seems that this machine either works really well, or you get unlucky and get a lemon. We seem to have got a lemon. We'll purchase another foamed but not this brand.
on May 29, 2016
The frother worked beautifully for two months. One morning, we tried to start it and nothing happened. The fan ran but no lights on the start button, nothing. At this price, I expect it's useful life to extend well past two months!
on December 9, 2014
I am so disappointed in this purchase. Breville has made a very attractive little machine that is the most pathetic frother ever. I tried frothing all kinds of milk including nonfat and all I got was a half-inch bit of foam sitting atop warm (not hot) milk. Within two minutes, the little bit of foam that had formed had gone completely flat. This is not a frother. At best, it's a milk warmer/swirler. I returned the item. It is a complete waste of money.
on March 21, 2014
If you like lukewarm milk, froth or whatever then get this thing. Noisy. Finicky. Inconsistent. Overpriced. Junk. Get to know your saucepan and a whisk instead.
on January 17, 2016
Ne mousse pas les boissons d'amandes lait de coco lait de riz etc. Tres decu pour l'énorme prix.
on June 27, 2016
Does not foam with soy milk and does not get hot enough. Will be returning it.

See 1 answered question