countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on June 6, 2012
First I want to clarify that the 4 out of 5 star rating was only registered as a protest to the annoying packaging and issues getting access to your wonderful Blu-rays. If not for the hinderance that the packaging causes, this would be an easy 5 out of 5. Granted the collector booklet is also just fluff, and should not be considered a reason for purchase.

The wonderfully transfered and fixed up Blu-rays and the genius of Kubrick should be all the reason you need to drop some dough on this set (it is a great price when you consider the quality of the movies you will be getting). They are great and the speacial features are as good as you are going to get.

I love the movies but hate booklet style Blu-ray packaging. The interior design utilizing the movies posters and screen grads looks great, it is just the functionality of actually getting to your Blu-rays that frustrates.
on December 20, 2013
I don't typically care about the difference between DVD and Blu-ray but I made an exception for Kubrick.
Well worth buying even if you all ready have the titles on DVD.
on February 10, 2014
It's all of Kubrick. What more do you need to hear? If you're a fan of Kubrick it's a must.
on July 11, 2013
Not a single bad film in this collection... the only fault is that it doesnt contain his early works "The Killing" or "Paths of Glory".
on January 22, 2013
All Kubrick film in on Box set.A must for those who like this unique Director.
The insertion of DVD pose some problems.
on January 15, 2013
Each film is in great quality and the packaging itself is really nicely put together. Its Kubrick or film lovers dream.
on November 13, 2011
Tout est là, la qualité d'image, le son et du grand cinéma. On aurait aimé plus de films, mais ce qui a été choisi est excellent. On peut constaté que cet homme se donnait entièrement dans ses films.
I don't want to go into too much detail regarding this set; I don't want to talk about aspect ratios and so on. What I will say is that I am huge Kubrick fan, and I have bought all of his movies multiple times. Hopefully this will be the last time. I wanted Kubrick in hi-def and at this price, the cost per movie ratio is quite favourable. You get all of Stanley Kubrick's films from the period of Spartacus to Eyes Wide Shut. You also get the oft-reissued Life In Pictures documentary narrated by Tom Cruise.

If you're a Kubrick fan as well, then you don't just buy your favourite films, you buy them all. I don't think I would want to do without any of these movies in my collection. The only one that I watch seldomly is A Clockwork Orange. Reason being, I'm not too much a fan of the old ultra-violence. I do however appreciate it. I love all the other films tremendously, even the slow moving Barry Lyndon and Eyes Wide Shut. Both movies are gorgeous and absolutely look that way on blu-ray.

Of note, I believe that Barry Lyndon and Lolita are exclusives to this set, and the American Amazon site.

I chose to watch all the films in the order they were made. It sure brings to light the evolution of Stanley's style. It also highlights the wonderful and often diverse work of his actors, such as Peter Sellers.

There are special features here, I believe some of these movies have more special features if you buy them individually, as some are sold as two-disc sets. All movies here are single discs. Picture and sound were great, I have nothing to complain about.

The packaging of this set leaves something to be desired. Don't you hate when you spend a lot of money on something, and the discs slide in and out of cardboard sleeves? I prefer a disc to be in a plastic tray. They are less prone to scratching that way. These sleeves are doubly annoying because the discs really seem to lock in there. You really have to get a good grip on them and pull. Not too thrilled with that.

Otherwise, a good set. 4 stars.
on November 13, 2011
What's not to like! These are all great movies, although they are quite long. The video transfers and the sound are great. You also get a bonus disc and a short book giving some history on each of the films.
Some reviewers have complained about the packaging, ie the discs are difficult to get out of the paper sleeves.. Yes, it is a bit harder than usuual, but no big deal. I also read some reviews saying that their discs skipped. Happily, I can report no such problem. I would really recommend this set.
Happy viewing.
on October 15, 2011
great films high quality packaging discs do fit tightly into sleeves (better than to loose fast delivery not # editions mint condition