countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on November 26, 2011
I love this pen. Feels great in the hand and to use. The tip is a durable silicone with air inside. It gives a bit of a bouncy feeling when typing with on the iPad which is a good feeling. Also glides smoothly when writing with. I prefer the pen over using my fingers to navigate the iPad. At first I was hesitant to buy it because of the price, although I'm glad I did end up purchasing it. The tip is not too large and great with the Note Taker HD to make notes on the side margins of PDFs. Quality product!!
on December 13, 2012
This stylus is much more precise than the average, due to it's smaller tip as advertised. As a drawback to that however and due to the way touch screens are engineered to best respond to human fingers (significantly wider than the bamboo stylus tip), some glitches in responsiveness are noticed every once in a while.

The added weight gives this one a good feel in the hand, and renders using it less troublesome than lighter styluses.

Out of the box the sensitivity of the tip is flawless. My concern is for how long before a replacement tip is needed? Perhaps something to bear in mind during purchase.

All in all, a better stylus by comparison to the average - for a premium in price of course.
on January 13, 2017
Purchased the Bamboo Pen a few years back for my daughter for a gift. It was exactly what she was wanting. She likes to doodle with the pen and the smaller nib makes that happen. The overall quality and design is nice. No complaints... I would recommend if you are looking for a nice pen. I'm sure there are more professional pens but this one in particular one meets her expectations.
on January 28, 2016
I just picked this up from the mailbox yesterday. Yet, I really do not find it any better than the fibre tipped one I already own. Now, the iPad is configured for a human finger. Which is fair enough. So, these tools are trying to fool the software into thinking that is what is on the screen. Big challenge it seems? I did find the pen to be more effective using the Bamboo Paper app. Than using my drawing app. Given the price of this pen tool. I would say ... "good value". When one compares it to the pricier bluetooth models. Which I am toying with buying next?
on January 28, 2013
I really like this stylus because it's easy to use, glides smoothly over the ipad surface and has a relatively small tip so is quite precise. The only unfortunate thing about it is that the nib (tip) tears sometimes, especially if it's not taken care of very well. Then it needs to be replaced. It's pretty easy to replace though and I've had no other issues otherwise.
on March 6, 2012
I purchased the iPad2 for work. I am in sales in the technology industry and I wanted to be able to "take notes" during meetings electronically and attach the electronic documents to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I was told that not all styluses are well suited for note taking. I researched alternative styluses and the Bamboo stylus was highly rated for note taking. I purchased the Bamboo stylus and it is awesome. I have tried a couple of note taking apps and I find Note Taker HD the best app for my requirements.
on November 29, 2012
Bought this pen based on internet reviews.
After I got it, no regrets...fantastic product.
Did everything I expect it to do. Threw out the other pens I purchased previously.
Awesome price on Amazon!
on June 7, 2012
I have owned a slew of different stylus'. I use them all the time on my iPad 2, for general navigation but also for extensive note taking on the Note Shelf app and for some occasional drawing and sketching. I decided to try the Bamboo stylus mainly because it has received good reviews. Overall it's a nice stylus. It is well made and feels like an expensive stylus (which it is).

The iPad responds very well to the rubber nib, which is the smallest one I have seen, so very good for writing. I was taking notes all day today on my iPad in a seminar and the Bamboo is the best writing stylus I have yet to use.

I gave this stylus four stars because, although it is relatively well balanced and feels good in the hand, it (like many other stylus') is shorter than a regular pen. I don't understand why manufacturers can't produce a stylus that is the same length and weight of a normal pen! Other than this small objection, this is the best stylus I have used so far (and I have tried a lot) for writing on the iPad.

Another feature I would like to see is the inclusion of a regular pen for writing on paper. I have owned a number of stylus' that also had pens built in, but they were not great quality. If Bamboo came out with a stylus of this quality, longer and with a regular pen built in it would be unbeatable.

OK.......I'm an idiot. Just found the Bamboo stylus that also has a pen in it! My bad. So, changing this review to 5 stars. I rdredd the "duo" and will review.
on September 17, 2014
For its price, I don't think you can complain that much.
It does work on my iPad air as I take notes with the Bamboo app from the Apple Store.
The weight and feel of this stylus in the hand does feel nice. It is just a bit heavier compared to the BIC pens that you can buy at office depot.

The only problem that people might have with this product is the precision and the rubber tips. Depending on how you write, you might find it weird at first, but after I got used to it, it is fine.

Definitely recommended if you don't want to spend another $20 for the adjonit pro products.
on January 5, 2013
Has a nice brushed metal texture for holding, and it very responsive on my ipad mini. I am an art student and have taken to using the app Procreate + this stylus as a digital sketchbook. This stylus makes it a lot more comfortable and natural to sketch than with your finger. I haven't tried writing notes with it, personally I'd just use the keyboard or real pen and paper.