countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on June 26, 2013
An entertaining mix of drama, suspense, humour and spectacular computer generated cinema but may cause young people a few nightmares.
on February 16, 2013
Jurassic Park being older then the two others, its just marginaly better then DVD.
Lost World and III are good blu-rays.
on June 19, 2017
These are pretty cool and very handy! what a deal for the money So these are not what I was expecting...but I love them!!. I was pleasantly surprise by how much I loved this.. I will be buying more!! we were very pleased to have them. I am very pleased with my purchase. They are so awesome. And really good quality
on November 23, 2013
Wow could not get enough of these movies love the sound effects in these movies as well thank you very much
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 28, 2003
This is more a review of the box set. My room-mate has the 2disc box set (before JIII came out) and I have the DTS edition of Jurassic Park. The difference between the DTS 5.1 on mine and the Dolby Digital on his is astounding. Remember that Steven Spielberg pioneered DTS (Digital Theatre Sound) and this was the first movie to have it. Do yourself a favour if you have a home theatre system and make sure you buy these movies separately with the DTS track on them. It's unbelievable. And with Spielberg signing on to direct Jurassic Park IV and Michael Crichton possibly writing it I would suggest staying away from box sets for the most part unless, like Godfather, you can be sure another sequel is impossible.
on April 2, 2004
With the first "Jurassic Park," ILM broke new ground in CGI special effects. They created dinosaurs that looked incredibly real, and at the time people really didn't know how it was done. I figured it had something to do with computers and the same technology that was used for The Abyss, Terminator 2, and one of the Sherlock Holmes movies back in the 80's ("Young Sherlock Holmes" perhaps?), but still had no idea how it was done, and had never seen anything like it before. This was truly a unique experience. This film told many other film-makers, like George Lucas, Peter Jackson, etc., that anything that could be imagined could be made into a film, which is the reason why we now have the Star Wars Special Editions, the Star Wars Prequels, The Lord of the Rings, and countless other great sci-fi/fantasy films being made. For this reason, as well as the great thrill ride of a story that the first Jurassic Park gave us, this movie is among the greats.
"The Lost World: Jurassic Park," gave us an even better dino flick than the first one did, raising the bar in what could be done with CGI and animatronics as well as creating an even more fun story. And the story got even scarier at times than the first one. I especially liked it when the T-Rex got loose in San Francisco.
With "Jurassic Park III," we got a pretty good dinosaur movie. I didn't think it was as good as the first two, but it was a lot of fun. And we got Pteranadons this time! Well, we got one at the end of The Lost World, but we got a bunch of them this time, and they were sweet! Hopefully in JP4 they'll have the Quetzalcoatlus, which is even larger than the Pteranadon! The whole smart Raptors think got a little carried away I think, but it wasn't as weird after the second viewing. But ultimately, this movie has some amazing special effects shots of both dinos and landscapes, and it's a lot of fun. The only real problem I have with it is that the story isn't as involved as the other two, and it's too short. It's approx. 40 minutes shorter than the previous two films, which is a dramatic change in length of time. Terminator 3 did the same thing too. Also, I thought there were some shots (but not many) of the CGI dinosaurs that weren't rendered as well as the others.
The fourth disc contains special features for all three films. I haven't checked out all the special features, but one that was really cool for JP3 was the ILM show or whatever it's called. They had a cool comparion shot reel where they show you the regular shot a couple of times, asking you to guess what's CGI and what's animatronic. I could usually tell, but that was more because of the movement capable with a CGI dinosaur vs. the movement capable with an animatronic dinosaur. We all just know that animatronics are limited in their movement, so they'll bring in a CGI dinosaur when they need more movement and overall capabilities from a creature. But the light, shadow, texture and overall look of both the CGI dinos and the animatronic dinos looked identical to me. It's pretty amazing.
Another special feature I watched was the JP2 Compi dance. That was pretty amusing.
And of course each film disc also has special features included.
Good/Great films, great DVD set.
on January 24, 2014
"I don't know what copy I got from this new Blu-Ray of "Jurassic Park"but I'm telling you,
the other people that give this a five and four stars is Nuts,I'm so disappointed in the sound
quality,my D.V.Ds. are WAY better,and this supposed to be 7.1 Master Audio,the picture quality is
not that bad, it could've been Way better than this,I'm not even going to try to tell how much I love
all the movies,and what's already been said about them,that's not already been said,and it's not even
in 2.35:1. plus,the Special Features is not even in High Def..this is how little time it took them to do this,
I think it's just a D.V.D.transfer to blu-ray.that's a bloody shamed...
Four stars for the movie itself ****,so I will put one star on for sound and picture quality to this review..
Very Disappointed????
on June 26, 2004
When this set came out we decided that we had to have it as our previous versions were on VHS. The bonus with this set of four is the fourth disk with all the wonderful extra features. If you enjoy learning how movies are made the fourth disk, while long, is a great companion to the three movies themselves.
"Jurassic Park" introduced us to digital dinosaurs, and how fearsome they could be with modern computer technology. This movie advanced horror and monsters movie in a method similar to the way "Alien" advanced movies. "Jurassic Park" immediately became an audience favorite and the new standard by which special effects would be judged. Stephen Spielberg effectively combined in-your-face terror with special effects to keep people at the edge of their seats and in awe of the life-like creatures.
"The Lost World" unfortunately did not measure up to "Jurassic Park." Many of the characters were unbelievable and there were too many plot holes that were too readily visible to make the movie enjoyable from beginning to end. While there were several parts of the movie that were well-done, there were at least as many parts where the actions of the characters was unrealistic when considering how people in their positions would normally behave. The bumps in actions of the characters just did not allow me to focus on the plot throughout. Another problem with this movie is that it focused too much on action, and very little on the characters themselves. Thus, the movie comes across as more of a cartoon than a horror movie.
"Jurassic Park III" simplified the plot, added new dinosaurs, and allowed the characters to develop more than "The Lost World." The short length of the movie forced the movie to be more simple than the previous movie, and that simplicity makes for a good movie. The best new dinosaur in this movie had to be the pteranodons, though the spinosaur was great also. The characters in this movie generally acted as I would expect them to, and there were fewer outright acts of stupidity. Even the theft of a raptor egg was done in ignorance. So while it was a convenient plot device, you would expect something like that by someone with only minimal knowledge of dinosaurs. I was very happy to see Sam Neill returning in the role of Dr. Alan Grant. His character particularly is very believable.
If you have yet to buy all these movies, and you thought they were all at least good, if not great, this set is an excellent addition to a home video library.
on February 17, 2002
Once again a jurassic park boxset is offered but without DTS sound on the first 2 discs,so my 2 choices are:buy them individually and miss a tremendous amount of extras,or buy the boxset and the individual dvd's so as to have all the extras and the amazing DTS sound transfer.I know i'm not doing either,this is another outrage to the fans.DTS was included on the 3rd disc,was it too much to ask to include it on the previous ones in the trilogy.I'll wait until there is a boxset with all the extras and 6.1 DTS surround sound,it's inevitable.
on April 2, 2012
The dollar value of this trilogy was immense and these movies have been a family favourite for a long time. Excellent addition to everyones movie collection.