countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Size: Small|Change

on July 9, 2016
I am very fussy about what types of treat dispensing toys my dog gets, because she breaks everything and is very good at getting kibble out. We need something difficult to get kibble out of, which is easy to get kibble IN.

This toy LASTS in a way the others haven't, due to the egg shape-even when she's picked it up with the kibble at the bottom which SHOULD fall through the hole, they don't fall easily. The first try took almost an hour to feed-including one moment of frustration, because it's not just about rolling it everywhere!

The toy twists easily, for filling and cleaning. 5 gold stars for ease.

The toy rolls on hardwood as well as carpet (which is why I was looking for a new toy, as our previous favorites did well only on carpet). The rubber bumpers around the side make it very gentle on the floors from our limited use so far.

I love it! This is definitely a new favorite.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 15, 2016
Update. Love this so much bought the large for my friend's 70 lb lab puppy... its been a hit with both of our dogs. Durable and still after months their daily favorite. I know when its dinner time as my guy gets it and rolls it around.

Best dog toy ever!

I have a mini dachshund and this is exactly what I have been looking for. My guy is a rescued show/stud and he never learned to play. But he loves food, so this is a win win for us. It gives him mental stimulation and exercise and he had a blast. I laughed so hard as I could see him figuring it out.
It's just big enough that can carry it a little bit to get out of tight corners (by the opening) but not so large that he can bite down and possibly break it or his few remaining teeth... :'( bad breeder!

But he has me now so life is good and I'll be using this for all his meals. Now only if I can find where it got to! Lol

It is easy to clean and no moving bits like the cat treat dispenser balls that get gummed up and nasty. I might have to buy a few more so don't have to search under the bed first thing in the morning ... lol!

It was easy enough to adjust the opening to fit his kibble. I do recommend that you go slow in the trimming here thought. But even if it was too large the ball is egg shaped so nothing comes out if it is just rolled. It isn't until they get it really going and or trying to work it out of a jamb that the holes (one on either end) will let a bit fall out. This will hold a days meals, it is really quite large, but I feed him two divided meals and snacks daily so there is room to spare if you were wondering!
on May 3, 2016
Thank goodness for the reviews! My thanks to all the previous reviewers as there are absolutely no instructions. Our dog's kibble is fairly small sized so I was hesitant to trim any of the tabs at either end. I ended up trimming the tabs at the narrower end so it made it a bit easier to fill the feeder ball - nothing came out until I trimmed. I experimented and trimmed gradually to allow just enough out to keep our older dog happy. The "stinky treat" suggestion was a great one - I put a scoop of kibble in with a strong smelling bacon treat that's been cut into tiny pieces. Our dog loves it and it keeps her occupied for about an hour. We work long days and I like to think that it helps her to be mentally stimulated while we are gone. She bats the Kibble Nibble around fairly aggressively but is a gentle dog, so I'm not sure how helpful that is. Very pleased with the product!
on May 30, 2015
I am a dog trainer and one of the things I recommend to all my clients is to feed their dog in a toy. My own dog has always had her meals in toys, but this is the best one I found so far. I have a very smart little sheltie, and this one is the only one that is difficult enough to give her a good work out. She actually pants by the time she is finished eating! I used the Omega paw treat ball for a long time, wich was good but much easier, but I trhew it away after reading on the possible toxicity of vinyl. Premier Petsafe is one of the only companies that certifies that the materials they use are non-toxic. Love it! Also, the great thing that differenciates this toy from the others is that it is super easy to clean!
on May 13, 2016
Exactly as pictured; keeps my dog busy for quite some time so I usually leave it for her when I'm leaving the house to distract her. The openings have plastic "teeth" that you can trim to adjust for the size of the treat - my only recommendation is to trim less than you think you actually need to, test it, then trim again if necessary.
on July 20, 2016
Delivered on time and as described. This toy is not suitable for smaller breeds, but it is very suitable for a mid-sized to a larger dog. It provides my Bernese Mountain dog and my Boston Terrier with hours of fun.I recommend this product
on March 4, 2016
My 3.5 month old, 40lb pup LOVED this toy. Unfortunately would get it unscrewed within 5 minutes, and we were forever chasing it around to tighten it up so she wasn't getting it completely open. It's was also pretty noisy banging around on our hardwood.

Finally, after less than two months, it was cracked in two places and would barely keep together so we chucked it.
on September 4, 2015
We bought two of these for two puppies, but actually one alone is great for our pups to share as it's more of a fun game for them to play together. It's a great way to feed kibble in a slow manner, while the dog must play with the ball to earn their food. They never quite get all the kibble out, as when it runs low, it's harder to get it out. It's a great, rewarding toy that keeps them busy for a bit. Obviously it can be a bit noisy, so we usually let them have it outside. So far, it seems to be quite sturdy. I do think it's their favorite food dispensing toy.
I would definitely recommend this toy to others.
on February 15, 2016
This is so great. It used to take my puppy less than 5 minutes to finish his food and now it can take up to 20-30 minutes.

The product is made of a hard plastic, very durable and I didn't have any issues with my puppy being able to open it (he's only 5 lbs). It is a little loud but that could be true of any of his toys. He was able to pick up how to use it quite quickly.

My one recommendation would be to have adjustable prongs on the ends rather than having to cut off the prongs for different sized food.
on January 13, 2015
I've used this twice to feed my Labrador Retreiver and both times it has popped open! Argh! It kind of defeats the purpose of him working for the food when he pops the darned thing open. The feeder is also very loud when it hits/rolls around on the floor. The only upside to this food dispenser is that it holds two cups of food. Not worth buying.