countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Size: Small|Change
Price:$3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 9, 2014
Pros:
- Easily fits my dog's kibble and small treats. Rubber is flexible enough to squeeze in a large treat.
- Two sides to stuff keeps my dog busy
- Durable: my dog chews on this and tosses it around
- Can be made less difficult by cutting the rubber "spikes" inside that keep the food in.
- Great price: you won't find a cheaper treat dispensing toy that works this well.

Cons:
- Hard to clean with the small opening (update: can put in dishwasher)
- Although durable, my dog has manged to chew through the rubber after a few months (bear in mind we stuff these every day with his food and he is a large dog)

Update:
After a few months I've noticed my dog has mastered his technique and can get his treats out in the fraction of the time. I had originally cut down the "spikes" to make it easier for him and now wish I hadn't. If it seems too difficult at first, your dog will learn. As well, after a few months of chewing, the vents on the balls are slowly starting to open wider. I have now bought 4 of these over the course of a year and have thrown 1 out due to enough wear and tear that it wasn't holding food.

Regardless, still the best treat dispensing toy I've bought. I will be purchasing another.
on April 25, 2016
I ordered one for each dog. They loved trying to get treats out. Unfortunately the smell is overwhelming. I put them through the dishwasher and still a strong perfumey smell = chemicals. Putting something that is emitting that strong an odor into my dogs' mouths for hours can't be good. Plus made in China. :( I threw them out.
on April 24, 2016
My dog had no interest in this. He is crazy for treats and likes chewing on toys but this held no interest for him. I also found that I couldn't pull the treats out even with cutting off all of the holder prongs and standing on the ball ends to try to break the pieces up.
on May 12, 2016
My 22 lbs dachshund loves this toy in size Small. It's pretty fun watching him play with it and it doesn't make much sound (just bouncing rubber when he is throwing it across the room). I use this specifically for his liver treats after he finishes his dinner and he gets a good 20-60 min play time with it! It is too small however to use it as a kibble feeder but works great as a treat dispenser. I think you can even put peanut butter in the grooves of the edges if your dog is a fan of that :)
on April 29, 2016
The price was very good for this item however my puppy does not like it. I think it has a strong gross rubber taste as it has a strong gross rubber smell. Whenever my puppy picks it up he spits it out right away and licks the air. My puppy LOVES kongs. Kongs are way better in my opinion. They don't have the strong rubber smell and I think they taste better.
on July 14, 2016
It's challenging and fun but the treats come out one tiny piece at a time so my dog loses his interest after a while. We use it to give him his food so by the end of the day he'll have food left over which I presume is bad for an active puppy. It is definitely a fun toy though and challenging cause at some point he has to pick up the toy and throw it around to get the treats. He seems to like it for like 30-40 mins but then he gets bored or frustrated and moves on.
on July 15, 2016
Didn't think it was going to be as strong as it is (my Rottweiler puppy destroy almost all of his toys)... here is a picture of how big the "LARGE" looks like. What a GREAT PURCHASE AT THIS PRICE! Came the day the delivery was expected.
review image
on April 15, 2016
My 12 week old pup will NOT go near this toy because is smells so bad. I have tried soaking in soapy water, drenching with making soda and it still smells. Kong products are far superior in this regard.
on May 9, 2016
Unlike other pet toys that usually get smelly, this toy will always have a nice scent to it. Additionally, it's built with tough materials that will keep your dog busy, sure they can eventually destroy it, but it will last waaay longer than other toys.
on January 19, 2015
My dog is quite a chewer and destroys Tuff Toys in minutes....even the 10 rating ones.
I was worried he'd rip this thing apart but so far hasn't been able to even make a dent. He is very interested in it and keeps chewing, playing tug of war with it and fetching, even with no treats in it.

Cons: I tried the treat thing, even cutting spikes to get the treats out easier...but to no avail. So in terms of a treat dispensing toy - this one failed for me.
Still happy as my pup seems interested and eager to chew but is not able to destroy it.

See 1 answered question