Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Vinyl Day sports Tools

Customer reviews

on August 3, 2013
I was super impressed by the quality and craftsmanship of this hand mixer, but I guess I should not have expected anything less from the leading brand specializing in some of the best stand mixers on the market. It feels sturdy and solid, not flimsy like the typical $10 mixer you get from the supermarket/drugstore, and the attachments work great. I love the color! So different. It also arrived in about 2 days even with standard shipping!
on February 19, 2013
Have to admit that I lucked out on this one. My wife just fried our old hand mixer trying to make shortbread when I got an email from Amazon advertising a special price on this item so I ordered it asap.

We've only had occasion to use it a couple of times but it works great and has lots of power (no test on shortbread yet). Since it came with three extra attachments it was a great bargain. Yes, it is Apple Green, but since this reminds me of my mother's old appliances I call it "Retro".
on April 9, 2013
I have a KitchenAid stand mixer which I love and use for most of my baking needs, but some jobs require a hand mixer, for example, making 7-minute frosting or even beating in eggs for a choux pastry right in the pot. The hand mixer is perfect for those uses. The immersion attachment also works very well for blending ingredients in a small bowl. I really like it!
on March 16, 2017
It's KitchenAid, so you know it's great. And it is. Love, love, love the colour.
on April 25, 2013
I ordered this in January while it was on sale and I am extremely pleased with it. I've used my mom's sunbeam one in the past which I accidentally killed partially by using it to whip cream cheese....

I debated between this and the Cusinart 5 speed hand mixer: I only make cakes so I only needed a hand mixer that will perform the smaller prep work (whipping cream, eggs, and cupcakes) and not a heavy duty one -heavier mixing will be done with the mixer stand (cream cheese, butter). The Cuisinart one is heavier (by a pound, I believe) and I have smaller hands and not too much strength to hold the hand mixer for too long on the counter top, especially when I have to beat something over a pot of boiling water (did I mention I'm short as well?). The Kitchenaid one also has a better hand-held design: the width of the handle is a lot thinner, so it's easier to grasp (comfortably!!) for those with smaller hands. In addition, the beaters have no center poles, which makes scrapping out the contents so much easier and doesn't accumulate to the top of the beaters.

Prior to settling for the kitchenaid one, I've also looked the 7 speed model for both brands, which has an electronic speed control. Not that I do not have faith in technology, but the chances of technology failing (aka not turning on), in my opinion, is higher than mechanical failure. Other reviews also stated that the addition of the two speeds is not a necessity, and considering that I only bake cakes and occasionally muffins, it was not a huge deal to me.

The best part was while both mixers were on sale, for $10 more, I got the Kitchenaid mixer that I wanted soo much more, in a nice colour too!

Overall, if weight and handling is an important aspect along with your baking needs (only cakes and lighter baked goods), I would highly recommend the Kitchenaid 5 speed-hand mixer over the Cusinart 5 speed one. I have yet to try out the other beaters. The motor is also very quiet, yet powerful.
on October 18, 2012
A great purchase! No regreats. Easily mixes any batter that I've tried. Quiet. The beaters wash up in a matter of minutes. I would reccommend this product.KitchenAid KHM5APGA 5-Speed Hand Mixer, Green Apple
on January 25, 2013
Excellent mélangeur à main, beau et efficace. Reçu rapidement. Je conseille ce produit qui semble être très efficace en plus d'être joli, léger et bien conçu. Bravo.
on March 1, 2013
Got this on sale, and it is so worth it! It has tons of power for a little mixer, and I love the color. The beaters and dough hooks work great, but the beverage rod didn't work as well as I had hoped (I don't think the mixer spins fast enough for this attachment). That is the reason that I gave it only 4 stars, but I still highly recommend it!
on January 19, 2013
Great price for this light weight mixer (got it on sale). Easy cleanup and good for those jobs that don't require getting out the big mixer. Have done meringues several times without any problem. And the color makes me happy!
on February 27, 2013
Great little mixer. Used it right away to whip up a batch of cookies. No complaints. Nice pop of colour too! Shipping was lightning fast :)