countdown Learn more All-New Kindle Music Deals Store boutiques-francophones Tools sports vpcflyout Pets

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on September 15, 2012
This product was like new, and was shipped amazingly quickly. The Help is a very touching and well-acted story about the deplorable conditions under which colored maids worked in the deep South under the infamous 'Jim Crow' laws. These women were over-worked and under-paid - and very under-appreciated. Nonetheless, it was a touching story.
on February 3, 2012
My husband and I listened to the CDs of the book The Help and found it very good. I bought the DVD for him for Christmas. We enjoyed the actors and seeing the story come to life but it wasn't as poignent as the book. There were too many changes that made the story too fluffy.

I was happy with the service from the seller.
on June 6, 2013
This movie was recommended to me and I liked it for the story line even though some of the dialogue was " over done ". I would certainly recommend it to everyone, especially those who think they need a " nanny, housekeeper etc. " And especially to some of my caucasian friends.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon August 23, 2013
It's easy to understand why this movie won awards. This is one to be watched over and over again. A difficult subject, racial discrimination, is met head-on, in a fascinating story with superb acting. This really is a must-see. You won't be disappointed.
on March 20, 2014
After waiting so long to watch this movie, I finally bought it and loved it! This is an excellent movie with great actors. It has humor and sadness. You find yourself laughing along with the movie and hurting when they hurt. Very engaging movie. Loved it!
on January 9, 2012
Anybody out there looking for a good movie you have come to the right place for a review of this movie. Definitely recommend you buy the movie it is really a good movie with lots of popcorn and maybe a few tissues. You will love it.
on December 25, 2012
This book was so amazing. It gives you a really good idea on what life was like in that time. How hard certain people had it. Very emotional, entertaining at times, and just overall such a good book! A definite must read
on September 20, 2014
another good movie, deep and must concentrate on the storyline,,,, just to see how the black people were treated,,, I remember those horrible days of racists in the states, we are all of the same,
on November 16, 2014
A well acted film that shows the way it was back in the old days. Except the old days weren't so long ago, it was an eye opener for me as I wasn't brought up in north America.
on December 23, 2012
This movie made me laugh and cry. It is entertaining and thought provoking. It gives us a small taste of what it was like to be a black woman at that time. Very inspirational.