Top critical review
One person found this helpful
on April 14, 2013
I agree with all the negatives about this schlock. I will only add the following:
- It's a shame Michael Bay can make a living doing this.
- Frances McDormand - typical over the top female character with too much undeserved power.
- Buzz Aldrin? Talk about reaching for an audience.
- Leonard Nimoy, you're still one of my heroes. But only just - though I'm sure you don't care. Do you really need money that bad?
- Huntington-Whiteley: not a replacement for Fox by any stretch of the imagination. (Turns out Megan made the right move by sending Bay packing!)
- John Malkovich: when are you going to do something you can be proud of?
Alright, enough of that.
The wacky intro to the movie was fun but the rest is such a mess. It's like a bowl of spaghetti. The first film was exciting with great action, great special effects and CGI and a good story. Compared to the following two it should have won an Academy Award. When you watch this film you ask yourself: how can some of these actors have ever been considered talented? LaBoeuf is as bad in this as he was good in the first.
PS: I can't believe huge robot dogs can outrun a Ferrari 458!!!