countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty Furniture Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on February 11, 2012
My son bought me this food processor in the fall of 2011. I have been using this processor almost everyday for making salads, stir fry, soups, etc. My son loves Asian radish that is thinly julienned (like the way sushi restaurants rest sashimi on a bed of thinly julienned radish). I used a Japanese Mandolin for this job, but no longer. There is a lever at the front that I can use to adjust the size of vegetable slices and juliennes. It works really well. I use this adjustable lever all the time - don't need to remove and replace discs to get different sized vegetables. The lid and work bowl, when closed, is well sealed. I don't have any leaking issues. Flour was a problem with my old food processor. My old Oster food processor would leak flour all over the outside of bowl and kitchen counter. I no longer have this problem. The controls on the base are a good size. I never press the wrong button and it is easy to press. The processor is light enough for me to carry from kitchen shelf to counter. The large work bowl opening to feed vegetable into processor is wide enough to put food in without a lot of cutting beforehand, and the small opening is a good size for smaller items. It is powerful enough for all my tasks. It is easy to clean and comes with a case full of accessories. I like it when manufacturers put accessories in a container so I don't lose parts. The work bowl is BPA free. I've been switching to glass storage containers since 2010. I have been getting rid of my old Rubbermaid plastic food containers, so it is nice knowing the plastic work bowl is BPA free. Overall, I enjoy using the Kitchenaid Food Processor as it saves my hands from slicing and cutting a lot of vegetables. Btw, I save any leftover chunks of vegetables that doesn't get sliced in the processor. I found out many years ago that most food processors have this issue. I learned watching the Food Channel to save any leftover chunks of vegetables like carrots that doesn't get sliced or julienned. I just collect them and freeze them until I make vegetable soup stock. Enjoy!
on June 20, 2012
We purchased this processor with high expectations. We originally had an old Braun, which I was happy with but couldn't get replacement parts for. We then purchased a Kitchenaid processor, but the center of the bowl was very low so it limited the amount of liquid that could be put in. We really liked our other Kitchenaid so we were excited to get the new Exact-a-slice.
The first thing I wanted to try was pie dough, since I was making a cherry pie. I wanted to use the pulse option but having the soft-start motor, it just didn't give me the control I wanted. I would push the pulse and it would take about 5-10 seconds before the motor would engage. That is not what I was expecting. Then I decided that I would just use the on button and turn it off after a few seconds. There was very little power when just turning it on, very unexpected, espcially being Kitchenaid's newest and greatest machine. Well the blade disengaged from the shaft (you have to push it down and it snaps in). I didn't notice it right away but noticed that it just wasn't mixing the ingredients together. I took the lid off and tried to take the blade out. The blade was somehow fused to the shaft and wouldn't disengage. I had to yank the bowl off to be able to get the blade to release. The shaft was actually rounded off and the plastic from the shaft was stuck inside the blade where it attaches to the shaft.
To say the least I was very disappointed. I have been using food processors for about 20 years and haven't been really disappointed until now. I can't recommend this processor, poor quality, poor power output.
on May 19, 2017
Works well but not easy to clean.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon April 10, 2013
We own several other Kitchenaid small appliances and this food processor doesn't live up the quality we associate with the brand.

Other reviews have covered some of the issues such as the "soft start" that defeats the purpose of the pulse button and a tendency for the whole machine to jump around, causing the bowl to unlock itself.

I could probably overlook the above problems except for one critical flaw: the spindle attached to the motor is PLASTIC and of a design that tends to wear and melt. Other brands may use plastic for their spindles but they're more positively "keyed" so that they don't slip. This KitchenAid isn't that intelligently designed.

Much like the lack of positive locking of the bowl, the spindle doesn't positively lock to the cutting heads, despite following the instructions to push it down until it clicks. After a few weeks of very light use, the motor won't turn the spindle without grinding it out after which it won't turn at all.

The nesting bowl is problematic to install; there's no clear indication of what direction is "correct" so you just end up rotating it by trial and error until it fits.

The bowl does NOT positively lock into place, even when it's supposedly locked into place. A bit of vibration will jar it loose.

This food processor is an awful design that caused us much frustration and wasted time. Fortunately, we've been able to return it to the store for a full refund. Save yourself the trouble and DON'T BUY THIS MODEL.

Cuisinart makes an excellent model in the same price range, the FP-14DCC 14-cup Elite model. Buy that one, not this KitchenAid.
on December 21, 2011
The multi-purpose blade broke the first time I used the food processor (blending dried dates). The product was immediately replaced without any hassle. After only a month using the appliance, the multi-purpose blade has again failed (this time blending nuts). The mini-blade with mini-bowl addition has never been a problem, however I didn't buy this food processor for only half its capability. The primary blade is awfully weak; and for a higher-end Kitchenaid food processor to fail twice within a month is simply unacceptable. I cannot recommend this food processor.
on February 1, 2013
After my old KA food processor bowl broke (4 years old) I decided to upgrade my food processor rather than replace the part.

Pros:
Large, and with the seal around the bowl and locking blades it doesn't leak like my old one did

Cons:
Too many parts - the lid alone has 4 different pieces which often end up on the floor when it forget and take the lid off.
The blade starts slowly and speeds up which doesn't help to process things very well. My old processor could turn shredded coconut into coconut butter in a matter of a couple of minutes. This new one needs much longer, more bowl scrapping and I usually have to add a little melted coconut oil to get the liquifying process started.

UPDATE - I went through 2 different machines, the first ordered through Amazon, and the blade failed. I returned it via KitchenAid and they sent me a new one. The exact same thing failed AGAIN. This time I just wanted my money back. Finally in June 2013 KA sent me a refund cheque. I see other reviewers have had issues with the blade as well. Both times it failed I was processing blanched, very thinly sliced almonds - something this machine should have been able to handle easily. I have since bought a Kitchen Ninja that works extremely well as a food processor (no slicing though) and blender. For less money, it has more power and has held up far beyond what this processor did.
on September 22, 2012
Good quality product, easy to use and clean. Used it many times. Definately would recommend this product if you are looking for a robust food processor
on January 30, 2012
Well done product, powerfull, can hold large quantities. Processing has never been easier, I love it! The only drawback is comes time to clean it up, some accessories (lids) are not clean-up friendly and food pieces are hard to remove.
on June 16, 2017
This is an Easter present for my kids. i received it on time and my kids said it is fantastic. good price also I placed another order this morning, I hope it could be as well as the former one. I am very fond of. Beyond my imagination, I think it might be bad. But when I received, I am very satisfied.Great product, most people do not believe I'm in the Amazon at such a low price to buy it.
Excellent product and shipped fast. I recommend this product make a huge difference
on January 17, 2012
I was expecting much better from Kitchen Aid. Poorly designed 3 pc feed tube is difficult to operate smoothly. Open areas between cover and blades allows large quantities of food to jam up and never get processed. Motor bogged down when making bread crumbs out of a 3 day old loaf. Huge base takes up a large area of the counter and the unit won't fit under the upper cabinets with the lid on. I would send it back but we dropped the 3 pc feeder and it cracked and broke a few pieces off. I would give it 0 stars but the system won't take anything less than 1 star.

See 1 answered question