countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on August 11, 2017
I read the book first. The movie really respect the book and the actors really fit the description of the characters in the book . However, the storyline is poor (like the book) and the movie doesn't have any interest for anyone who hasn't read the book first.
on August 12, 2013
the plot is same as the novel which is very good, i didn't realize it was male-oriented till the end, very good
on July 25, 2014
love love love this movie i watch over and over
on January 11, 2013
Here we have a movie in which an american is in europe in a love relationship..and we have no spies, nopolitics, no
shootings, just a romantic tale..and it is being shown on all these north american screens. I find that a conventional tale is given a change of locale..although the characters we are used too here show up heere as well.
If we removed the accents..can we imagine the tale being filmed here? I certainly thought so..having said that I listened to the commentary before writing on it, and they mentioned that anne hathaway seemed european..what exactly that means I'm notsure..a photo..the bangs in her hair..no voice..just..is that more acceptable? Is that what anyways those thoughts didnt cross my mind..the weakness of the film..is her character is too strong, forceful, has some will and the males are occupying space for the most part..and that ruins the dramatic effect? You wonder why they are together..also in closeups and throughout..she is appealing and they are problematic figures..this may have something to do with the novel..though I'm not sure but the film really focus on their emotions as their relationship
splinters and breaks apart..now would such a male of so little substance with so little holding him together..want to be friends..and then make his daughter best friend(?)..is that a good thing?..The fault is not actually the male actors, they are actually quite good and effective, polished in ways, but the movie just didnt gel in ways..and anne hathaway's performance was good and I enjoyed the way she comes across in this film, perhaps by european they mean she has some sophistication in this portrayal an off handedness..controlling the scenes..being the center of the set ups..making you center your attention on her..if thats where your focus was..which is what made the film for me..

The title and idea behind the film..is novel..like a new novel..although the film captures..20 years..and are we convinced in her change in appearance 20 years has elapsed? The idea of showing a drama in one day..is an interesting concept..the best part of the film I found the change of locale, Ms Hathaway's performance and she has a
strong character to work with and do much with..but the other characters...and the ending was weak..and the scene with the child..at the end..is weak as well..cliches..perhaps if not something else
on February 4, 2017
Very good movie...
on August 24, 2015
Très bon
on May 29, 2013
Being a movie collector I am very fussy which I order usually from seeing previews. I enjoy watching the many hours of entertainment.
on June 25, 2017
It breaks my heart to give a two star (or less) to any movie starring Anne Hathaway, because I really enjoy her and her movies. But this one, it was a complete let down, as it did the exact opposite of what I was expecting from it. I wanted a light enjoyable rom-com, and this just left me in a very melancholy mood.

It had a promising start, as it showed this relationship grow over the years, and I was all for it, because we have too many movies that only focus on the initial giddy years of a relationship, and I felt like this was doing something different. But without giving out any spoilers, all I can say is that - this turned out to be far worse and kinda pointless.

Now I need a fluffy feel-good romance to get me out of this sulk.
on July 7, 2017
Britons graduate college and have a one-night-stand. This checks in one them one a year to see how they are doing in their miserable lives with their miserable relationships. Was unable to understand why the had a relationship other than familiarity as they had little/nothing in common and virtually no respect for on another. Bare skin and some swear. Ghastly.
on December 5, 2011
The premise of the movie is different and interesting but the movie on the whole is slow and predictable.

Anne Hathaway should be credited for her English accent though. I think in one sentence she manged to go from Southern England, to Northern England and back in the same breath.