countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

1,280
Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(3 star). See all 1,280 reviews
on January 28, 2013
This is all I need, as I am a harry potter fan, but not a die hard, All I wanted was the movies on Blu Ray, and that's what this is, It's a reasonable Price for the whole collection.

HD Picture Quality is perfect 5/5

Surround Sound is great 5/5

It's a nice scaled down box that holds all the discs together safely 5/5

The one Disc that still has "Disc 1 of 2" on it is just lazy on their part. 3/5

As far as owning just the blu ray of all the harry potter films goes, this is all you need, if you are a die hard and you want every little special feature, this isn't for you. Hope this helps.
11 Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 17, 2015
I bought this DVD set on a really good sale around Black Friday last year. The best part about it is that I now have all of the Harry Potter DVDs at my fingertips. However, the packaging is awful. Only the first DVD has an image on it, while the rest are simply silver with the names in print. There is an insider mechanism that is supposed to let you flip through the DVDs, but it was broken when we got it, and continued to break throughout the past year. Now it sits in the case completely unattached. I think that if I had bought this as a gift for someone else, I would have been more angry about the quality. But to get all of the movies for $20, I couldn't complain much.
review image
on November 17, 2011
I have to say that I was greatly disapointed when I received this... First, I thought the box looked nice and all. But then, it seems the release of this item was too fast, as 2 of the 8 disks have no art cover on them... They are metallic with just the titles written in black on them... a bit disapointing as I've been waiting to buy the whole saga since a long time. It looks cheap and as if they hurried to get this out and the product was not totally ready. Still, great movies, but I guess I'll have to buy the 2 'cheaply packaged' DVD independently to get a great collector product.
on November 19, 2015
plusieurs DVD sont seulement sous-titrés français, dans la description bilingue il aurait fallu dire que c'était anglais /espagnol
on November 19, 2011
If you are a die-hard Harry Potter fan, do not buy this collection. All you get with this set is the first disc (disc 1) from each of the original blu ray releases of the films, literally. This is fine for the first five films/books (Stone, Chamber, Prisoner, Goblet, Phoenix) because they were only one disc to begin with, but HBP and DH 1/2 are only the first of the two discs you get in the individual releases. The publishers didn't even take the time to re-skin the discs to remove the "Disc 1" and "Movie" titles from their original placement in two-disc sets. I am not a massive HP fan but I love the films, so this isn't a huge bother to me as someone who just wants all of the films in blu ray, but this is a pretty disappointingly presented collection. To include the second disc for the last three films would not have pushed the total cost much over a reasonable limit and I was expecting to get either A) a COMPLETE collection including bonus discs or B) a newly published set of discs with uniquely arranged extra features befitting a slimmed down package. As it is, this collection is adequate but not satisfying. The case is nice. I like having all eight films in one small, plastic blu ray case with plastic clip inserts for pairs of discs. It's like a four-page book, double-sided, with all the films laid out in order. Too bad the finishing touches are a little cheap and disappointing. I almost recommend this set.
0Comment| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2016
DVDs worked well. Package took longer to arrive than described. Plastic DVD case was broken inside when it arrived so the discs were sliding around in the case.
review image
on February 2, 2013
The price is fair for what you get. I was not really into the early movies(The first 4). The more mature the story lines became the better the movies got.
on January 30, 2012
I loved those movies but I'll rather review the box-set; that disappointed me.

The dvds don't seem to have been re-edited (in the oldest ones, we have movie trailer that came out years ago). The add-on are few and poor 7 & 8 got some cut scenes, from time to time we get a trailer (really? that's a special feature?) No bloopers, no behind-the-scenes and i don't think we get the not-so-interesting audio-commentary-track. The menus and transition in-between are not up-to-date (2012 anyone??) and sometimes hard to visualize. I.e.: in one of the first movies on the main menu, your choice highlights with tiny stars around the words. Which would have been pretty if it had been bigger, or brighter; but it was so discreet at first I tought the dvd was broken...
on July 27, 2013
I did not know it was the UK version until it came in, Atleast my PS3 will play them this should have been stated in the description.
on January 3, 2014
For $25 you get just the basics in this package: all 8 movies in DVD format. Nothing fancy, except the shiny cardboard sleeve perhaps. The rest is a tiny bit of a letdown. As other reviewers have stated, the DVDs are not uniformly printed. For my order, only the first DVD had a colour label while the rest were just black text. Some of them were in bold text and others in more detailed greyscale. The special features content on the discs themselves also varied. Some movies had none while others had little. So I would say this collection is not for the hard-core fan nor the OCD.