countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 17, 2015
I bought this DVD set on a really good sale around Black Friday last year. The best part about it is that I now have all of the Harry Potter DVDs at my fingertips. However, the packaging is awful. Only the first DVD has an image on it, while the rest are simply silver with the names in print. There is an insider mechanism that is supposed to let you flip through the DVDs, but it was broken when we got it, and continued to break throughout the past year. Now it sits in the case completely unattached. I think that if I had bought this as a gift for someone else, I would have been more angry about the quality. But to get all of the movies for $20, I couldn't complain much.
review image
on January 12, 2015
Movies are great. The case that holds them though is the cheapest I've every seen. It literally fell apart when I opened it the first time and I noticed a piece that holds the disks in place was broken. The movies were ok though (not scratched).
on January 28, 2013
This is all I need, as I am a harry potter fan, but not a die hard, All I wanted was the movies on Blu Ray, and that's what this is, It's a reasonable Price for the whole collection.

HD Picture Quality is perfect 5/5

Surround Sound is great 5/5

It's a nice scaled down box that holds all the discs together safely 5/5

The one Disc that still has "Disc 1 of 2" on it is just lazy on their part. 3/5

As far as owning just the blu ray of all the harry potter films goes, this is all you need, if you are a die hard and you want every little special feature, this isn't for you. Hope this helps.
on February 8, 2014
Ok, so if you have a bit of an OCD, this is not the collection for you. All the DVD's look different. Some are coloured, some barely have a title written on, some are panoramic, others are not... I thought the whole idea behind a collection was to have some sort of continuity... that kinda got lost in there.
The whole casing is pretty cheap too.
Was disapointed.
on January 3, 2014
For $25 you get just the basics in this package: all 8 movies in DVD format. Nothing fancy, except the shiny cardboard sleeve perhaps. The rest is a tiny bit of a letdown. As other reviewers have stated, the DVDs are not uniformly printed. For my order, only the first DVD had a colour label while the rest were just black text. Some of them were in bold text and others in more detailed greyscale. The special features content on the discs themselves also varied. Some movies had none while others had little. So I would say this collection is not for the hard-core fan nor the OCD.
on December 28, 2012
Like other reviews said, this set is complied with spare discs from the full editions of the movies. Some are labeled "Disc 1" or "Movie Disc". One of them is just black with nothing but the title, like you'd get from a movie rental place.

Buy it for the movie but don't expect frills/extras. For the money, it might be better to wait and pick up the movies individually when they go on sale.
on November 19, 2011
If you are a die-hard Harry Potter fan, do not buy this collection. All you get with this set is the first disc (disc 1) from each of the original blu ray releases of the films, literally. This is fine for the first five films/books (Stone, Chamber, Prisoner, Goblet, Phoenix) because they were only one disc to begin with, but HBP and DH 1/2 are only the first of the two discs you get in the individual releases. The publishers didn't even take the time to re-skin the discs to remove the "Disc 1" and "Movie" titles from their original placement in two-disc sets. I am not a massive HP fan but I love the films, so this isn't a huge bother to me as someone who just wants all of the films in blu ray, but this is a pretty disappointingly presented collection. To include the second disc for the last three films would not have pushed the total cost much over a reasonable limit and I was expecting to get either A) a COMPLETE collection including bonus discs or B) a newly published set of discs with uniquely arranged extra features befitting a slimmed down package. As it is, this collection is adequate but not satisfying. The case is nice. I like having all eight films in one small, plastic blu ray case with plastic clip inserts for pairs of discs. It's like a four-page book, double-sided, with all the films laid out in order. Too bad the finishing touches are a little cheap and disappointing. I almost recommend this set.
0Comment| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2011
I have to say that I was greatly disapointed when I received this... First, I thought the box looked nice and all. But then, it seems the release of this item was too fast, as 2 of the 8 disks have no art cover on them... They are metallic with just the titles written in black on them... a bit disapointing as I've been waiting to buy the whole saga since a long time. It looks cheap and as if they hurried to get this out and the product was not totally ready. Still, great movies, but I guess I'll have to buy the 2 'cheaply packaged' DVD independently to get a great collector product.
on July 5, 2013
I know that WB will probably try to sell special editions in the future but that's precisely why I cannot give these 5-stars. This is all 8 movies, and only movies. I would have liked a set of all movies + special features.
on March 20, 2016
Expected same look and feel for all discs in a box set... However, these all looked different visually and some went straight to the movie while others had menus and previews. Would have been nice to be consistent.