countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on December 29, 2015
I originally wanted the full Hogwarts set but at the time I didn't want to break the bank.
This is a great set for those who just want the movies with minimal special features. It is a no non-sense addition to anyone's growing blu-ray collection. If you are looking for extra content, extended special features and fancy packaging this set is not for you.

Appearance - 10/10
I thought it looked great off the package. The discs are all in one big blue ray case within the cardboard jacket. It's simple enough and it looks great in my blu ray shelf.

Contents - 9/10
A bit bare for my liking but like I said, this is a no non-sense collection. It is literally all 8 movies in 8 discs. The nice touch is that every disc has the artwork for that movie except for "The Deathly Hallows Pt 1" which is odd but it's not that big of a deal.

I don't really need to say anything about the movie. I would recommend this set to anyone looking to add just the movies or for those who don't have the space to store limited and fancy editions of the movie.
on December 16, 2015
This is the perfect collection for someone who just wants to own all the Harry Potter films on Blu Ray. If you are a serious or die-hard Harry Potter fan or collector, I would not recommend this item simply because it doesn't really include anything worthwhile, neat or interesting beyond the movie discs. In fact, some of the discs in the collection still have the "Disc 1 of 2" stamp on them, as if they were removed from their standalone films to be included with this collection. For me, this collection is perfect because I just wanted to have the movies, nothing more. But if I was a Harry Potter collector or bigger fan, I would have been thoroughly disappointed with this collection. I also got it on sale at a very good price, which made it an even better deal! It arrived well-packaged and in great condition. But be careful if you're a collector, because this set really isn't ideal for collection purposes in my opinion.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 30, 2015
I recently purchased this as a Christmas present. While I have not watched the discs to attest to the quality of them, I am still quite pleased. It shipped really fast and arrived a day earlier than stated. If I had kept this for myself, I like the fact that it's nice and compact and doesn't take up a lot of space. It's the complete set which is really nice to have all in one. I recently saw a boxed set of these movies at Costco and it was around the $150 price range, crazy! I'm so glad I found this set instead at a fraction of the cost. Sure maybe it doesn't have little extras but honestly who needs all that junk unless you're a die hard collector. Basically you're buying box sets for the movies and I think this is a great choice!
on February 24, 2016
this was perfect for my kids. they are still a bit young so they dont care about the extra footage. if you are just looking for the movies with no extra then this is for you. people have commented about one disc saying disc 1 of 2. that doesnt really matter to me. it is not like i have the discs on display or anything. i was happy to have all the movies in one package, it keeps room free on my movie shelves. my boys were really happen and that is all that matters to me. i would really suggest this for people who want just the movies and dont have lots of extra money to spend.
on May 11, 2016
I bought this collection last Christmas because it was deeply discounted. It's a no-frills package--movies only, no extra features or fancy inserts. Be careful with the case; my daughter dropped it once and one of the disc holders' hinges broke. But still, no complaints here considering the price. It must be said that my daughter had never seen a HP movie before these, and now she is hooked. She has watched and rewatched all the movies, and is reading the books at the same time. No regrets buying this set.
on December 28, 2015
Super belle série pour les fans d'Harry Potter pour un prix imbattable. Ce coffret n'est pas comparable à un "Collector's edition" mais il est très bon qualité/prix.

C'est une bonne idée de cadeau!
on January 12, 2015
I managed to pick this up on sale from Amazon.ca during Christmas for $42.99. If you're a fan of the Harry Potter series, you won't be disappointed. Contrary to the other reviews, this set does have special features (deleted scenes, commentary, etc.) for each film, but the blu rays are defaulted to play the movies automatically.

If you're a fan of the films, you'll enjoy this set.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 18, 2011
If all you want are the films in blu-ray format, then this is the collection for you.
If you want a stunning box, creative presentation, and extra features for the films, you will be sorely disappointed.

Before running away, ask yourself this: how often do you watch all the extended extra features of movies you buy?
If the answer is "always" or "most of the time" then run run run.
If the answer is "never" then click purchase.
0Comment| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have been wanting to pick this package up for over the last year. Just wanted to find it at the price they were selling it last cyber Monday. Since I have seen all eight films via my brothers collection I think I can comment on this. This is for people like me who only want the films. I very rarely ever watch bonus discs for movies and hate that in most cases I have to buy them. This set contains the eight movies on eight Blu rays. It comes in a nice solid Blu ray case that takes up about a 1/4 of what the space the regular editions would take in your collection. These are the same editions as the regular releases so you get the best possible version of the film. Down side is the discs do come from the other editions so the say things like disc I on the sixth movie of the series. I am fine with this if that's what saved me all that money from buying them individually. If these type of things don't sit well with you you should buy one of the other additions. But these films are classics and to get each movie for under ten bucks well let's just say I am more then happy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 29, 2014
Really enjoy these movies, especially in marathon mode so it was a nice treat to find this on sale. Naturally I liked the upgrade to blu ray. Not much else to say about this other than I love the upgrade, saves shelf space and is a wonderful wizardry tale.