Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon March 24, 2016
Looks good but is not calibrated and I cannot find any means to recalibrate the device. From day to day the degree to which it differs form other higher end devices changes, one day it will show 2 degrees higher and then the next day 3 degrees cooler. The humidity display... was this thing calibrated at all before leaving the factory?

On the upside it looks good and the display, colors and layout are great, now if only it worked as desired.

#### Follow up. Its been a couple of months since my first review and thing have remained the same. Both temp and humidity are inaccurate and the device was finally tossed into the electronic recycling box.
2 people found this helpful
on September 7, 2016
PROS:
+ Easy to use
+ Durable. I dropped it a few times, it survived each drop.
+ The hygrometer reading is somewhat reliable. Sometimes, it matches the weather station/forecast value; sometimes, it's ~ 10% less. I find this acceptable -- as the analog hygrometer reading (that I have) does not always matches weather station value either. (The analog hygrometer reading is sometimes 10% higher and sometimes 10% lower than the weather station value.)
+ It can display the temperature in either degree Celsius or degree Fahrenheit. (Even my portable air conditioner cannot do that lol.)
+ It looks OK.

Cons:
- I wish it's more durable (lol). While it has survived the drops, the corners got chipped a tiny bit.

Conclusion: I recommend this product if it is on sale :)
on July 15, 2015
Don't forget to peel off the invisible plastic shipping protector from the face of this unit. I thought mine didn't work, and almost returned it. I tried everything, and it would only read 73.5° and 53%... Same as on the picture on the instructions. I finally realized that the digital display was printed on the the invisible protective skin for display purposes. I felt like an idiot. As soon as I peeled it off I could see the real display that was working perfectly.
EDIT: since my initial little blurb, I checked the accuracy of the humidity readings using the "salt test" . I was really surprised to find its calibration was perfect. I had a constant 75% reading for a twenty four hour period, which is perfect. I changed my rating from 4 to 5 stars. I also prefer the clean LED display over some of the thicker, blacker looking read outs on some other brands.
on June 5, 2013
I bought this model to be able to read the temperature of a room, but also the humidity level.

I like that it uses a normal AAA battery.

The temperature reading matches that of other thermometer in the house. However, the humidity indicator seems to be consistantly lower by about 20%...

Just to make sure, I've stopped my A/C that also dries the house and all my other hygrometer went up to 65-70% humidity, but this one stayed at 43% humidity...

I've had it for 4 days now and I hope that it will slowlycorrect itself...

Still, it's not very expensive and the design is nice. It uses normal AAA battery and is quite compact and fits nicely on the corner of a cupboard.
on May 30, 2012
I have La Crosse Technology hygrometer. A professional came to my house to measure humidity with a very sophisticated instrument. It's own humidity readings were in line with the one that I have. So, I've bought two these cheap little hygrometers from the same company and their readings are in line with the other one that I already have. So, it's very accurate and cheap. Furthermore, it reacts with humidity change fast enough.

The only con that I can think of is the needle. ASHRAE recommend a humidity level from 30% to 60% and this one tells it's wet at 65%. The comfort level is known to be between 40 and 50% approximately.
12 people found this helpful
on September 12, 2016
This is small and easy to use. It requires one AAA battery. Set up is painless and it includes several options. On the back is a button to switch the temperature between C/F. There is also another button to scroll through the day's history of min and max temperatures and humidity levels. It includes a guide which explains what the humidity levels mean.
on February 21, 2014
I bought this Lacross WT-137U and a Honeywell H10C to determine the humidity/temperature in my residense. Both indicate the same readings; I can then presume that they accurate since they are made by two different companies. . However, I like this Lacross WT-137U better since you can put on either a table or on the wall whereas The Honeywell H10C only fits on a table.The Lacross WT-137U also features an indicator (a needle) that shows if the humidity of the room is in the comfort zone. This Lacross WT-137U does the job for me.
on March 13, 2017
Very accurate meter comparing to my Honeywell they give me identical readings and besides that you just have to look at the arrow and instantly you will know if you are in the comfort zone.
on September 12, 2015
Many reviews point out that the moisture reading is inaccurate. But I have never has a thermometer that cannot tell the temperature.
It reports about 6 degrees too high. Right now it reports 58.2 F while it is actually 53.6 F.
I have the correct temperature using the app Dark Sky.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 20, 2015
Had this little hygrometer for 3 years now. It's been working great! Temperature and humidity are both in line with other hygrometers we have. It's battery lasts for well over a year as well

See 1 answered question