countdown boutiques-francophones SubscribeAndSave Furniture Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Blu-ray|Change

My husband and I agreed to watch "The Avengers" due to previous good experiences with watching both "Ironman" films, "Captain America" from last year, and "Thor". In my opinion, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, and Chris Evans all gave strong and convincing performances in their roles as Ironman, Captain America, and Thor. It was also entertaining watching Scarlet Johansson's Natasha Romanoff character holding her own when confronting Mark Ruffalo's Dr. Bruce character. My husband's favorite character was that of Loki played by Tom Hiddleston. I can understand this because Hiddleston plays a powerful and complex being who proves to be a strong challenge for Thor. For me, it is a tie between Downey's Ironman character and Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury persona. Downey plays the role of being the braintrust in deciding how to defeat Loki. Meanwhile, Jackson projects strong leadership and encouraging skills when gathering the appropriate forces to battle Loki. "The Avengers" is best for anyone who has enjoyed any of the previous films: "Captain America", "Thor," and either of the "Ironman" films.
on February 18, 2015
Fans of the classic tv show will have no complaints about this thrilling, action-packed update! Fiennes and Thurman make Steed and Peel their own, while Sean Connery is at his scenery chewing best in a rare villainous turn. Top notch production values and a witty, colourful script make this one irresistible to young and old alike.
review image
on October 9, 2012
This is a great action movie ... emphasis on action.
The character development is slight with the assumption you have seen the lead-up movies ... Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, and The Incredible Hulk.
There is that little touch of humour from Joss Whedon for which he is famous, and the movie comes across as a larger than life adventure.
I was in Visions Electronics on the weekend and saw The Avengers playing on a 90-inch LED HDTV ... this is certainly a big screen movie and the huge screen brought it to life in 2D mode. I was standing beside Captain America as he paid off his ten dollar bet to Colonel Nick Fury ... and it felt like you could reach in and shake their hands. And this was in 2D mode. Can you imagine what it might have been like in 3D?
This makes my 40-inch screen at home seem feeble by comparison.
I can't wait until I get a 60-inch screen at home later this year to view the movie all over again.
on October 17, 2012
Le film est vraiment parfait pourvu que l'on ait vu les autres de la série, sinon les allusions du passé passent inaperçu et la richesse du scénario est essentiellement basé la dessus.

Mais attention à la copie digitale, elle n'est disponible qu'en anglais et lorsque vous changez d'ordinateur, votre copie est perdue à jamais, ce qui est vraiment abérant... Je vous invite à vous plaindre à ce sujet afin que Disney trouve un moyen de transférer les droits de lecture d'un ordi vers un autre.

Pour ce qui est du travail d'Amazone, plutôt impeccable, la livraison est rapide et sécuritaire, en pré-commande j'ai reçu le film le matin même de sa sortie alors que j'avais pris l'option du courrier normal. Notez cependant que si vous êtes collectionneur, l'état des coins de carton peut vous faire déprécier votre achat.
on July 11, 2015
This is one of the best ensemble action stories I've seen, and with more than a dose of humor to go with it. I thoroughly enjoyed it in the theatres and now I get to enjoy it over and over, and in 3D to boot!
on October 31, 2012
I was sent a voucher for this product as consolation for the botched launch of the Avengers Phase 1 Mega Ultra Crazy Edition. First of all: good on Amazon for taking the [Avengers] initiative and giving their customers something to chew on while we wait for spring 2013.

The Blu-Ray combo pack has a fair bit of content and a fantastic transfer of the movie. You can't really go wrong with the film unless you hate life - it is a master tapestry woven together by the vision of Mr. Whedon. The extras, including the one-shot, are all fantastic. Although, to be honest, I wish they made beefier gag reels.
on July 1, 2012
If you don't want to get stung by a bad description about what is included, head over to the comparison chart on the US Amazon site at http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-The-Avengers-Four-Disc-Combo/dp/B001KVZ6HK/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1341176078&sr=1-1&keywords=avengers because that lays out exactly what is in each package.
on February 2, 2013
Notwithstanding the Hulk movies, I've been loving all the Marvel superhero movies so far. I was excited when I heard about the Avengers movie in general, but even more so with Joss Whedon being attached to it. Luckily it didn't disappoint. Loads of action, character-building, and humour. I know there are sequels in the works for Iron Man, Thor, and Capt. America, but I'd love it if they made Black Widow and Hawkeye movies as well before the next Avenger movie (which we all know is going to happen! *grin*); they totally deserve their own.
on May 28, 2014
This film rivals Spiderman II and The Dark Knight as superhero movies. Incredibly fun, great pace, funny, sweet action. The Phantom Menace-style destroy-the-mothership-and-the-badguys-all-die ending is a little anticlimactic, but the movie is great
on October 22, 2012
I must admit, I like a good majority of the super hero movies (except Green Lantern, which was just "alright" to me.)

The Marvel movies are especially good. I had already enjoyed Thor and Captain America, so I was almost sold in advance.

This one did not disappoint. It is full of action and also very funny at times. Downey Jr. is, as always a master of his role, but is also surrounded by impresive performances from the entire cast. Three words: lots of fun!