Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Customer reviews

So (25th Anniversary 3CD Deluxe)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 28, 2018
One of my favorite albums. One of those albums that brings me back to where i was when I first heard it, repeatedly... great stuff. The extras are ok, but it's not much different than the 2012 remaster, in fact, it IS the 2012 remaster, with a few pics more.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 23, 2012
Finally one of the ten best records of the 1980's gets the deluxe treatment and this time it's no rip off. First we get the remastered So. It sounds brilliant. I know it always has but next to the SACD and the suprise coming up it's the best you are going to hear the album. You get the DNA disc. Basically songs in their infant stage or somewhere along the line to completetion. Kind of cool, not mind blowing but cool. Now we get to the great. First a two CD live show from the 1987 recorded in Athens. This is the show that was cut up into the POV release from the 1980's. You also get a new recut of that concert. That's the full show on DVD in 5.1. Another excellent Classic Album Feature that goes in depth with the recording of So. Now the suprise! I guess Peter heard the online rumbles. You get a code to download a 24bit version of the record that he refurs to as Studio Quality. So still no 5.1 but the 24bit should sound great. I do not know the format or any other info as I have yet to try the download.
For those of you who have never experienced the album So here is your chance. This record is easily one of the greatest record from the 80's. Even Ozzy is a huge fan. I watched a Much Music special on him a few years ago and the host said he had been listening to all of Gabriel's records and he was amazed how they didn't sound dated. That sums Peter up in a nut shell. But how can you sound dated when no one releases music like yours. Songs like Red Rain, Mercy Street even Sledgehammer could just as easily come out now. As always with Mr. Gabriel the sound is impeccable. Video super sharp and a beautifully laid out coffee table book. Oh I almost forgot about you Vinyl fans. You also get a copy of the album and an EP on vinyl. So with exception of a 5.1 mix you get everything here and for once I did not have to rebuy products I already had. All this at half the price his tickets were on the So back to front tour (LOL sorry $189 for ticket was a little steep) and the show like this box set takes me back to a time where I was finishing high school and starting University best part of anyone's life and this was my soundtrack. Great Box set nuff said!!
on December 3, 2017
Very good!
on June 7, 2016
J'aime Peter Gabriel
on April 11, 2018
Really outstanding. The photograph cards included with the box set are awesome.
on August 24, 2016
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 30, 2013
I rate So as a top album of all time in the pop genre. This collection is both detailed and of the highest quality. Highly recommended for fans of Peter and of the genre.
on January 15, 2013
Love it, some music and artists are timeless. Peter
Gabriel is one of them. Highly recommend this CD to everyone.