countdown boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture Learn more All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Denomination: 40|Design Name: Maple Leaf|Change
Price:$40.00

on April 13, 2011
I followed the links on your website to purchase a gift card which could be redeemed for a kindle. When my sister tried to use it to purchase a book for her kindle, the gift card was refused. Gift cards should be good for ANYTHING on amazon.ca and I'm very upset that she was unable to use her card for its intended purpose. I found the entire experience very frustrating.
on March 24, 2011
I purchased a gift card a family member to buy books on tier Kindle. Found out after he redeemed the card that gift cards from amazon.ca are not usable to buy Kindle books. Amazon should make that front and center when purchasing gift cards.
on October 18, 2011
I purchased this gift certificate so the recipient could buy books for her kindle. It was only able to be used for physical merchandise, not e-books and this was not clear in the details of the gift certificate.
on May 31, 2015
A review on a gift card, really? One that you print yourself? So... OK. It was easy to purchase and apparently easy to redeem (happened the next day). The illustration was nice (wish the graphic artist was credited). Print quality was perfect (I have a good printer) and the card was neatly folded (I have good eyes and hands) and the envelope was nice too (because my girlfriend has good taste). I guess you can't be disappointed when you print your own gift card...
on November 25, 2012
I was really disappinted in this certificate as I thought that it could be used to purchase books on a Kindle. This was the intention for the gift and it doesn't work for that purchase.
on April 21, 2013
I am very displeased with the amazon.ca service. I bought this gift certificate for my mother who has a kindle which was also purchased from your website. Unfortunately for some reason this gift certificate can not be used towards online books for the Kindle from your website and only a gift certificate from amazon.com will work. I tried to get a refund however the site does not easily allow gift card returns.
I just don't understand why things bought on amazon.ca cannot work for buying things on amazon.com. I don't mind paying the difference for currency conversion. I also am flabbergasted that your Canadian branch will sell Kindles but then not support it by selling books for the device and instead be redirected to the amazon.com site.
Very troublesome

Sincerely
Aaron Grant
on March 9, 2011
I was disappointed to learn that the gift card could not be used to purchase Kindle books. That was my intention when purchasing the card.
on July 12, 2016
Delivered fast via email. However code is not included in the email. I have to open the pdf file that Amazon sent to me and type the code manually. That's a little inconvenient. Other than that everything works well. I think I would buy E-mail delivery gift card next time.
on January 22, 2011
I'm surprised to hear from you! I have tried unsuccessfully to contact your "customer service."
I was unable to even access the gift certificate, let alone print it. By giving my wife a gift certificate, I had hoped to interest her in the benefits of Amazon.ca but, after this experience, I doubt that will be possible.

In fact, I'm not certain I will wish to do further business with Amazon. If you cannot provide me with some degree of satisfaction in the simple purchase of a gift certificate (which I have been able to do online with others), I would ask for a reimbursement at your earliest convenience.

Yours in disappointment,

George Haines
1318 Colony Street
Saskatoon, SK S7N 0S7
306-653-2301
GandSHaines@shaw.ca
on February 21, 2013
Not much to say about a gift certificate really - It does what it says on the tin.

On additional point: I bought this from the UK as a gift for Canadian that was visiting London. Getting a local currency gift certificate is more difficult that it should be really. I had to go to the amazon.ca to buy it. Surely, there is an easier and less complicated user experience to be created here?

I consistently use both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk so the fact that I am an international customer is not new information for Amazon. I might be in a minority but Amazon is a big enough to find user experience that works for me better than single sign-on into separate national systems.