countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

on December 27, 2012
Although this phone is not actually required to use the Ooma Telo, it does provide some nice features that you would not get otherwise: 2nd line, picture display, etc... Overall, the call quality is equal to the cordless Panasonic I had hooked up to the Telo before getting this handset, no better no worse. After two weeks of fairly intensive use, I am very happy with this purchase.
on May 28, 2013
This phone is a good complement to the Ooma system. If you subscribe to the Premium Service it gives you a second line. You can also add pictures of your frequent callers through My Ooma and see a small picture of the person who is calling directly on the phone.
on April 19, 2013
While the handset itself has a great build quality and works better than advertised, the included charging cradle has serious issues.
After purchasing 2 of these handsets I have returned 1 because it would not charge in the cradle because the mini USB port on the cradle had loose connection.
The other has a loose connection as well but if you apply constant upward pressure to the AC adapter where it plugs into the cradle it works fine.
The replacement unit that was received had other issues, the phone handset does not rest properly in the cradle and won't charge. If I force the handset into the cradle it makes the connection and charges fine.

Handset would get 5 stars if the cradle was of better build quality.
on March 12, 2016
Horrible handsets. Cheap plastic. Short battery life with no warning beep when battery is dying. Constantly disconnected and reconnected to Ooma Telo base. I had 3 of these over the course of about 4 months. On one of the first two the direction buttons stopped working within about a day. In the end I returned all of them as unusable (Luckily I purchased them from Costco!). This is a very poorly designed and manufactured product. It is too bad because although my Panasonic Handsets are a much better product I really miss some of the extra features that only come with the Ooma HD2 handsets (Picture call display etc...). The Ooma service itself has been pretty good though. Am now using it for about 2 years or so.
on July 5, 2015
All of a sudden I started having a problem where the battery would say its full and after talking on it for ten minutes it would just die. This seemed to happen after a software update was pushed from Ooma -- however when going through their support their only answer was "The handset is no longer under warranty, we can't help you".

I even replaced the rechargeable batteries in the handset with new ones, and the same behaviour. It's software related, but customer support (on the hardware side at least) with OOma is atrocious. They make Comcast technicians look like helpful church ladies.
on February 18, 2014
I like all about this headset - clarity, pic shows when it rings, easy menu, nice piece of hardware - highly recommended
on April 29, 2013
Purchased phone and arrived defective, as in would not charge. Charging pins on phone bottom were absent rendering the phone useless. Customer Service replaced phone promptly. No problems since. Works very well in addition to Panasonic phones I already have. Voice Quality is above average & reliable for me. Charging cradle is cheap & flimsy.
on May 2, 2014
Easy to use, good quality, yes it's a bit pricier than other handsets but you get what you pay for.
on January 19, 2016
If you're off-grid, this handset is not for you. The battery in it allows the unit to continually search for the wifi signal, even when you've turned off the internet. Batteries go dead in days this way. I guess I didn't think this one out. Bought an old traditional phone at the second-hand store & it works great.
on November 22, 2013
I love my Ooma phone. It is very clear and works very well. it is very clear and no static. I like that it syncs very easy with my contacts and that you just need to log in to the web page to change anything on your phone.

See 1 answered question