Echo Dot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on March 18, 2015
It's exactly the quality I've come to expect from Sonos products. Sturdy, and sound is great. Setup was just as simple as any Sonos product, plug it in, fire up the app and press two buttons. Sure it's pricey, that's because there is no other product quite like it available, and quality costs. It's worth it.

I do think I will add a sub in the future, it will give the playbar speakers even more power when they don't have to worry about bass.
on March 23, 2017
Easy Set-up and great sound quality
on November 15, 2017
Amazing sound, reliable connection, couldn't ask for more
on February 22, 2016
excellent
on April 13, 2017
My other Sonos speakers are great but I regret this purchase. Too many compromises for such an expensive speaker. The simulated surround from 2.0 sources often mangles the dialogue, it does not support modern audio codecs and sometimes shuts off in the middle of a video, requiring a lengthy reboot.

Update, Sonos pushed an update with their 7.4 software that caused sound to stop working on the Playbar. Took over 2 weeks for a beta fix, terrible QC.
on July 11, 2015
After owning this and listening to this for a couple of weeks, here are my thoughts:

Pros:
- Great sound (like everyone else indicates).. Sounds even better when grouped with sub/other speakers. The syncing is virtually perfect - it sounds like one unit.
- Powerful enough to fill a small apartment. Can get pretty loud as well.
- Easy setup and really convenient to use - controllable with your phone/tablet/computer, so you can really control what's playing anywhere in your home any time
- Looks clean - not only aesthetically but also you won't get messy wires as there's a max of 3 wires running to the soundbar (optical, power, and ethernet)
- From packaging to the physical feel of the Playbar - it feels like a well-made quality product

Cons:
- Pricey, but worth the money if it's within your budget.
- Bass is not very strong, but acceptable for regular use

Overall, the good sound quality is only half of what you're really paying for. It's true that you can get other soundbars that sound just as good if not better for $750, but the other half of the price is really the convenience of what they call "the Sonos system". I think a lot of people really underestimate the convenience factor. You can use virtually everything as a controller (phone/tablet/computer) as long as they're on the same LAN and have the app. As a simple (but surprisingly common) example, this means I can use my phone to select a playlist and then walk around the house; grab my tablet to adjust the volume a bit; and stop the music via my computer later on. You also don't need to keep any of these controllers on while the music is streaming, since it's all streamed by the Playbar itself.

Other notes:
- You'll need a good wireless network
- Works great with popular music streaming services (I use Spotify premium and it's really well integrated)
- You won't be able to use this as a wireless AUX speaker (no Bluetooth either)
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2017
Love this sound bar, so easy to set up and I love it most for not having a sub woofer... I hate soundbars that have wireless sub woofers because they always lose sync, I purchased a Sony sound bar with a wireless sub woofer and I was scared that it would but I never expected that the sub woofer would lose sync just 2 hours after using the thing. Tried to sync it back up once with no succcess so I returned it right away and looked for either a sound bar with ought a sub woofer or with a wired one.. That's when I came across this bad boy and the beauty of it is you dont really need a sub woofer cuz the bass on it is good enough I find. The app is amazing to you can control everything from your phone. I am 100% happy I got this and I will be adding on more speakers down the road and possibly even a sub woofer if I decide to venture into that territory again.
on November 2, 2017
I have been using Sonos speakers for several years now. I have three Playbars, two subs, two Play 1's, and a Play 5 (gen 1) - i'm invested as they say. When they work, they are terrific....but here's the thing, just as you are expecting your guests to arrive for that dinner or party, you'll turn on the music and discover half your "rooms" are missing or you'll make the mistake of installing that update (NEVER install the update unless you are prepared to deal with the consequences). Sonos has NO SUPPORT - they refer you to their "community", in short, go over and ask your neighbor if they know how to fix your problem. Yes, you paid $900 for a speaker and you have to rely and a group of your peers to fix it when it goes wrong. They will usually point to your Wifi network and suggest you change channels (been there, done that), or just reinstall the speaker....so you run around your house, installing each speaker all over again, one by one, going through the four or five steps of the installation process and THEN, you have to repeat their TruePlay tuning which has you walking around the room with your phone like an idiot while weird noises come from the speakers.....sure it works, but remember, your guests are just getting out of their cars....frustrating does not begin to describe it. As I said, good speakers, great system when it works, but a PITA when it does not and that "does not" will be more frequent than you would expect. Eventually, you get it to work....but by then, your guests are on their way home.....
on November 25, 2016
Sounds really good, set up was really easy, and software/apps that control the speaker are snappy and easy to use! Oh and most importantly the speaker sounds good! Much better than the sound bar I had in my living room before! Can't wait to add in the sonos sub-woofer to my set up in the future but even on it's own it still has bass and sounds good!
on November 7, 2017
For the same investment, a true audiophile would buy a separate AV receiver and speakers that would blow the Sonos 3.1 system in all factors except for wiring. Oh, wiring. How inconvenient. I guess you don't really enjoy music that much if plugging some wires is too much of a chore for you. That being said, a Yamaha Network AV receiver and a set of Energy 5.1 Classics would destroy the Sonos. And Rick Rubin can wave is TruePlay enabled iOS device until the cows come home.