Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on January 2, 2018
My husband and I absolutely love the SONOS soundbar. The sound is excellent, and the set-up was completely painless, using the SONOS app on our iPhone. We have a 700 sqft condo, and the sound fills the entire room. We love the fact that this sound system can be built one piece at a time. We’re planning on getting a SONOS Sub, and then buying either Play 1 or Play 3 one at a time after that as money allows. The best part is that we can use the Play 3 as a stand-alone speaker in our bedroom, and then when we purchase the second, move it seamlessly out into the living room.
3 people found this helpful
on April 26, 2017
once i figured out that all i had to do was download the Sonos app to my ipad (i dont pay attention to instructions to well) This was a piece of cake, the app does it all for you . I have been frustrated with installing electronics in the past and I wish all my installs were this easy. Sound is great as well. If you would rather pay more but avoid having a techie come set it up , this is it.
on November 25, 2016
Sounds really good, set up was really easy, and software/apps that control the speaker are snappy and easy to use! Oh and most importantly the speaker sounds good! Much better than the sound bar I had in my living room before! Can't wait to add in the sonos sub-woofer to my set up in the future but even on it's own it still has bass and sounds good!
One person found this helpful
on September 15, 2016
Really good - I wish it had more audio input options. It has one optical. A line in would've been nice. We use it along with a digital projector, so devices need optical to work with this. We use it with the sub, and it's great.
3 people found this helpful
on May 8, 2018
I came an inch away from returning this (thinking it was not compatible with my new LG PF1000UW short throw projector) but after taking a few deep breaths I got it working and WOW does it ever work. Getting the Sonos app up and running it was relatively simple to add the Sonos One's and Sub to get the 5.1 glory i was looking for. THE SOUND QUALITY IS INSANE!!!!! I LOVE IT.
on July 11, 2015
After owning this and listening to this for a couple of weeks, here are my thoughts:

Pros:
- Great sound (like everyone else indicates).. Sounds even better when grouped with sub/other speakers. The syncing is virtually perfect - it sounds like one unit.
- Powerful enough to fill a small apartment. Can get pretty loud as well.
- Easy setup and really convenient to use - controllable with your phone/tablet/computer, so you can really control what's playing anywhere in your home any time
- Looks clean - not only aesthetically but also you won't get messy wires as there's a max of 3 wires running to the soundbar (optical, power, and ethernet)
- From packaging to the physical feel of the Playbar - it feels like a well-made quality product

Cons:
- Pricey, but worth the money if it's within your budget.
- Bass is not very strong, but acceptable for regular use

Overall, the good sound quality is only half of what you're really paying for. It's true that you can get other soundbars that sound just as good if not better for $750, but the other half of the price is really the convenience of what they call "the Sonos system". I think a lot of people really underestimate the convenience factor. You can use virtually everything as a controller (phone/tablet/computer) as long as they're on the same LAN and have the app. As a simple (but surprisingly common) example, this means I can use my phone to select a playlist and then walk around the house; grab my tablet to adjust the volume a bit; and stop the music via my computer later on. You also don't need to keep any of these controllers on while the music is streaming, since it's all streamed by the Playbar itself.

Other notes:
- You'll need a good wireless network
- Works great with popular music streaming services (I use Spotify premium and it's really well integrated)
- You won't be able to use this as a wireless AUX speaker (no Bluetooth either)
36 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on December 27, 2017
Perfect
on November 15, 2017
Amazing sound, reliable connection, couldn't ask for more
on March 23, 2017
Easy Set-up and great sound quality
on January 27, 2016
Sonos is by far the easiest and best quality. I love my system and the soundbar is very easy to setup and sync.
One person found this helpful